CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Nav Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 ML350
Nav Unit

Anyone have any information on adding the Nav unit to a 2009 CLK350, like how much should I expect to spend or should i look into an after market unit. I want a no dash modification solution as the car is a lease and I am not sure as to wether i will purchase or not.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:55 PM

CLK 320
If you're unsure about whether or not you're going to keep the car, I'd just get a portable GPS.

Adding a COMMAND unit (MB Navi) or an aftermarket unit is both costly and invasive. You can probably find a COMMAND unit for around $800 + installation which I don't have a ball park figure.

If you went aftermarket, really depends on what headunit you want, but you'll probably be spending between $600-$1K on a good headunit then probably $200-$400 on installation cause of the fiber optic wiring (I'm not 100% sure 2009 models have yet, but I'm assuming they do)... then double that for putting back to stock should you turn your lease in.

There are plenty of threads that cover this topic if you do a search. Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:13 PM

2013 ML350
Thanks was just looking for some ideas since I dont really like the stock unit very much at all... oh well the main reason I want something new is I want something that will play off a hard drive or usb stick which i believe the Command Unit has a HD... guess I will just get an IPOD and live with it.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 PM

CLK 320
Pioneer AVIC Z-series has a built HDD... Kenwood units have a USB... not sure about the COMMAND.

The cheap way is to install an AUX input in your glove, You can connect any mp3 player with a 3.5mm jack. It's kinda annoying cause it's in the glove, but if you play mixes and aren't always trying to change the songs... you're good.

The way to check if your car is capable of doing this is by holding down the CDC button. The screen should change to say AUX active. If that works, there is a $25 walkman cord you can buy from MB. Very easy to install and there is thread on it. I actually have one laying around since I upgraded my system. Let me know if you want to grab it from me. Good luck.