CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

More power

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK 500
Originally Posted by supacrazykev
So is anyone upgrading Headers, Pulleys, ECU? If you guys do, tell me how you guys do it
i considering it, but going to wait until next year.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
CLK 55 AMG 2005 and CLK 63 AMG cab.2007 - 2009 EVO - 2013 ML63 AMG - 2018 G63 AMG
Soo the break down is: for a W209 CLK 55 AMG
(I considered these are WHP # and not at the crank)
If I'm wrong please correct me

** AMS Hedears: 23WHP/25WTQ 1250$
** AMS Crank pulley:12WHP, 15+WTQ 550$
** High flow secondary cats 300Cell :10WHP/12WTQ 200$ (ebay)

Review: with these 3 mods = 45WHP & 52WTQ for 2000$ + installation

AMS... how many hours of installation are we looking at? for these 3 mods?

What do you guys think?
Old 12-16-2009, 10:46 AM

03 CLK 500
Talking Check it out

Originally Posted by FatTony001
Soo the break down is: for a W209 CLK 55 AMG
(I considered these are WHP # and not at the crank)
If I'm wrong please correct me

** AMS Hedears: 23WHP/25WTQ 1250$
** AMS Crank pulley:12WHP, 15+WTQ 550$
** High flow secondary cats 300Cell :10WHP/12WTQ 200$ (ebay)

Review: with these 3 mods = 45WHP & 52WTQ for 2000$ + installation

AMS... how many hours of installation are we looking at? for these 3 mods?

What do you guys think?

in some old threads I have heard some bad things about AMS - I don't know if the things that were said are true, but I would defInitely check them out before buying anything or ask for testimonies for those individuals that have bought some from AMS.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
u know i have all these mods on my mind, but i still have an issue with all these mods!
No matter how fast we try to make our clk's or even most mercs for that matter they just cant handle.

Im considering selling my clk before i dump 6k in performance mods and still have a car that cant touch a porsche 997.

Only problem i have is that i am negative 10k on my clk and its a huge amount of money to come up with in order to trade the car in.

I honestly think that its better to save my cash and buy a 997 carrera s. I love porsche's since being in my buddys 997tt i am totally hooked on their cars.

If money were not an issue i would just straight into the 997TT but i think the carrera s is quite powerful and will out perform my clk 10x over.

I have recently grown found of my clk with all the mods it has, but whenever i drive it i can never take it to the edge because you will end up in a ditch.

I have tracked my car, therefore know its capabilities... some people think that amg's are the ****.. but there just highway cruisers!

If you intend on keeping your clk then i would think its worthwile getting the headers and tune by kleemann. But forget all the pulley bs..

I dont know why i always go back and forth, one second im dead set on headers and turning my clk into a monster.. but i just dont feel comforable dirving the car hard anymore. I hope to step it up and be in my porsche someday soon.

Mike
Old 12-16-2009, 11:48 PM

03 CLK 500
Tell me about it- I go back and forth on modding my clk-
and on the other hand I am like what the he'll ist only 2000- I'll probably spend 2000 on something other then my car
Old 12-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Sold - CLK500
Originally Posted by riarm
Tell me about it- I go back and forth on modding my clk-
and on the other hand I am like what the he'll ist only 2000- I'll probably spend 2000 on something other then my car
I blame my buddy for letting me drive his 996TT...

I never knew the capabilities some cars have.. my clk really cant compare.. but all things considered.. mercedes makes great cars.. but i have come to the conclusion that they arent for me.. i hope to be in my 997CS in the next 6 months.

But like i said if you like your clk and intend to keep it for a while then get the headers...

Only thing that kinda sucks is that i just put navigation in my car which cost $2500 and my $2000 wheels which i cant sell now as i sold my oem wheels.

I guess when i trade my car in someone will be getting a pretty nice clk

Mike
Old 12-17-2009, 07:30 PM

GLE 450 2021, SLK 350 2013, Honda Civc Type R 2019, Suzuki GSXR 750 2014, Ducati Diavel 2018
Originally Posted by riarm
in some old threads I have heard some bad things about AMS - I don't know if the things that were said are true, but I would defInitely check them out before buying anything or ask for testimonies for those individuals that have bought some from AMS.
The products AMS looks appetizing, but i want to hear from individuals who used them.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 PM

'00 Mercedes 430/55 clk cabriolet
Originally Posted by supacrazykev
The products AMS looks appetizing, but i want to hear from individuals who used them.
Hi Riarms.

I drive a W208 CLK Cab.
I use AMS products aswell as Evosport underdrive pullies.
I posted a thread (question of power) back in the summer of this year.

I can tell you the headers and pulley WORK.
The pullies helped my car through-out the rev range and the headers helped especially in the mid to top end because I have Schrick cams.
The noise my exhaust makes now is pure EVIL!!

One thing I noticed was that my fuel economy went up too!
On average I now get an extra 30 miles to a tank. More depending on driving style. That was an added bonus as I wasn't expecting that.

I thought I would have close to 420hp with all my mods, but ended up with 385hp at the crank (301hp with a 22% loss at the wheels) when dynoed with a Dyno Dynamics dyno).

I have since taken off my 'X-pipe' (they don't work on our cars) as advised by MarcusF (a respected forum member here) and gained by my butt dyno another 10-15 hp. I am waiting for my custom cold air intake made by VIP320CLK (another respected forum member here) to arrive before I get another custom tune and re-dyno.

By my reconing I am at or hopefully just over 400hp. With all these mods you won't see much more than that without force feeding the engine. If your engine is 4 valves per cylinder you may get to 420hp. I was also told this by my tuner. By the way my torque has shot up to 426 crank (332tq with a 22% loss to the wheels).

Even though I didn't reach my goal of 420hp my car is still VERY fast. (whispered quietly) I've had 172mph out of it so far with another 500revs to go!

The engine mods I've done are:

55 N/A AMG engine conversion
Speedlimiter removed
Schrick cams
BMC air filter
AMS headers
AMS pulley
Evosport underdrive pullies
All cats removed
2.5in piping throughout from headers into 'Y-pipe' into straight pipe to twin pipe outlet on exhaust
Custom tuned ECU.

I've also had brake, suspension AND aero mods done.
My car handles really well.Turns in sharp, stops and sticks to the road good as long as I'm smooth with the power, other wise the tyres spin with too much throttle too soon!
My last mod to get is an LSD.

Hope that helps you in your decisions!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:22 AM

03 CLK 500
Originally Posted by Pauljay
Hi Riarms.

I drive a W208 CLK Cab.
I use AMS products aswell as Evosport underdrive pullies.
I posted a thread (question of power) back in the summer of this year.

I can tell you the headers and pulley WORK.
The pullies helped my car through-out the rev range and the headers helped especially in the mid to top end because I have Schrick cams.
The noise my exhaust makes now is pure EVIL!!

One thing I noticed was that my fuel economy went up too!
On average I now get an extra 30 miles to a tank. More depending on driving style. That was an added bonus as I wasn't expecting that.

I thought I would have close to 420hp with all my mods, but ended up with 385hp at the crank (301hp with a 22% loss at the wheels) when dynoed with a Dyno Dynamics dyno).

I have since taken off my 'X-pipe' (they don't work on our cars) as advised by MarcusF (a respected forum member here) and gained by my butt dyno another 10-15 hp. I am waiting for my custom cold air intake made by VIP320CLK (another respected forum member here) to arrive before I get another custom tune and re-dyno.

By my reconing I am at or hopefully just over 400hp. With all these mods you won't see much more than that without force feeding the engine. If your engine is 4 valves per cylinder you may get to 420hp. I was also told this by my tuner. By the way my torque has shot up to 426 crank (332tq with a 22% loss to the wheels).

Even though I didn't reach my goal of 420hp my car is still VERY fast. (whispered quietly) I've had 172mph out of it so far with another 500revs to go!

The engine mods I've done are:

55 N/A AMG engine conversion
Speedlimiter removed
Schrick cams
BMC air filter
AMS headers
AMS pulley
Evosport underdrive pullies
All cats removed
2.5in piping throughout from headers into 'Y-pipe' into straight pipe to twin pipe outlet on exhaust
Custom tuned ECU.

I've also had brake, suspension AND aero mods done.
My car handles really well.Turns in sharp, stops and sticks to the road good as long as I'm smooth with the power, other wise the tyres spin with too much throttle too soon!
My last mod to get is an LSD.

Hope that helps you in your decisions!
thank you for your input,

this information helps a lot-