CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

door lock question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
door lock question....

still finding differences between my C's and my CLK, and some, like the passenger seat not pivoting forward, may be malfunctions. I notice that when I park and exit the driver's door, the passenger door remains locked. This is not the case in my C sedan, nor was it in my C coupe. Often I need to get something off the passenger seat, and it's a pain in the butt to find that door locked. I believe that in the C, it's the very act of opening the driver's door that unlocks ALL the doors (they auto-locked while driving). Does the CLK NOT do that, or is mine screwed up? Putting together a punchlist before the warranty's up in April.
Old 02-17-2010 | 06:06 PM

Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by eddieo45
still finding differences between my C's and my CLK, and some, like the passenger seat not pivoting forward, may be malfunctions. I notice that when I park and exit the driver's door, the passenger door remains locked. This is not the case in my C sedan, nor was it in my C coupe. Often I need to get something off the passenger seat, and it's a pain in the butt to find that door locked. I believe that in the C, it's the very act of opening the driver's door that unlocks ALL the doors (they auto-locked while driving). Does the CLK NOT do that, or is mine screwed up? Putting together a punchlist before the warranty's up in April.
Hi mate.

There are 2 settings to the locking system.

1) you can set the key fob to open just the drivers door and petrol cap when you press the unlock button.

2) you can also set the key fob to unlock the entire car (doors, boot & petrol cap).

To change between the 2 settings, you need to press and hold both the "lock" button and "unlock" buttons for about 6 seconds.

It will cycle between the 2 settings each time you press and hold the buttons.

Consult your manual just to make sure that's how you do it.

I have mine set to "solo" mode, as I call it, and it's been a while since I set it.

When you have it set to Solo mode, press the unlock button once and it will open the drivers door and petrol cap. Press it again and it will unlock the rest of the car.

C-Class may well be different to CLK Class.

Also, when you pull away, the doors will automatically lock when you reach 5mph.
This is a safety feature to prevent someone opening your door and pinching your wallet/ phone etc when you are sitting at lights, for example.

There is also a lock/unlock button up on the dash by the hazard/ warning light button. You can use this to lock/unlock the doors at anytime.

Last edited by Rashman; 02-17-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2010 | 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Rashman
Hi mate.

There are 2 settings to the locking system.

1) you can set the key fob to open just the drivers door and petrol cap when you press the unlock button.

2) you can also set the key fob to unlock the entire car (doors, boot & petrol cap).

To change between the 2 settings, you need to press and hold both the "lock" button and "unlock" buttons for about 6 seconds.

It will cycle between the 2 settings each time you press and hold the buttons.

Consult your manual just to make sure that's how you do it.

I have mine set to "solo" mode, as I call it, and it's been a while since I set it.

When you have it set to Solo mode, press the unlock button once and it will open the drivers door and petrol cap. Press it again and it will unlock the rest of the car.
C-Class may well be different to CLK Class.

Thats what I have.

Andy
Old 02-18-2010 | 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Thats what I have.

Andy
Hell yeah.

That way, you can control who the hell gets in your car!

LOL
Old 02-23-2010 | 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks for the replies, but it can't be related to the key. Like you said, as I drive off, the doors auto-lock, for safety. When I stop and park and exit the driver's door, shouldn't the passenger door unlock as well? I find it sometimes does, sometimes doesn't (when it doesn't, I unlock with the key-remote: one push).
Old 02-23-2010 | 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by eddieo45
thanks for the replies, but it can't be related to the key. Like you said, as I drive off, the doors auto-lock, for safety. When I stop and park and exit the driver's door, shouldn't the passenger door unlock as well? I find it sometimes does, sometimes doesn't (when it doesn't, I unlock with the key-remote: one push).
No.

Just the drivers door will unlock and open when you get out.

If you had a passenger, then they would be able to open the door and get out just like you.

The passenger door would then stay unlocked.

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Rashman
No.

Just the drivers door will unlock and open when you get out.

If you had a passenger, then they would be able to open the door and get out just like you.

The passenger door would then stay unlocked.

thats how supposed to be.

Andy
Old 03-22-2010 | 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just took my car in to the dealer for some other things and asked them to look at the lock issue. they said the passenger door SHOULD unlock when I exit the drivers door, and it was only doing so intermittently. They first replaced the SAM Control Module, and it still acted up, so they replaced the EIS. Too bad I couldn't have gotten them to hook up an aux input while the had the console and radio out!