CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

One Stop Thread for Comand 2.0 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS 550 Launch Edition, 2004 CLK 500, 2004 Honda Civic
Here's the installation instructions...Much thanks to the author, Paul...

Angelo
Attached Files
Old 04-07-2011, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Originally Posted by Newjd2
Alright!!!...sorry been soooooo busy, but the Comand 2.0 is still up and working great...

I would go ahead and type ALL the instructions, but someone already did it on their C class and it is exactly the same on my 04 Audio 20 to Comand 2.0...

Mikata: read the attached pdf and whatever you don't understand I will 100% clarify. Just know you must be comfortable with electricals, but I'll be able to help you out...

Just PM me and I'll give you my number or my email for which ever one is easier for you...

Along with the Comand 2.0 retrofit I also vinyl wrapped my dash/ wood trim...

Here are some photos...aux is installed too, but I don't have photos of that...

Angelo
Thanks Angelo.
I will take my Comand to my indie shop since I'm not comfortable with electrics, but I'm not sure how good he's at electrics so I'll still maybe need to contact you.
I'll PM you when it's time, we can talk over skype or something.
Im doing the retro fit along with adding the amg package the 19th this month.

I have the audio 10, does this matter when retro fitting the comand?

How difficult was it to vinyl wrap the wood trim?
I'm sick of my wood trim I'm kinda an impatient guy so this might be too difficult for me?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 PM

You only have to deal with 3 wires (7 if you do the auxiliary too)...

How about you do this?....take off your wood dash trim, shifter, and cig cover and wrap that...but while you have it off unscrew your audio 10 unit and shoot me a photo of the back so I can see the wires and connectors...every wire on my audio 20 unit transferred over except for the C connector wire which then you have to pull the wires out of the connector and input it into two connectors that are on the wiring harness you purchased...

Then those plug into your comand unit...but shoot me a photo of the back so I can see all the connectors and wire colors...

Also, you have a left hand drive car right?...

Angelo
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
You only have to deal with 3 wires (7 if you do the auxiliary too)...

How about you do this?....take off your wood dash trim, shifter, and cig cover and wrap that...but while you have it off unscrew your audio 10 unit and shoot me a photo of the back so I can see the wires and connectors...every wire on my audio 20 unit transferred over except for the C connector wire which then you have to pull the wires out of the connector and input it into two connectors that are on the wiring harness you purchased...

Then those plug into your comand unit...but shoot me a photo of the back so I can see all the connectors and wire colors...

Also, you have a left hand drive car right?...

Angelo
I'll send you few photos of the back when I remove the Audio 10 so you can see the cables. I have a webcam on my laptop so if you want I can show you the cables lives and it will be easier for you to assist me.

How about the GPS, just plug it in the Comand(one cable) and hide it behind the comand, no extra wiring for the GPS?

Yes I'ts a left hand drive car.
Thanks Angelo!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:33 PM

Sounds good...then just email it to me or whatever is easier...

As for the GPS did you buy the grey cable with the flat antenna at the end?...

Also, when you read the PDF is there anything you don't understand or get?...

Angelo
Old 04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Sounds good...then just email it to me or whatever is easier...

As for the GPS did you buy the grey cable with the flat antenna at the end?...

Also, when you read the PDF is there anything you don't understand or get?...

Angelo
The PDF is straight forward so I get that but it's still little confusing. Here is a pic of my gps(taken from google). It's exactly the one I got. I don't have the splitter like the one in the PDF or any grey cable.
I got the gps(in the pic), Comand unit and the harness that I bought.
Am I missing any gps cables?
Attached Thumbnails One Stop Thread for Comand 2.0 Upgrade-zjot.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Hmmm...can you shoot me a photo of the back of your comand unit?...and also of the wires you have on the back of your audio 10...

Angelo
Old 04-07-2011, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
Hmmm...can you shoot me a photo of the back of your comand unit?...and also of the wires you have on the back of your audio 10...

Angelo
Will do tomorrow!
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2015, 02:29 AM

2003 CLK320
Is this still worth upgrading to? Outside of nav does it offer any additional functionality? I might be able to get a used one for like $60 but not sure if it is worth the trouble.

Aux possible? retrofitted bluetooth? Does it at least track names and artists off the CD and radio?
Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 BMW 550i
aux is possible, no bluetooth on comand 2.0 and yes track names of the CD, you get RDS if you buy a European comand 2.0 headunit. I did the retrofit for the aux and looks, most people on the forum will tell you its outdated and not worth it, but i like the stock look.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:40 PM

2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by DanielFD
aux is possible, no bluetooth on comand 2.0 and yes track names of the CD, you get RDS if you buy a European comand 2.0 headunit. I did the retrofit for the aux and looks, most people on the forum will tell you its outdated and not worth it, but i like the stock look.
is the aux just a proprietary cable that you add to the back of the unit and find a way to fish out to the front?

Ya, it does look outdated and I highly doubt the navigation is even worth using. Is installing the GPS antenna and any other additional cables to get he nav working difficult? Really just trying to figure out how much I value the time I'd put into this.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 BMW 550i
Originally Posted by TheNoble
is the aux just a proprietary cable that you add to the back of the unit and find a way to fish out to the front?

Ya, it does look outdated and I highly doubt the navigation is even worth using. Is installing the GPS antenna and any other additional cables to get he nav working difficult? Really just trying to figure out how much I value the time I'd put into this.
Its a cable available at the dealership, you basically to fish it out but not to the front, its OEM location is at the far right side of the govebox. GPS antenna and aux cables and any parts you will need are available at the dealership. I found these 2 links to be the most helpful when i retrofitted comand. Also it will help you to have STAR to reset the optical link between the sound system and CD changer and so on. take a look at these links. I found the retrofit to be really easy, and was totally worth it for me because i wanted aux and a screen in my car (looks much better then the old ugly audio unit).
The following users liked this post:
GatorMB (04-08-2019)