CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

First Dealership Appointment at MBZ Walnut Creek

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK-320 Convertible 2005
Wink First Dealership Appointment at MBZ Walnut Creek

Okay, folks, help me get out of this appointment without unnecessary charges!

My appointment was made for a no-charge software upgrade on the mbrace roadside safety security system.

My windshield wipers are streaking a lot. I read on one of the forums that there is a special tool MBZ uses to "adjust" wipers hopefully to correct this problem. Often done without charge. New wipers, they quoted at $47. $50 on eBay.

Also, I've discovered that the two previous owners didn't remove the protective film from the two oval chrome flaps covering the convertible hinges. I have tried removing this sundried plastic film, without great success. Some has been peeled off with fingernails, and the chrome has ridges/damage from this not being removed. I've asked MBZ what it would cost to replace the flaps. Suppose I should find the right cleaning agent and cloth or soft brush to work in removing more of it, and seeing if I can live with the not so shiny surface.

Anybody had these issues? What strategy to keep the costs down? The dashboard says I don't need Service A for another 12.5K miles. Does this sound right? Seems like a long time.

Thanks for all your help for this 66 year old California chick, who loves her new gold and cream leather sports convertible. Huzzah!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 CLK350 -SOLD! 2010 Cadillac SRX Premium Turbo
1. Unless your going to use the mbrace which is not a free service, skip that. They send me email after email to get in for the "free" update. Sign up with AAA.

2. I would go for the wipers. There's nothing better than a new set. Don't go cheap here or you will be replacing again before you know it.

3. On the Mylar coated hinges, I would get a "guy" friend to take a look and see if he could help with getting the stuff off. The right stuff might just get it off. Worth a try.

4. After either a service A or B they reset the service indicator. It starts at 13,000 and counts down. Which means you or someone had the car in for service less than 500 miles or so.

Good luck with everything and keep posting with any questions.

Everyone here is willing to help out.

Last edited by Mka77; 07-12-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 PM

CLK-320 Convertible 2005
Mbrace

They gave me three month trial. Thanks for the tips. I also got a $50 service coupon bit I don't think it applies to parts.

Mileage about 26.5 driving 65-70 25 miles hwy cruise control. In tow way too low!
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM

CLK 350
Do not go to the oakland Dealership, the parts manager is a total a hole. i asked him about a problem and he said "You gotta stop looking at those damn forums!" what a douche.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:33 AM

CLK 320
Walnut Creek has some good service specials on their website. Also, FWIW, I have had good experiences at RAB Motors in Marin. Also, I have called the parts department at MB of San Francisco (apparently the same ownership as Oakland MB) and the person I spoke with was kind of a jerk when I asked for a part number and some pricing. Thanks to this forum, I got the p/n anyway. :-)
Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
i used Mb of walnut creek for a while then i came to my senses lol....there prices are always higher....i use MB of Sac and have been pleased with there service...can't wait for MB of Fairfied to open its so close
Old 07-14-2011, 02:37 AM

CLK-320 Convertible 2005
Arrow

Originally Posted by Flame3g
i used Mb of walnut creek for a while then i came to my senses lol....there prices are always higher....i use MB of Sac and have been pleased with there service...can't wait for MB of Fairfied to open its so close
Hi Flame!

I love your puppy photos!! Darling. I have two huskies, a blond female and a silver puppy.

Is there going to be a MBZ Fairfield! I'd love that!!!