CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just tinkering around....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350 Bluetec
Just tinkering around....

Thanks for the thread on the arrow side mirrors, it really makes the car more aggressive looking.

The grill emblem is needing to be changed on this grill, it's pretty cheap, if i can't switch it out, this is coming off. It's the first gap free 1 fin grill but the star emblem is hideous in person.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes CLK 320 W209
The side mirrors look great but the single fin grille needs to go.. The 3 slat grille looks better!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:13 AM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Omg in love. Can I ask where abouts did you get that grill as I have the 1 fin grill but I can't stand the gap between the hood and top part of the grill..
Also were the side mirrors easy to install and where abouts did you get the hood from. The car looks perfect.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by N.Pirrone VSEXY
Omg in love. Can I ask where abouts did you get that grill as I have the 1 fin grill but I can't stand the gap between the hood and top part of the grill..
Also were the side mirrors easy to install and where abouts did you get the hood from. The car looks perfect.
It's the cheapest w209 grill on eBay., the grill material is good but the center star is terrible. I am going to retrofit the stock emblem assembly from a beater grill I had at home. If that doesn't work, than I'm going back to stock. As for the side mirrors, it's pretty easy, just a little nerve wrecking @ times. I've had to revise the installation, so after the first timis when you've done it once is super easy. Hood is a one-off, and a revision to the hood is currently being made.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM

04 W211 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by wonsuk_utmb
It's the cheapest w209 grill on eBay., the grill material is good but the center star is terrible. I am going to retrofit the stock emblem assembly from a beater grill I had at home. If that doesn't work, than I'm going back to stock. As for the side mirrors, it's pretty easy, just a little nerve wrecking @ times. I've had to revise the installation, so after the first timis when you've done it once is super easy. Hood is a one-off, and a revision to the hood is currently being made.
Do you have the user ID of the seller... I could maybe remove the star from my other 1 fin grill and put it on this one ... As for the side mirrors is it something you can fit your own or should I go take it to a merc workshop...only thing that's concerning me if there's any wiring and my mirrors are the folding mirrors so will it still work ok or is it just a cover that clips on.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by N.Pirrone VSEXY
Do you have the user ID of the seller... I could maybe remove the star from my other 1 fin grill and put it on this one ... As for the side mirrors is it something you can fit your own or should I go take it to a merc workshop...only thing that's concerning me if there's any wiring and my mirrors are the folding mirrors so will it still work ok or is it just a cover that clips on.
I did it myself, the side mirrors also come with led courtesy lights that I need to wire to the courtesy light in the door, that's a project for later. I told myself I wouldn't tinker with this car, but I can't help myself
Old 07-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
They look great! I'm waiting for the CF ones.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:55 AM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by dynomite05
They look great! I'm waiting for the CF ones.
Thanks, I thought about going the route of cf side mirrors but it's all about continuity of design for me. That means going the route of a cf grill and importantly dark wheels, exactly the design scheme that you have. Great jobs with keeping the overall flow of your car intact.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive the racism out of BadDebt. ;)
Thanks for the thread on the arrow side mirrors, it really makes the car more aggressive looking.

The grill emblem is needing to be changed on this grill, it's pretty cheap, if i can't switch it out, this is coming off. It's the first gap free 1 fin grill but the star emblem is hideous in person.

nice bonnet! Is that OEM?...never seen it before on a CLK.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Mirrors looks good!

Is that hood revision going to be available for sale?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:31 PM

2012 ML350 Bluetec
Eventually, I need to do a test fit after I get both my hood and the new cf hood. Than depending on interest, I'll become a sponsor.

Originally Posted by 2MCHCAR
Mirrors looks good!

Is that hood revision going to be available for sale?