CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anyone got aftermarket In-Dash Nav ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK350 Convertible
Anyone got aftermarket In-Dash Nav ???

Hi All,
I got a 2008 CLK350 conv this April for my Bday
I does not have MB navigation and when i spoke to MB folks they said it cannot be installed now. Hence, i thought of going for aftermarket nav (Apine???).
The problem is the shop i visited in my city said there is no In-Dash nav that is available for this model so i have to get a fiberoptic customized dash kit($400) and then new wiring($200) plus any In-Dash nav that i might choose.

My question is, has anyone of you down anything ilke this to your clk ?
How does it look ? If possible can u put some pics here.

Thanks in advance.
Soy
Old 10-23-2011, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 E550 Sedan
did u search ??
and yes the navigation can be installed but I'm gonna let someone who already have one installed come and help u !!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:08 PM

2008 CLK350 Convertible
i am afraid it might not look as great as my current head unit.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
aftermarket won't look like the original
but if you go with the OEM navigation it will look better
Old 10-23-2011, 04:23 PM

2008 CLK350 Convertible
When you say OEM do you mean Mercedes ? If so, they said they cannot install nav for my car. Its not possible.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
I'm pretty sure that you can
Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by Soy11
Hi All,
I got a 2008 CLK350 conv this April for my Bday
I does not have MB navigation and when i spoke to MB folks they said it cannot be installed now. Hence, i thought of going for aftermarket nav (Apine???).
The problem is the shop i visited in my city said there is no In-Dash nav that is available for this model so i have to get a fiberoptic customized dash kit($400) and then new wiring($200) plus any In-Dash nav that i might choose.

My question is, has anyone of you down anything ilke this to your clk ?
How does it look ? If possible can u put some pics here.

Thanks in advance.
Soy
you needs to search, there are many dozens of threads on this here. "MB folks they said it cannot be installed" they are idiots with no clue. Like the dealers we had to talk to when we were looking for the new E.

yes, you ca install, OEM, or after market no problems. "fiberoptic customized dash kit($400)" someone trys to rip you off... yes there are a bunch of setups depending on the model year etc. some need more changes then others. Just research a bit here.

start your read here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...tallation.html
Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
i say aftermarket. i love my pioneer avic, i feel like it does more than an oem system any day and still looks clean with a full touch screen.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bheng
i say aftermarket. i love my pioneer avic, i feel like it does more than an oem system any day and still looks clean with a full touch screen.
The problem I have with aftermarket system is well its aftermarket. It looks out of place, the look does not fit and bland with the cars interior.

Thats why the Dynavin units are so great. They look OEM and fit perfectly blending in to the rest of the interior design while costing far less and offering far more functionality then OEM units. The Dynavin I have in my CLK has MORE functionality then the fully loaded 2011 E class my wife drives

On top of that you get plug and play. Unless you are unlucky to have Bose in your car with its 2ohm amp and speakers and then it means more $ to replace these components as well. Although you will have opportunity to replace with superior components and even mid level components will be better then anything Bose builds anyway.

If your car does not have Bose then the upgrade is far easier and less expansive with Dynavin.

Also there are no issues with finding / custom making the frame around the aftermarket unit so it fits in the space.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:27 AM

2008 CLK350 Convertible
Originally Posted by dariusf
The problem I have with aftermarket system is well its aftermarket. It looks out of place, the look does not fit and bland with the cars interior.

Thats why the Dynavin units are so great. They look OEM and fit perfectly blending in to the rest of the interior design while costing far less and offering far more functionality then OEM units. The Dynavin I have in my CLK has MORE functionality then the fully loaded 2011 E class my wife drives

On top of that you get plug and play. Unless you are unlucky to have Bose in your car with its 2ohm amp and speakers and then it means more $ to replace these components as well. Although you will have opportunity to replace with superior components and even mid level components will be better then anything Bose builds anyway.

If your car does not have Bose then the upgrade is far easier and less expansive with Dynavin.

Also there are no issues with finding / custom making the frame around the aftermarket unit so it fits in the space.
Not that i dont believe you guys, i am just surprised the way the MB dealer and customer care said that my car radio was not build/wired for navigation hence you cannot have one(comand) now.
Stupids !!!

I live in Providence, Rhode Island (yeah yeah. i know). I just dont have any good car guys here who would install a In dash nav for less.

Does Dynavin come with a great warranty ???
Old 10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by dariusf

i was stuck with bose, so i figured id just overhaul everything. the dynavin looks pretty awesome and really oem.

still love my avic tho. funny thing is when i got it installed and got the bass bumping, it took some time before they even noticed the screen dash. ppl say it looks stock but they arent go ppl. go figure.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Soy11
Not that i dont believe you guys, i am just surprised the way the MB dealer and customer care said that my car radio was not build/wired for navigation hence you cannot have one(comand) now.
Stupids !!!

I live in Providence, Rhode Island (yeah yeah. i know). I just dont have any good car guys here who would install a In dash nav for less.

Does Dynavin come with a great warranty ???
don;t get me started on dealers, most have no clue what they are selling. When we looked at the C and E for the wife the few dealers we went to, most knew less then I did about the cars they were trying to sell us.

One of the large Chicago area dealers when we took the E for a test drive and commented how we hated the black lining and rugs and dashboard and how we wanted something lighter in color (my wife likes beige or light gray interiors) told us that this is the only way they make the new Es. Same was the deal with a couple other dealers. I knew that this was not true at least for none US market. then I learned that infect the Luxury version does indeed come with light colored lining, dashboard and carpet and is available in the US although most dealers do not stock it. Thats the version of E we custom ordered and the interior is all light grey color.

Go to a dealer and ask if you can change the 5" display on the C to the 7" (the pre 2012 that popped out) with full navigation
Old 10-28-2011, 06:54 PM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
I had a aftermarket Kenwood DNX9140 put in a couple years ago, and i got to say that this is the one of the best mods that i have done. I had it done in a shop in the oc and they made it fit perfectly, it looks like its original. They hooked up a rear camera for me to work with it too, the unit also came with blootooth, i can watch movies or videos from ipod while driving and it runs a garmin gps. They also put a harness that helped me keep all my steering wheel controls, so overall it was an awesome unit.