CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W209 headlight upgrade options for those with OEM Halogen; who's done what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 04:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 clk350
Replaced lights with these looks funny

Originally Posted by eddieo45
I know I missed out on a group buy not long ago, and I read that a little bit of "custom work" was required with that one, mounting a separate ballast etc. Since the same seller, fishcake 231, now advertises "plug and play," can I assume that that's no longer the case?

03-09 Mercedes Benz W209 CLK Class Chrome Quad Projector Xenon HID Headlight

Another option I've seen is this dual projector, which I'm told is SLR-like (I defer to you more detail oriented members):

W209 CLK 2003-2009 Chrome Dual Projector Headlight
That one says "Integrate with headlight auto leveling system" which I'm not sure of the meaning of (does it auto-level or not?)
There's already a thread about "halo lights," but most (including me) prefer a more OEM look:

03-09 Mercedes Benz W209 CLK-Class Halo LED Projector Head Lights Lamp
Of course, there's always OEM for just a little more than triple the price:

W209 03-06 Headlights Pair Xenon

What's the best solution for someone who wants a relatively OEM look (and function)? Are there other options I should consider?

I just had this kit. Plug n play headlites installed. I havent picked up car yet just had them send this pic.do these lookight? Doesnt seem like fit around lites is snug? Any comments?