CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Code P 2064 and 2068

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
Code P 2064 and 2068

Anyone can point me in the right direction?
Only symtoms are backfiring and low idle, causes slightly vibrations.
RPM round 600 dish...

If we point the troublemaker right, please show me where it is located so I can see if I can do it myself or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Happy St. Patricksday !

Cheers

Alen

Last edited by RASTATT; 03-17-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Had to write a little detailed :-)
Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
You regrettably have two codes that can have multiple meanings.

1) Excess air pump for emissions playing up which might lead to your symptoms but only really during warm up.

2) The typical turbine speed sensor code from the transmission that usually means a new conductor plate at minimum.

Are you sure you don't have any other codes stored?
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 AM

CLK 550
No only these two...the car I bought, stood a year and a half at the dealers lot...
Number one and two...how much of a hassle is this, can I do it by myself? How much would these parts cost me? Im located in germany, Stuttgart area.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

You really need to have this diagnosed properly. If it's the transmission it can get expensive fast due to labour. The conductor plate is $190 but the labour is $1200. If it needs a new valve body we are talking a lot more. This is not an easy DIY but possible.

I would get the car onto a Star for diagnosis before spending any money. This shows the limitations of a simple OBDII scanner. Benz has a whole lot of Benz specific codes in the P02000 range that a Star does a far better job of decoding.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:47 AM

CLK 550
1200 $ depends were you go to get it done :-) since my car is full covered by a guarantee its not that of a shocking thing. I also know a mech, who was also helping me doing things on my stangs....were talking about 150 euros for changing shocks and struts, rear and front controlarms and new front brakes...I know mercedes would make you a poor man for this labour but in this case it dont matter, I will bring the car to mercedes, anyway.

What I want to know is how does the tranny module got something to do with the neutral Rpms? Because only when clutch is disengaged the Rpms drop to 600 ish. The engine- tranny work, itself is doing a great job on all kind of DD situations, wether it be cruizing C mode or S mode, if only just the vibes wouldnt be present.
Like I said car stood for a long time at the dealers lot, when I brang it home the very first day and shut the motor off, I heard a bluuub, bluuub sound coming from the underside of the rear towards the tranny. I asume its the fuel that is doing something...and might be blocked (fuelfilter ). Now a week later the loud sounds turned into a much quieter ticking, wich I know its not comparable to the exhyust ticking, the backfiring got also better! What would you say could these low RPMs harm anything serious. I have to wait a week or so until the guarantee arrives via postal service, till then I would like to take the car as a daily...should I?
Whats the worst case on this?

Thanks in advance for your help man, appreciate it!
-Alen

Last edited by RASTATT; 03-18-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: My I phone virtual buttons playin tricks on me :-)
Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

OK Alen - Thanks for letting me know. If you have a guarantee continue driving the car & see what happens. You are not going to do damage. The car would go into limp mode if you were.

Get some kilometres on the car - maybe try & do some extra Km's & then use the guarantee to get things fixed. Standing for a long time can cause all sorts of minor problems that can correct themselves with use.

Let me show you some of the conflicts with codes in the P02000 range with Benz. This is why you need a Star.

P2064 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0748)
P2064 fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller).(P0748)
P2065 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0702)
P2065 fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller).(P0702)
P2066 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0715)
P2066 fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller).(P0715)
P2067 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0705)
P2067 fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller).(P0705)
P2068 Component N15/3 (ETC control module) memory is fault.(P0720)
P2068 fault stored in component N15/3 (EGS controller).(P0720)

P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0716 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
P0717 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P0718 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Intermittent
P0719 Torque Converter/Brake Switch B Circuit Low
P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction
P0746 Pressure Control Solenoid Performance or Stuck Off
P0747 Pressure Control Solenoid Stuck On
P0748 Pressure Control Solenoid Electrical
P0749 Pressure Control Solenoid Intermittent
P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction

P2059 Reductant Injection Air Pump Control Circuit/Open
P2060 Reductant Injection Air Pump Control Circuit Low
P2061 Reductant Injection Air Pump Control Circuit High
P2062 Reductant Supply Control Circuit/Open
P2063 Reductant Supply Control Circuit Low
P2064 Reductant Supply Control Circuit High
P2065 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit
P2066 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Performance
P2067 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit Low
P2068 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit High
P2069 Fuel Level Sensor "B" Circuit Intermittent

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 PM

CLK 550
:-)

Thank you!
For sure Im gonna drive some kms on that baby, I just feel much comfortabler hearing it from you. Sure will take a look at the star!
Had a discussion with my wife were I refered about the issues with my car, right in that second my iphone ringed( threadresponse message ).
Now Im happy and will search the living hell out of this forum for anything mod related!
Wooooohoooooo quads baby!!!!!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Remember that the CLK is based on a heavily modified W203 C Class chassis. From a mechanical perspective you will find a lot of help on the W203 forum due to the high number of members there. CLK owners can learn from a number of forums here including the W211 E Class as well.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 PM

CLK 550
I will for sure!
Thanx a bunch! Gotta have to dig deeper into the subject. I want to learn so much more about this car. Im so courious.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:02 AM

CLK 550
Okay here Iam, back from the dealer and 1200 euros digged into the car. ( covered by guarantee ) A pump failed...its the black round one, directly positioned at the front. The mech tried to explain that the pump is there, to keep a certain airpressure into the system, so the engine woudnt run to lean, wich was the cause for having vibrations on my lill carrito...funny thing....still have them. MB in Baden-Baden seems to not have a clue whats the freakin prob. The mech, the shop supervisor, said mechanically the car is in great shape, slight vibrations are there and they do not know where it comes from. Okay looks like Alen got to put on his ol DIYself gloves and hceck everything by himself. Well I need definately help.

Things that make me suspicious that something isnt okay with the CLK are:

1.) In the morning when I crank the car, the comp pops up and says low coolant, eventhough everything is allright.

2.) Sitting in stoplight, you feel light vibrations....but the frequence of it FEELS like missfire.

3.) After a short drive, leaving the car in garage, you here pop sounds underneath the rearseats...POP....POP...and like some fluid is changing its position as if it has a hard time to get through...like water is trying pour through a tight bottle neck...blubb, blubb ....strange huh? Fuelfilter? Something wrong with the tank? Dirt?

4.) Looking underneath the car...I see a tremendous heatextraction under the area where the cats are...I know cats get hot but for me it really looks as if they overheat, eventhough the computer is not getting it and does not show any reaction...except the low coolant thing...

anyone got a clue whats wrong with it?
I definately want to keep this car, because this thing is a piece of art, be it suspension, tranny or engine-wise....WOW! Its like having a german 03/04 sc cobra, my dream car :-)

Happy easter brother and sisters!

Last edited by RASTATT; 04-08-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Originally Posted by RASTATT
1.) In the morning when I crank the car, the comp pops up and says low coolant, eventhough everything is allright.
Does your windshield washer work? The coolant level sensor and the windshield washer fluid sensor and pump are wired in series, so if you disconnect one, they will all be unable to operate. If not, then this may just be a defective coolant level sensor and likely has nothing to do with the other problems.

2.) Sitting in stoplight, you feel light vibrations....but the frequence of it FEELS like missfire.

3.) After a short drive, leaving the car in garage, you here pop sounds underneath the rearseats...POP....POP...and like some fluid is changing its position as if it has a hard time to get through...like water is trying pour through a tight bottle neck...blubb, blubb ....strange huh? Fuelfilter? Something wrong with the tank? Dirt?
If it sounds like metal pinging, you could have a problem with the cats. If they are failing, the platinum catalyst material can come apart and start bouncing down the tailpipe, and then it can clog the resonators and muffler. The fluid sounds could be a problem with the fuel pump. And a weak fuel pump on the 5.5l V8 can starve it of fuel and cause problems.

4.) Looking underneath the car...I see a tremendous heatextraction under the area where the cats are...I know cats get hot but for me it really looks as if they overheat, eventhough the computer is not getting it and does not show any reaction...except the low coolant thing...
Again, I wonder if you have bad cats? How many miles are on the car? They should be good for well over 100K miles, but I have heard of some failing around 80K--90K miles. It's possible that they can fail earlier, but that's very unusual. Now, operating the engine for many, many miles with a problem causing too lean or too rich of a mixture can damage the cats.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:38 PM

CLK 550
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Does your windshield washer work? The coolant level sensor and the windshield washer fluid sensor and pump are wired in series, so if you disconnect one, they will all be unable to operate. If not, then this may just be a defective coolant level sensor and likely has nothing to do with the other problems.

If it sounds like metal pinging, you could have a problem with the cats. If they are failing, the platinum catalyst material can come apart and start bouncing down the tailpipe, and then it can clog the resonators and muffler. The fluid sounds could be a problem with the fuel pump. And a weak fuel pump on the 5.5l V8 can starve it of fuel and cause problems.

Again, I wonder if you have bad cats? How many miles are on the car? They should be good for well over 100K miles, but I have heard of some failing around 80K--90K miles. It's possible that they can fail earlier, but that's very unusual. Now, operating the engine for many, many miles with a problem causing too lean or too rich of a mixture can damage the cats.
Didnt had a situation to test out the windshield washers...I mean to spray my windshield.

A failing fuelpump sound very reasonable to me....
missfire and all the other described strange sounds.
Why in the world the Benz dealer didnt said it coud be just the fuel pump?
I think Rodney you are on the right track with this!

As for the cats:
It was just suspicious to me to see so much heat actually coming from under the car, I mean I am used to huge heatextractions thinking about my old 07 Mustang GT but the CLK is not a GT thats why I am concerned....and I didnt have aftermarket headers, cats or a tune
The metal pinging does definately not occure on the CLK, it just vibrates, spits once in a while the low coolant message and well see if the ECU light will come on again. As for now 1 week of non-ECU light :-)...I want my quad exhaust so bad but need to figure out if this is not a ticking bomb, wich more likely for me isnt, otherwise the dealer who sold me that thing is responsible for anything repair related be it motor or tranny wise.
Thanks for the fast reply!

Last edited by RASTATT; 04-08-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Are you sure that the dealer does not mean the emissions Excess Air Pump?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:41 AM

CLK 550
I never said it wasnt the Emissions Air Pump, because thats excactly what they swapped out but Madam CLK still shaking, maybe the clk has several issues and one of them is eliminated, nxt fuelfilter, then pump, then exhaust...cant give her away and say goodbye. Looks like A little TLC is needed here ;-) serious I want to have it as a DD and would highly appreciate to get some help fron you guys. Its crazy the diagnose From far really worked, now lets get rid of this issues. Man I love this car, just need to get it healthy:-)

Last edited by RASTATT; 04-09-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 AM

CLK 550
Originally Posted by RASTATT
I never said it wasnt the Emissions Air Pump, because thats excactly what they swapped out but Madam CLK still shaking, maybe the clk has several issues and one of them is eliminated, nxt fuelfilter, then pump, then exhaust...cant give her away and say goodbye. Looks like A little TLC is needed here ;-) serious I want to have it as a DD and would highly appreciate to get some help fron you guys. Its crazy the diagnose From far really worked, now lets get rid of this issues. Man I love this car, just need to get it healthy:-)
Allright Ive just finished the video to put those pop sounds better into perspective, anyones down to shoot me his email adress and post the vid for me? Its not working when Im trying to post it, so I need a lill support on that one, too.

Last edited by RASTATT; 04-09-2012 at 07:16 AM.