CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

top vents issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
top vents issue

Hi

I recently did some extra work on my Dynavin head unit, replacing the two USB cables so I had to remove the center trim and disconnect the climate control and top buttons. I also disconnected the battery while doing it. Today it was very hot after the car sat at the train station so I turned on the AC. For some reason there is no air flow from the 4 top vents that face the driver and passenger. It will only blow the feet vents and nothing else. Tried everything I could think of and could not get them to open up.

I think I read in the past that the flaps that control the air flow can get 'stock' while disconnecting the battery. Maybe its just me remembering wrong. Maybe I did not connect the climate controls correctly? The big plug should be ok as it has the lock on it but the little plug on the other side of the climate control can go in to two identical sockets. Only one is used. I think I plugged it in to the correct one but maybe not. I do not want to take everything appart to try the other plug sucket if this is some issue with the battery being desconected for a longer time. The windows did get unsynchronized and I had to re-sync them after connecting back the battery.

Thanks
Darius
Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
You can try a resynch.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...tic+easter+egg
Old 05-15-2012, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks tried it earlier and the blinking does not stop. So its one or more of the stepper motors not synching. Or I got the small cable in the wrong socket. There are two identical sockets right next to one another. When I pulled the plug out I did not know there were two sockets so did not pay attention until I removed the trim with the parts attached and flipped it over. By that time it was too late to check which socket the plug was in The unit turns on and all so when I tested while putting it back together I thought it was the correct socket. I hope that this is it
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok, I was pressing the wrong defrost button It should be the one on the left not the rear on the right. So hold 13 and 14 together.... Will try after work when I get off he train. Hope thats it.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok that did not work or I'm not doing it right. Is the car supposed to be on, engine running or just the first or second position in the ignition? When I have the engine running, pressing the two turns on the front defrost blasting and maybe thats interfering with the reset?