CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Opinions on Silver/Ash combo...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on Silver/Ash combo...

I just test drove a silver/charcoal and Im pretty much hooked on the classic silver but I thought the black made the interior look smaller than the light. I havent seen an ash interior yet so I was wondering if you have any opinions. (Yes, I know its a matter of taste...just looking for feedback)

Im thinking also instead of ash colored mats using black ones instead to break up the ash color and moreso so they dont look as dirty...anyone else do this? I have that in my X5.

Opinions and pics are welcome. Thanks everyone.

By the way I put a bid in on a 2003 500, sunroof, wood steering wheel, heated seats.....they accepted at 54.2K. I thought that was quite good.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
Ash top on brilliant silverpaint/ash interior cabriolet

Haven't seen the ash on the CLK yet either, but know it goes well with the E Class in brilliant silver. On the E the mats for ash are actually a darker color so you don't have to go with black. If you are thinking about the CLK Cabriolet I see that the new brochure for 2004 allows for an ash colored top to ordered if you get the ash interior. An ash colored top on a brilliant silver CLK Cabriolet would look really sharp as I imagine it. Anyone agree or disagree? Do note that the ash top is "delayed availablity" though, whatever that means. To get a blue top with brilliant silver one has to order the Pacific Blue interior. Any thoughts on that combination? (You can see I really do not like the black top which in my opinion is less attractive than the blue or ash tops for brilliant silver.)