CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

eBay Makes Such Powerful Modifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
eBay Makes Such Powerful Modifications

I swear I can't make this up. So I was cruising along on my usual Sunday morning drive in my 1971 classic. It makes 35 mph when there is a 25 mph tailwind. 0 to 60 takes.. Never mind (actually its 8.7 seconds, which isn't too shabby for a 41 year old convertible).

So I spot this younger guy of the same ethnicity in a CLK hardtop coming up my rear, with a smokey in an unmarked Crown Victoria tailing him covertly. Anyway, he came up behind me impatiently wanting to pass. So I waited for a two lane section to let him pass.

His vehicle said "CLK 600 V12 turbo" on the trunk, complete with the obligatory ""AMG" and "V12" on the sides. Wow. I'm so ignorant because I didn't even know MB makes V12 CLKs. The "turbo" (single one, as opposed to the weak CL65 duals) is definitely made from a venture with Porsche because it comes from a 997!! No wonder the smokey was tailing him in awe of his 1000 hp contraption. The single tailpipe would put a rice rocket Civic to shame. Should have stuck on a "Type R" on the trunk too. The tail lights suggest a 2003 or 2004 model car.

Anyway, I was cracking up uncontrollably unable to steer straight and was trying to lift my iPhone to snap photos, but then smokey was now on my tail. Plus I was guilty of Driving While Asian, Driving While Top Down, Driving While Listening to Questionable Music, Driving While Wearing Sunglasses (only cops are allowed to do that). Driving While Under Influence of Coffee. Most of all, Driving While Asian in Non-Asian Vehicle - must call Homeland Security about that.

Last edited by iyeoh; 09-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,003 Likes on 871 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Oh, he probably had the mods to backup that badging - I'll be he had those fuel ionization magnets, a Vornado and an electric supercharger under the hood! The one that kills me is a young girl that I see every so often in a W203 C-class and her badge is "CLK230". I guess she thinks the extra letters make it sportier.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:08 PM

CLK550
I hate seeing stuff like this. Especially how that car doesn't exist.

Originally Posted by Rudeney
The one that kills me is a young girl that I see every so often in a W203 C-class and her badge is "CLK230". I guess she thinks the extra letters make it sportier.
A buddy of mine was rear ended in his W203 C-class and the shop he took his car to get repaired put the same thing on the back of his car as this. Maybe she just does not care or know the difference. Fortunately my buddy got them changed back.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM

2009 CLK 550 AMG Cabriolet
"Driving While Asian in Non-Asian Vehicle - must call Homeland Security about that."
Hysterical! ..... Of course, if you were doing it right, you are supposed to be in the left lane going ten mph under the speed limit with your turn signal on.