CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Common Parts Between The AMG Bumpers and The Standard Bumpers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Common Parts Between The AMG Bumpers and The Standard Bumpers

Hi guys, i am back with a terrible thread

İ always like the clk with amg bumpers and side skirts. İ have been searching around to find a good deal to buy the pack since dealer price is sooo expensive.

İ found one few days ago and i called the guy so ask what is included and what is missing. They guy told me that they bought the pack abroad but sold the car before they install it. Weirdly, there are no parts except for front and rear bumper.

The price is really cheap when you consider the dealer price - but in order to complete all other stuff like brackets and fog lights etc... i have to pay more than the price for this pack it might worth it maybe not.

What i want to ask is which parts are common or are there any common pieces that i can use on amg bumpers from my standard bumper? İ might order some of them from usa since the prices are good and its not going to be a big pack to deliver it to turkey

İ put the link below. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasit...6315211/detay/
Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 PM

W209
My poor thread...

Old 12-11-2012, 11:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Sorry, I guess no one knows! I took a quick look through EPC and all the part numbers are different. That may mean that they don't fit. I once looked at putting a "sport" bumper on our C240 (after a wreck where it needed a new bumper). The best deal I found was a complete aftermarket unit with everything but the fog lights and extra brackets, but the cost of just those few parts was so high, I just stuck with the standard bumper (this is the kid's car after all, so it's sort of "expendable").
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Euro Cars Only
Hold on the link says 2001 clk.
The rear bumper doesnt look like it will fit a W209 and I cannot tell if the front is of a 55 AMG W209.

Something is iffy about the parts in the link you posted
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM

W209
Rudeney you are such a gentleman. Always around to help, thanks alot again.

Elijah - The ad says it will fit the models after MY2001...

İ called the guy again to tell what my confusion was. He told that except the fog lights everything goona fit the amg bumper from my bumpers. Not satisfying at all. All four costs only 550 dollars but still its going to be a waste if it doesnt fit. İ am far from istanbul grrrrrrrrrrrr cant go and check it!

Typical turkish seller btw - till they sell their stuff its amazing, cool , best quality and compatible
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 PM

CLK55 AMG
just make up some mesh yourself, its easy, and use LED's or something... there are always cheap foglamps and oem mesh parts on ebay.de. look there too.. the kit looks good, fitment is always going to be an issue if not OEM. Could be good, but also could be VERY bad... Keep in mind on these bumpers the fogs dont screw in the bumper, but a plastic bit that sits behind the bumper. I would take the guess, and customize the fogs/mesh... if it doesn't fit, sell it
Old 12-15-2012, 07:54 PM

W209
Originally Posted by NardoNZ
just make up some mesh yourself, its easy, and use LED's or something... there are always cheap foglamps and oem mesh parts on ebay.de. look there too.. the kit looks good, fitment is always going to be an issue if not OEM. Could be good, but also could be VERY bad... Keep in mind on these bumpers the fogs dont screw in the bumper, but a plastic bit that sits behind the bumper. I would take the guess, and customize the fogs/mesh... if it doesn't fit, sell it
Ahh mate.. I am really confused. If I buy it and doesnt fit, it would be really hard to sell it even impossible in my country I think I can find something for the fogs but except that I have to buy everything from MB dealer. Worst nightmare would be the fitment.

Your car looks so nice with AMG I want it too!