CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Problem with steering controls and aftermarket headunit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320 W209 2002
Problem with steering controls and aftermarket headunit

Hey guys, new to the forum after getting my first mercedes a 2002 clk w209 yesterday. I have an interesting problem i cant find a solution to.

The car was originally very highly speced, the only option it dosnt have is distronic. Before i bought the car the cd based comand unit went wrong. The previous owner decided after mercedes told him replacement cost to change this for an aftermarket pioneer f940bt unit. I have no problem with this as imo its a much better unit with dvd and more modern sat nav. It does mean the nokia phone, cd changer and linguatronic system are now defunct, but none of this bothers me and i plan to just leave them in place in case the next owner prefers a more factory look and wants to replace with another comand unit.

So problem time. Firstly because the car thinks i have comand. I cant set the clock and no doubt some other things in the dash as a non comand car would. I believe the solution here is to find someone with star and get them to set it as no comand?

Secondly and more annoying. I can navigate through the display in the speedo using the menu buttons. However when i use the up down arrows to navigate sub menus it skips the track in cd/ipod mode or tunes the radio in fm at the same time as navigating the menu.

Incredibly annoying as everyrime i check the temperature it messes with my music. Has anyone got a solution to this that dosnt involve disconnecting the stalk adaptor as i would like to keep volume up and down on the wheel.

Thanks colin