CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK550 pushes 478 HP ( at pumpgas )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Originally Posted by vsix
The reason why I came to the conclusion that you are not older then 18, at least your mindset, is the way how you to talk to me?
First among many incorrect conclusions young man...

You have megacrazy as your username?
No that is not my user name...apparently your attention span isn't that great.

You speak about **** insertions in a carforum?
Another bizarre conclusion on your part..
Talking about the same "butt-o-meter" that you first brought up...
It is of course a delicate instrument that shouldn't be abused.

Listen kid, lad, youngster Im still older then you and your affiliation to analsex is your thing and shouldnt be used in a carforum.
Let me refer to you as "little boy" based on your prepubescent video and claims that you fail to back up.
I am old enough to not only be your father, but your grandfather.
I owned and drove 500HP+ vehicles in competitive motorsports long before the best part of you ran down your father's leg.
Consider me juvenile if you wish, but I tend to communicate on the level that you are on.

To all normal members, like I mentioned the dyno will be done in about two month and since you guys really trying to help me ( not that I got screwed) Im also more then interested to actually see the newest numbers.
Why wait two months for a dyno..????
Trying to raise 70 euros for three pulls????

I have a dynosheet allready but thats without the "claimed" internal work.
I mean the whole upper part had been swapped, my motor looks different now as it looked before.
Attain a bit of credibility by posting your base line dyno...
Not sure why cam and head work would make your motor look different.
The performance mods are internal and do not change the external configuration of the motor.

You cant just swap the upper part of a motor out, right?
Thats exactly how I see it, they truly swapped the cams, headwork had been done and I think bigger pistons had been dropped in.
Kleeman shorties are also in there, you know guys Im not claiming Im driving a turbo R with and rock a vsix.
The "upper part" of the motor are the heads...the "lower part" would be the crank, rods, pistons.

You "think" bigger pistons were dropped in...
Did you get an invoice for the work that detailed every mod that was done???
You're beginning to sound a bit foolish not knowing what you paid for...or did your daddy pay for it????

I do have/ had a 550 but what actually it is now, will hopefully a enginebay pic clarify, cool?

:-)
Let's start by posting your base dyno pull along with an engine bay pic...
You just don't appear out of the ether, make bizarre claims without any knowledge of what was done to your motor without being questioned...

Last edited by RBYCC; 05-21-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
Originally Posted by RBYCC
First among many incorrect conclusions young man...

No that is not my user name...apparently your attention span isn't that great.

Another bizarre conclusion on your part..
Talking about the same "butt-o-meter" that you first brought up...
It is of course a delicate instrument that shouldn't be abused.

Let me refer to you as "little boy" based on your prepubescent video and claims that you fail to back up.
I am old enough to not only be your father, but your grandfather.
I owned and drove 500HP+ vehicles in competitive motorsports long before the best part of you ran down your father's leg.
Consider me juvenile if you wish, but I tend to communicate on the level that you are on.

Why wait two months for a dyno..????
Trying to raise 70 euros for three pulls????

Attain a bit of credibility by posting your base line dyno...
Not sure why cam and head work would make your motor look different.
The performance mods are internal and do not change the external configuration of the motor.

The "upper part" of the motor are the heads...the "lower part" would be the crank, rods, pistons.

You "think" bigger pistons were dropped in...
Did you get an invoice for the work that detailed every mod that was done???
You're beginning to sound a bit foolish not knowing what you paid for...or did your daddy pay for it????

Let's start by posting your base dyno pull along with an engine bay pic...
You just don't appear out of the ether, make bizarre claims without any knowledge of what was done to your motor without being questioned...
You are right my concentration is lacking thats just because of a loud running TV in different languages and thats also the case why I mixed up the usernames
( I like to stay informed )

Anyhow I cant read everything you said on and on as it is partially ( dont take it to hard )
waste of time, I really got much better to do then loosing my biological resource, wich is previously mentioned, called time...and time...is money! When were at because of my tight scedule Im only able to get the dyno done in about 2 month.

70 Euros for a dyno?
Whats that for a dyno?
Not to offend you man but I pay 500 Euros only for gas, a dyno, a proper dyno runs 700 Euros, with final adjusting and calibration. Money is NOT the reason.

Therefore nope my daddy didnt bought my cars. He got his own buisenesses wich got nothing to do with mine. Please dont ask to personal questions anymore.
You should understand that some public comments can be delecate regarding safety. Thank you for your understanding.

The age-rage was ment for our young happy fellow megacrazy, so I guess no need for further explanations as long as I correctly can categorize you in the league of higher educated people.

Race experience?
Good!
-no comment-

Enginebay:
Is different then before...looks like a 6.3 to me...when I find time Ill post a pic of my enginebay.
No prob.

Please keep this thread clean as it feels and sounds to me almost like cursing, I cant stand cursing, cursing is the lack of social competence and pretends stupidity, thank you!

- cant attach pictures, whats wrong with this thread?-

Last edited by vsix; 05-21-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Tried to attach pictures
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 192 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Vsix... You talk too much and hope we forget you haven't posted a dyno sheet or any other evidence of your 500hp. Go tend to your busy schedule till you have said evidence.

Also for somebody on a car forum you lack he most basic knowledge about cars. I suggest you do some reading... You know... To stay informed.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh....
Exactly what I've been thinking as I watched you video and read your posts.

A little advice in case you haven't already noticed - this is not the crowd to make claims to without a shred of backup, there are a few cars on here that actually make big power and more importantly, guys that know their stuff. You clearly don't. The descriptions in your video are reminiscent of the dialog in the first Fast & Furious, I'm quite sure the screen writers had never even seen a car before when they wrote that script.

You aren't the first, you sure as hell won't be the last to pose around here but take some advise I hand out to all the guys like you who blow in and out, the less you say the smarter you sound.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

88-300CE TWIN TURBO, 99-C43, 05-G55K, 71-280SL, 94-E320 CAB, 08 CLK63 BLACK SERIES
Kid got a real problem...now he thinks a M156 was slipped under his hood without anyone informing him

And in his best mature hip-hop dialect....

"Im offering for trade my CLK550 AMG/ currently 478 HP at the rearwheels on normal pumpgas...give her racegas and youll hit da atmoshere..A few things have been done to it, to increase the long lastivity and achieve safe HP output."

Even the Ford guys laughed at his video....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...eo-inside.html

Taken to task on a German AMG forum last year:

"Well, I'll try it again: This community is written on AMG models! You've started your first visit with the attempt to exchange a product for a foreign AMG and this has clearly not led to the goal (?). Or if I am misinformed. To what extent and in what way you aufhübscht your undoubtedly beautiful cars is certainly less interesting for the readers of this forum."

And told politely to ****-off when he talked about his ML500:

"Hi Alen, I have also discovered the benefits of the 500ers, but unfortunately they are not often represented. Maybe you simply ask for or look directly at Mercedes ML in a forum, you will be safe be better for this case. Can times want to convert an AMG, you will be helped here safely. Greetings Camillo"

Last edited by RBYCC; 05-22-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 AM

CLS550
I see that Mercedes-Benz has gone downmarket.

Dat not be no fiddy-five AMG yo. Dat be yo hos SeeElKay three fiiddy pimped up wit dat stock 17 wheels yo. Dat steering wheel paddles no be workin' and dat pipes no be blowin' no exhaust yo.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by iyeoh
I see that Mercedes-Benz has gone downmarket.

Dat not be no fiddy-five AMG yo. Dat be yo hos SeeElKay three fiiddy pimped up wit dat stock 17 wheels yo. Dat steering wheel paddles no be workin' and dat pipes no be blowin' no exhaust yo.

Yo..Yo...Yo....

I'll be sixty five in October....not sure what has happened to the world...
Beginning to sound like my Father

Peace out my brutha as he pounds his chest twice in a Sammy Sosa gesture
Old 05-22-2013, 12:07 PM

JBs C63 PP( wifes car ), Mc Laren Pxx(toy), 2013 Mustang GT 5.0 ( DD ), ML 6.3 ( winter DD )...
lol

At least you guys had been entertained, wich was the whole idea behind all this :-)

I thought to mix you up a little ( in a good way ) as to much thinking about cars is just B.S. There are much nicer things to think about, right ?

Kids, woman....Alen? lol

Yes! Its just a clk550 and yall been punked! Its still on its baseline with them sixxer rims on it.

Why didnt you just waited, I was arranging to get an enginebay picture of a modded Clk blackseries.

That would have been a blast!
Anyhow, the story or idea behind all this was just to get you guys a little off from this addiction, modbugs and what not. Therefore Im putting myself in the
Line, even for strangers :-)

Hope you guys had a fun time at the end of the day, I do not wanted to offend anyone.

I dont think you guys wanted that either ;-)

No kidding, today I got an phonecall...a C63 MIGHT come in a few month, keep your fingers crossed, friends....and dont take modding to serious.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ best regards

Alen
Old 05-22-2013, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Hah I was waiting for a modded engine bay pic that wasn't yours. If you ask me the video was for real but hey let's assume you were joking for now . We should all enjoy what we have and not try to pass it for something that it is not. Too bad the entertainment is over haha.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
09 CLK550
BURN HIMMMMMM!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by megacrazy
Hah I was waiting for a modded engine bay pic that wasn't yours. If you ask me the video was for real but hey let's assume you were joking for now . We should all enjoy what we have and not try to pass it for something that it is not. Too bad the entertainment is over haha.
Ha,ha it was to obvious that something was wrong but for the important message and fun it brang ( at least to you guys lol ) it was worth it.

Im not a poser, I just never had an AMG and if a freaking badge makes me feel better, then let me doing it, lifes short, you know?

Thank you for your understanding and yes you said it right, we just should be happy with what we got and enjoy it, I know still the thing with the badges...I could have kept it secret and not reveal Im having a CLK 55 trunkemblem, well like I mentioned earlier:

Im ready to put the flamesuit on , as it anyhow was a serious message behind all that, wich was my only intension :-)

I bet the engine would have went down south in a heartbeat, trying to squeese nearly 500 HP out of it lol
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Im ready to put the flamesuit on , as it anyhow was a serious message behind all that, wich was my only intension :-)
There can be no "serious message", no matter how you try to explain it, in making a fool out of yourself....

Individuals as you have a "serious' mental problem.
Mixed with much too much time on your hands and the result is perhaps in your mind as being clever.
In reality it shows your lack of maturity, as your attempt at a ruse on this and the SVT forum, immediately without question or doubt, showed you as what you truly are....a lonely, insecure, low self esteem under achiever who wants to be recognized and accepted.
I pity you....!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 AM

There can be no "serious message", no matter how you try to explain it, in making a fool out of yourself....

Mixed with much too much time on your hands and the result is perhaps in your mind as being clever.
In reality it shows your lack of maturity, as your attempt at a ruse on this and the SVT forum, immediately without question or doubt, showed you as what you truly are....a lonely, insecure, low self esteem under achiever who wants to be recognized and accepted.
I pity you....!

-ouch-

Old 05-23-2013, 08:02 AM

CLS550
Let me start with some of the more obvious no-brainer inconsistencies.

You say that your car was built in 2007 and sold as a 2008 model. You label it as a CLK55 AMG. The CLK55 AMG was replaced by the CLK63 in 2007.

You say that your car is a 2007 CLK550. The center console and cup holders are old models that stopped being offerred after 2005. From 2006 to 2009, the center console looks entirely different. That cup holder becomes a vestibule holder since they re-designed such that the center console holds two cups.

You label your car as an AMG. Yet it does not have AMG seats that look distinctly different and have bolster adjustments.

You say that your car is a CLK550. Yet, your car does not have heated seats, let alone Keyless Go or Bluetooth compatibility. I have never seen any V8 model MB that is a budget version.

You say that your car is a CLK550, yet it has the CLK55 steering wheel. In your acceleration, you never manually shifted. I have never seen any AMG driver not choose manual shifting in an acceleration video. The fact that it even has an AMG steering wheel is already a poser move.

You changed the instrument panel face to that of an AMG. Except it is the wrong face for the wrong year.

You say that your car is a CLK550. I have never seen a CLK550 without at least 8.0/9.0 18 inch 32. Yet, you have standard 7.5/8.5 17 inch wheels et37.

I have never seen a CLK550 with a CLK350 bumper and foglights. The rear spoiler does not even look stock dimensioned and does not look like the genuine article. There are no side skirts on the car.

The bumper is definitely from a CLK350. You welded AMG twin pipes to each muffler. That's fine, except it doesn't fit the standard bumper hole meant for a single tailpipe. Don't get me started on the right side. The AMG muffler tips are hanging awkwardly because the vehicle does not have an AMG bumper/diffuser.

Never mind the actual performance. The engine itself when revved sounds exactly like a V6. How do I know? I own two V6 CLKs, and quite soon, a 6.3 CLK too. I have over 30 years of MB ownership, with over 30 different MB cars. You can't fool me for a second.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Jyeoh, I was cheering for the guy myself; hoping that I could get that level of power for a couple hundred more bucks of mods. But with your message all hope is lost.... To you I say;

Dang!!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216

I pity you....!
Ouch indeed. While that might be true I have seen far worse. I have seen claims of having worked for the CIA, owning 6 different Ferraris and so on hahaha....So, from my point of view this was a mild one.

As far as rebadging his car and posing..well it's a free country...Germany that is
Old 05-23-2013, 11:16 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I'm not support or attacking Alen, but there are some incorrect statements here:

Originally Posted by iyeoh
You say that your car was built in 2007 and sold as a 2008 model. You label it as a CLK55 AMG. The CLK55 AMG was replaced by the CLK63 in 2007.
The concept of "model year" is often lost outside the USA. Manufacturers and the US DOT live and die by the "model year" which has nothing necessarily to do with build date or sale date. Bu in other countries, the "year" of a car is the sale date, so what he probably means is that it's a MY2007, sold in 2008. But you are correct- beginning with MY2007, the CLK55 was discontinued and the new AMG model was the CLK63.

You say that your car is a 2007 CLK550. The center console and cup holders are old models that stopped being offerred after 2005. From 2006 to 2009, the center console looks entirely different. That cup holder becomes a vestibule holder since they re-designed such that the center console holds two cups.
Actually, MY2005 was the introduction of the "facelift" which revised the center stack, but it still had the old style armrest. The new dual cupholder version was introduced in for MY2006 (which also introduced the new tail light design).

You label your car as an AMG. Yet it does not have AMG seats that look distinctly different and have bolster adjustments.
I think we have determine that it is NOT an AMG vehicle - it is only posing as one.

You say that your car is a CLK550. Yet, your car does not have heated seats, let alone Keyless Go or Bluetooth compatibility. I have never seen any V8 model MB that is a budget version.
Heated seats were standard on all USA CLKs, but optional in other markets (even on the top-of-the-line AMG models). KeylessGo was an option on the CLK - even on the most expensive AMG models. Yes, I agree it's stupid that MBZ and the delaers didn't just go ahead and jack up the price by $800 and make it standard, but they didn't, and most CLKs, even V8s, lack this feature. The same goes for HID headlights. As for Bluetooth, no CLK came from the factory with it. Most all came "pre-wired" for the cell phone handset adapter, and very few actually come with the extra $1500 MBZ cell phone option, but the Bluetooth puck was strictly a dealer (or aftermarket) option.

You say that your car is a CLK550, yet it has the CLK55 steering wheel. In your acceleration, you never manually shifted. I have never seen any AMG driver not choose manual shifting in an acceleration video. The fact that it even has an AMG steering wheel is already a poser move.
That steering wheel was standard on the CLK500 and CLK550 models. The left paddle downshifts, the right paddle upshifts. The CLK55/CLK63 AMG steering wheel is identical except that instead of paddles, it has switches on each side that each have dual functions for upshift and downshift.

You changed the instrument panel face to that of an AMG. Except it is the wrong face for the wrong year.
Yes, it appears that he has installed an AMG cluster. Some people do this as they like the looks better.

You say that your car is a CLK550. I have never seen a CLK550 without at least 8.0/9.0 18 inch 32. Yet, you have standard 7.5/8.5 17 inch wheels et37.
The MY2007 CLK550 came standard with 7.0 front and 7.5 rear 17" rims.

I have never seen a CLK550 with a CLK350 bumper and foglights. The rear spoiler does not even look stock dimensioned and does not look like the genuine article. There are no side skirts on the car.

The bumper is definitely from a CLK350. You welded AMG twin pipes to each muffler. That's fine, except it doesn't fit the standard bumper hole meant for a single tailpipe. Don't get me started on the right side. The AMG muffler tips are hanging awkwardly because the vehicle does not have an AMG bumper/diffuser.
The "AMG Sport Appearance Package" was standard on all USA model V8 CLKs, but optional in other markets.

Never mind the actual performance. The engine itself when revved sounds exactly like a V6. How do I know? I own two V6 CLKs, and quite soon, a 6.3 CLK too. I have over 30 years of MB ownership, with over 30 different MB cars. You can't fool me for a second.
Sounds just like my stock CLK550.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C200K SS, '05 Kleemann CLK500K, '08 Hummer H3 & '92 Z34 5sp (track car in Canada)
Originally Posted by Rudeney
I'm not support or attacking Alen, but there are some incorrect statements here:

The concept of "model year" is often lost outside the USA. Manufacturers and the US DOT live and die by the "model year" which has nothing necessarily to do with build date or sale date. Bu in other countries, the "year" of a car is the sale date, so what he probably means is that it's a MY2007, sold in 2008. But you are correct- beginning with MY2007, the CLK55 was discontinued and the new AMG model was the CLK63.

Actually, MY2005 was the introduction of the "facelift" which revised the center stack, but it still had the old style armrest. The new dual cupholder version was introduced in for MY2006 (which also introduced the new tail light design).

I think we have determine that it is NOT an AMG vehicle - it is only posing as one.

Heated seats were standard on all USA CLKs, but optional in other markets (even on the top-of-the-line AMG models). KeylessGo was an option on the CLK - even on the most expensive AMG models. Yes, I agree it's stupid that MBZ and the delaers didn't just go ahead and jack up the price by $800 and make it standard, but they didn't, and most CLKs, even V8s, lack this feature. The same goes for HID headlights. As for Bluetooth, no CLK came from the factory with it. Most all came "pre-wired" for the cell phone handset adapter, and very few actually come with the extra $1500 MBZ cell phone option, but the Bluetooth puck was strictly a dealer (or aftermarket) option.

That steering wheel was standard on the CLK500 and CLK550 models. The left paddle downshifts, the right paddle upshifts. The CLK55/CLK63 AMG steering wheel is identical except that instead of paddles, it has switches on each side that each have dual functions for upshift and downshift.

Yes, it appears that he has installed an AMG cluster. Some people do this as they like the looks better.

The "AMG Sport Appearance Package" was standard on all USA model V8 CLKs, but optional in other markets.

An apple for the teacher because that was a lesson and a half

Old 05-24-2013, 07:36 AM

CLS550
Originally Posted by Rudeney

But I am thoroughly convinced its a V6, and I went home and revved my V6 to confirm.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
I just revved mine while I'm reading this lol
Old 05-31-2013, 12:59 AM

2000 Volvo S40, 2006 Hummer H3, 2008 CLK550
lamest thread ever.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts