CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

finally AVICZ150BH Pioneer 2013 flagship installked in a CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 550
finally AVICZ150BH Pioneer 2013 flagship installked in a CLK

Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM

O4 CLK 320
Nice....I love AVIC systems.....so how did they handle the fiber optics? Did they rewire the entire audio system? Cause I have an Avic ready to go but I have the Fiber issue and need to figure something out......same car too. 04
Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Very nice! I have an older AVIC 7010 in the C240. It's OK, but the touch screen is a bit fussy - it's the old style "dual-layer" touch sensing instead of the capacitive touch as with most modern smart phones and tablets. The maps and direction are fairly good.

@Djoker - all you need to do is run analog wiring to the trunk. It's easy - there is plenty of room in the wiring conduits under the door sills. Once in the trunk, tie into the high-level analog speaker lines "downstream" of your Bose amp. Your best bet (budget willing) is to put a new multi-channel amp in the trunk. Best case - run a 5-channel RCA cable harness to the trunk and use a 5-channel amp (or a 4-channel + 1 for the sub) then remove the Bose amp and use the new stuff.

Oh, and if you are looking for some decent equipment at a good price, check partsexpress.com. I put a one of their Pyramid amps in the C240 for the sub and I've been very happy with it (or, shall I say "the kid" has - you can here her coming a mile away).
Old 08-02-2013, 09:15 PM

O4 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Very nice! I have an older AVIC 7010 in the C240. It's OK, but the touch screen is a bit fussy - it's the old style "dual-layer" touch sensing instead of the capacitive touch as with most modern smart phones and tablets. The maps and direction are fairly good.

@Djoker - all you need to do is run analog wiring to the trunk. It's easy - there is plenty of room in the wiring conduits under the door sills. Once in the trunk, tie into the high-level analog speaker lines "downstream" of your Bose amp. Your best bet (budget willing) is to put a new multi-channel amp in the trunk. Best case - run a 5-channel RCA cable harness to the trunk and use a 5-channel amp (or a 4-channel + 1 for the sub) then remove the Bose amp and use the new stuff.

Oh, and if you are looking for some decent equipment at a good price, check partsexpress.com. I put a one of their Pyramid amps in the C240 for the sub and I've been very happy with it (or, shall I say "the kid" has - you can here her coming a mile away).

SAWEET.....I'm looking into a 5ch amp now and cando that with NO problem....just need to know what wires are front rear and sub....will that be on the BOSE AMP?.....

Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Yes, pickup the speaker level outputs on the Bose amp. These may help:

http://benzbits.com/w203/SpeakerWiringDiagram.pdf
http://benzbits.com/UseOfWiringDiagrams.pdf