CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

All 4 discs are warped after all brake pad change. İs it possibly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Originally Posted by Yalin
I am planning to dissemble all and clean them. I really cant afford to buy new calipers at this time. It seems like seals are in good condtion and I want to go through everything related to brakes. Will chech the hubs, bought new brake hoses and renew the rear rotor and brakes.

why is it so hard to do this? It seems like few things to get out and clean. Car is in 120k right now, I will probably go for a whole before replacing calipers.
Here we go again...

I going to write down all my experience. Hope it helps someone else there.

All brake calipers were disassembled to check for stuck pistons.(found out that front calipers were brembo, I have sport pack fyki) Front right inner piston was stuck and the outward one was little hard. All other ones were working smoothly. I did replace the o-rings and dust covers with Ate. Couldn't find the fronts in Turkey.

Rear pistons were really clean. There were no obvious dirt but fronts was pretty dirty. All cleaned, all hoses replaced and brake fluid flushed with mercedes brake fluid Dot 4 plus. I highly recommend checking them if you like a country like Turkey. Dirt, dust, oil... you can find anything on roads. Love it.

I replaced the rear tyres with asymmetric 3 of the rims were bent, not much and got them fixed. Balanced everything and then went for the bedding that is always mentioned by my master Rudeney. Car was driving like on railroad. I am very happy

Rear rotors are replaced with textars and hella pagid brake pads. Front discs were turned. After the turn I checked and the thickness, 27mm. Unfortunately it cost 1 mm after turning. I paid 10 dollars for it. Front brake pads are new hella pagid as well..

Maybe it is early to tell if everything is fixed but I can definitely say the brakes feel wonderful. I am checking the surface of the discs, so far so good. Hope it goes like this.

By the way I have checked all the tie rods, arms and stuff. Tech told me that all is well. Replaced nearly everything like 3 years ago(fronts) so it was kinda expected. Suspensions are renewed with sachs. I might replace the rear arms if needed soon.

Some of the guys told me that bent rims can cause the warped as well. I am not sure you about, would like to hear what you guys think about it.

One more thing, overall this is quite easy DIY if you have the right tools. Don't forget personal protection and keep in mind that piston can pop out pretty harsh. Watch videos on youtube to get an idea.

Thank you all for contributing and for your valuable comments. Great to be in this forum with great people.

Regards from Turkey guys.
Old 11-07-2019, 01:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,004 Likes on 872 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Thanks for the follow-up on this. I hope everything continues to work well for you. if not, let us know about it.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:46 AM

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Deleted. Wrong forum sorry