CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

how, exactly, do you turn off Tele Aid via MB Star DAS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2024, 04:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
90 VW Corrado g60, 07 New Beetle Vert triple white & 09 Escalade ESV Plat LOL!
Whoa, thanks for that info Dean. Delving into purchasing a W203 with the possibility it may have the old analog teleaid installed. Good info to have.

There’s so much heartache on MBZ offering it and then pulling the plug. VW had OnStar offer their services to them, sold them the equipment and then pulled the rug out. “Whoops, we’re going to digital equipment, too bad you’re analog.”

Old 09-03-2024, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 mercedes-benz e320 4matic
Originally Posted by Petethepug
Whoa, thanks for that info Dean. Delving into purchasing a W203 with the possibility it may have the old analog teleaid installed. Good info to have.

There’s so much heartache on MBZ offering it and then pulling the plug. VW had OnStar offer their services to them, sold them the equipment and then pulled the rug out. “Whoops, we’re going to digital equipment, too bad you’re analog.”
I had nightmare in 2004 w211 with that analog telaid bs nobody could seam to do it even went to Princeton NJ mercedes dealer said we tried 3 computers can't get into system maybe broken wire lol. 3 hrs no charge so I did my own thermal investigation and cleared myself easy I got xentry 12 20023 pack with DAS Vedimo wIS all of it. Thus took time to investigate as well never had mercedes durst one. So after 1 year off failed dealers etc nothing even said it would we 250 to take out it's their bs somebody paid good money to install to Uninstaller should be free period no nothing company went under lol. So I started system lucky made some foreign friends in Europe to educate me. The mistake dealer made used xentry not DAS xentry was not out 04 DAS need to be used xentry just boot ypu out. So after u passed dealer mistake in 5 min on I went it's in body cars telecommunications teleaid and keep clicking till you get to drop down menu not present and present make not present save to all control units I have a ypu tube I made because all other were bs and did not do **** https://youtu.be/IaeWFGSqFzI?si=7fDx...kIZD_yz-VOfgOe. Her is fuel remaining to do why don't do two for one thank me later to basic things I did w211 basically on my own
Old 09-03-2024, 11:46 PM

Sos telaid

. https://youtu.be.be/IaeWFGSqFzI?si=N8nPna4GlBIu2sIM. Fuel remaining and telaid on DAS not present
Old 09-04-2024, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by deanrantala
I will try to answer this best I can. Please understand, when doing these mods involves using sections of Xentry/DAS that are technically not even *supposed* to be accessed by dealerships. That said, if documentation was already scarce on using Xentry/DAS - you can imagine how scarce using the factory-only features will be.

Disclaimer aside, I will try to help you best I can.

The first and most important thing to remember when dealing w/ Xentry/DAS and (especially) the Developer Data adaptations is this: the are more often than not DIFFERENT between Chassis. So some intuition must be applied - and some rist must be assumed.

I have disabled the SOS light on a few vehicles (mainly ML), but years ago I do recal doing this on a car - cannot remember which specifically. In all except one instance (that I can recall), the option to disable the SOS feature was in the airbag module.

The best thing you can do is get google translate app installed w/ the "camera" feature.. Go into the Airbag module, enter Developer Data and carefully crawl through all options there with the camera app. Some intuition unfortunately must be applied here.

In one instance, it seems that I recall having to also (or exclusively) go into the Instrument Cluster and disable the SOS there.

Sometimes, all the *current* values that are enabled for each given option that can be changed will already be highlighted, other times (various chassis), the select/dropdowns will just have a "-". In this case, you may or may not be able to tell which value is currently programmed -vs- which one you want to try.

While I have personally never had to do it (knock on wood), if you have the offline mode stuff installed, you can always backup your SCN data - store it and just play with the settings at-will. Worse case scenario, things get screwed up and you just re-write the SCN coding back to the module (should overwrite any custom adaptations you screwed up).

I can not stress enough that applying some intuition really applies here. I think most of us who have tweaked and changed factory settings have made blind leaps at one point or another to experiment and see how things work.

On the W163 chassis vehicles, the only 4 modules involved with SOS are: Cluster, Airbag, Radio and SOS module itself. In the case of the W163, the SOS and Airbag module inter-communicate directly. From there, it seems the Airbag module "boadcasts" the status to the radio and cluster. So in my example previous posted, simply turning off that broadcast stops the ABS module from reporting the SOS data (referred to in Dev Data as "Crash Data" - even if no accident happened, it is all part of "Crash Data").

Depending on your chassis, you may ALSO have some option called "Crash Data, digital in" or "SOS, digital data", etc. Those additional options may also need to be disabled. I am just offering sugestions here to help aid you.

If you are less of a rist taker, you may try reaching out to the guys on MHH (just google search, I will leave it at that). There are often a lot of deep-dive hackers on that forum. More often than not, they will be non-english-as-first-language, so understand that. But it is a source for detailed answers to these more involved Dev Data questions IMO.

All that aside, here is the best help I can offer here:

1) Ensure the Teleaid module itself is disconnected (important!). If it is still connected, it will continue to "report" to Airbag or any other applicable module
2) Go into each of the following: Airbag, Cluster. For each, dive into the Dev Data / Explicit Coding section. Look around with Google Translate camera app and look for anything that references Crash Data, Teleaid, SOS, etc.
3) If you find something that seems obvious, look at the available options. Feel free to take pics of these if you like and post them here before making changes - I will try to give my personal feedback as to if it is worth trying or not.

Regarding the code K12.. not sure? Is it asking you for a secret key? If so, that is something you will need to search for outside this public thread :-). DAS does require a secret key for some chassis/modules when entering Dev Data section.

Again, ensure you have completely disconnected that TeleAid module (not just the fiber!) and search all the Dev Data options. Take some pics and post back here if you want - I will try to help best I can.

If anyone else has more expecience with this chassis/application, please feel free to chime in

-Dean
great info I know it's old post so I put on videos of my YouTube disablaying w211 sos telaid once it was not present in telecommunications its gone at least in w211 mine still plugged it did not matter on mine I did try all of theses things cleaned antenna connection splitter unplug telaid module I looped it *** well lol nothing would get it gone off IC after not present and cleared codes did srs right after done never had sos again in 6 months it was analog looks for signal if mistaken pushed etc. Digital is now 2024 so it will keep calling and sos shows on ic messes with music and all. I had my whirls with the mighty Harmon Kardon speaker system pos period even though it's very old sounded good back then but if you really want to drive this car do what u did new teck all around speakers headunit TPMS dvr rear cam side cam waze android auto Carplay GPS so then I could rip all old teck out it was a bunch of clunky heavy metal boxes lol head unit 5disk changer. GpS in trunk sos voice module and antenna on far side of trunk up against back rest under plastic side compartment is all that I started messing with that then it got to be too much was not bothering anything so I will screws my 12 inch jl box to it. Also did jl component 6.5 front and rear and center I threw 1inch jl tweeter. In rear the sub is very difficult to get off rear deck. All seats both a frames and those nasty headrests yup all of them then can get rear deck after pop trunk loosed nuts around speaker check slides. Then after that can pry it up Ander panel to reveal ugly dvc sub lol. And 2 small speakers along side l. I pulled the sub out ypu need the air hole for your sub I'm trunk and threw on 3or 2.5scaraudio sound 100 better slid it back in and now ypu don't know. The box is to big bout to take out and see if I can make somthing small for them. Also two amps I installed 4 channel and 2channel mono amp for subs.