CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Stereo upgrade 2007 CLK 550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 350
Originally Posted by Rudeney
I thought all of the cars with the HK system had the AUX input. If not, I believe all you have to do is buy the wiring kit and connect it. I know there has been some discussion of this in the forum - search for "AUX". Also check benzworld - maybe I've seen it discussed over there.
Just an update, I've had succes trying to locate the pins assigned to the aux input and was able to wire the rest up so I now have a functioning aux in. I hope it can help others that have this frustrating problem.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:31 PM

CLK 350
Originally Posted by Pauldaniel
Just an update, I've had succes trying to locate the pins assigned to the aux input and was able to wire the rest up so I now have a functioning aux in. I hope it can help others that have this frustrating problem.
Orange white is left, orange right, green ground.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:55 PM

CLK280 Sport Auto 2008 with AMG Kit & Wheels
Smile Thankyou very much!!!

Hi Guys,
I have been looking for the wiring info I found here for hours.
I just bought a 2008 CLK280 today and got a £450 discount because there was no sound coming through. I suspect that the Logic7 Amp is faulty but it could be anything. In any case, until I find out exactly what the problem is (I don't have much free time) I should be able to wire up something direct to the speaker cables in the trunk without permanently affecting the setup. (Splice in, solder, leave extra female connectors hanging so I can unplug from the amp and add in my own audio direct to speakers).
Anyways, I have an idea that I think you will like.
1. Unplug the Speaker/Power from the Amp.
2. Fit new Head Unit.
3. Feed 1 pair of speaker wires from the Head Unit to the Trunk
4. Connect this pair into the Front Speaker wires (Screw terminals will suffice).
5. Add a nice 4 channel amplifier with High Level Input to use the same wires in step 4 (Alpine or Kenwood) with HPF/LPF options - Use 2 channels for the rear speakers and 2 for the Subs. Keep the gain low to start with and test the system.
IF you want to be able to use the Fader on the head unit then run an RCA cable from Rear O/P to the trunk for input to the new amp instead of the wires in Step 4.... I might have to do this actually. Yet to get the car checked to see if where the problem lies exactly....
Old 04-15-2018, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Ford Mustang AND 2008 CLK550 convertible
Originally Posted by Rudeney
I think the issue with no using stock speakers was related to the Bose system used (pre-MY2005). Bose used 2ohm speakers, and without their proprietary signal processor, they tended not to sound so good with aftermarket head units and/or amps. The HK speakers are just traditional Harmon Corp. car stereo speakers.

Just curious - did you tap into the cigarette lighter for illumination and switched 12v? Did the Crutchfield harness and instructions take that into consideration?
so if this is the case can I just replace speakers? I need to upgrade this but don't want to replace the whole system, but I might. It sounds just horrible. Something has to be broken, I know what good car audio is, both factory and aftermarket. I don't know where to start.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:47 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
With the HK system you can just replace the speakers. Have you checked to make sure they are all working? If so, I don't think new speakers will help. My guess is that it's working properly, but just not up to your expectations. I hear many complains about the Bose and HK systems MBZ has used. Personally, I have found them all to be just fine, but I don't have the world's best hearing in the first place,and I've never been terribly picky about my audio systems as long as they are decent.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Ford Mustang AND 2008 CLK550 convertible
Yeah, I have a pretty discerning ear, I can hear things others simply don't believe are even there. It's fine really for it's purposes. And I am pretty sure all of it is working as intended. I think to really be happy I would have to gut the entire system. Short of that, it's not worth messing with. Honestly, I am just glad that I can now stream bluetooth from my phone. If the system or amp ever fails though, I would probably do a simple install of a new head unit and one amp powering a single set of quality separates up front and a single sub in the rear. But for now it's fine and working.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:33 PM

2007 Mercedes Benz Clk550 convertible
New head unit install 2007 clk550 convertible with HK

Hi, so I’m trying to change out my head unit to one that offers touchscreen and Bluetooth and apple carplay. I don’t know anything about cars but I don’t want to pay someone a whole lot of money to install one for me when I can do it myself. I’ve read through this forum and I’m just looking for instructions on what I need to do and what to get to install a new one. I have the HK system. Do I just need to run wires from the new head unit to the amp in the truck? or do I need to run it to all the speakers in the car? Do I need a new amp? What wires do I connect to what behind the head unit? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Eric
Old 01-29-2024, 05:44 PM

CLK550; Prior CLK500
Originally Posted by lmadrid18
I'm wanting to upgrade my stereo in order to have bluetooth and ipod connection. Any advice? Also I have a few things I need to fix and need to know where I could order replacement parts. Thanks!
-
Head Units - go to: - SEICANE - type in W209