CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Stupid orange reflectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Thumbs down Stupid orange reflectors

I'm picking up my car from the shop tomorrow, newly fitted with the Brabus front bumper. I'll be sure to take pictures. One thing I'm hoping but forgot to ask - does the Brabus bumper come with the aweful orange relfectors on the front of the car?

I've seen a bunch of cars without them so I know you can get them removed, I want to know if the Brabus bumper has them and what the process is of removing them.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
doesn't come with the orange reflectors..

you should be fine
Old 11-23-2003, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
http://www.pbase.com/image/21121374
Old 11-23-2003, 11:20 PM

'03 CLK500
That's what I like to see

Got my windows tinted, got the Brabus bumper.. Now I need those Brabus rims and the AMG lip and I'm set!
Old 11-24-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
May I know where did you get the Brabus bumper?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:56 AM

'03 CLK500
Angry #&#@&#@* !!!!

So I go to the shop this morning to check on my car, which is supposed to be ready today. I take a look at the bumper they are painting for my car, and its the AMG bumper. There was apparently a "misunderstanding" and my Brabus bumper was shipped off back a distributer of theirs.

I went ballistic but there was little to be done. I need my car back and can't wait until February to get the bumper I wanted. Those scumbags at the shop were going back and forth passing off the blame - "Did you send it back?" "No! I thought you did!".. First they denied even having it and their story was like swiss cheese.

I am not a happy camper. My car is gonna be like it was a month ago, AMG bumper, orange reflectors and all....

My question is - what is the process of having the amber reflectors covered on the AMG bumper ??
Old 11-24-2003, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
Re: #&#@&#@* !!!!

Originally posted by likuidM5
So I go to the shop this morning to check on my car, which is supposed to be ready today. I take a look at the bumper they are painting for my car, and its the AMG bumper. There was apparently a "misunderstanding" and my Brabus bumper was shipped off back a distributer of theirs.

I went ballistic but there was little to be done. I need my car back and can't wait until February to get the bumper I wanted. Those scumbags at the shop were going back and forth passing off the blame - "Did you send it back?" "No! I thought you did!".. First they denied even having it and their story was like swiss cheese.

I am not a happy camper. My car is gonna be like it was a month ago, AMG bumper, orange reflectors and all....

My question is - what is the process of having the amber reflectors covered on the AMG bumper ??
wow, i would have raised all hell if i were you.

doesn't your CLK500 already have the AMG bumper? isn't that your car in the sig?

now as for getting rid of that amber light, go to www.evosport.com and get the prepaint reflectors, they are a very good fit and look factory, yet functional at night. can't go wrong.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
why is it going to take you till feb. to get it back?
Old 11-24-2003, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
Wait - you were told that the bumper had been received, dropped off your car for install (but never actually saw the bumper in person?), but then when you went to pick up your car, they had the repaired AMG bumper back on your car and told you that they shipped the Brabus bumper back to their distributor? WTF? For perspective, a couple of us ordered Brabus bumpers back in either August or September (I think I ordered in Aug but I don't recall) and are still waiting.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Frisco
Wait - you were told that the bumper had been received, dropped off your car for install (but never actually saw the bumper in person?), but then when you went to pick up your car, they had the repaired AMG bumper back on your car and told you that they shipped the Brabus bumper back to their distributor? WTF? For perspective, a couple of us ordered Brabus bumpers back in either August or September (I think I ordered in Aug but I don't recall) and are still waiting.
Thats why I am very curious to know WHERE did he find the Brabus bumper?!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:50 AM

'03 CLK500
This is what happened..

Originally, I brought my car in to get the AMG bumper replaced. They told me there were none in the country and it would be months before they could get me one. So then I requested a Brabus bumper, which they said they could get.

I brought my car back a few weeks later when they said they had the Brabus bumper in. I believe they got it from "Competition Motors" or "Competition Imports" - I dont remember the exact name.

I looked at the bumper and it was the Brabus one - it even had the black Brabus logo I believe on the left. It had the space for the 2 fog lights and everything. The only problem was, the one that came had 2 slits for the headlight washers, which I don't have. I was so excited that I told them I would take it like that because they said the space for the washers could be capped and it would look fine. I agreed and left my car with them.

I come back to find out that a bumper without the washer slots "magically" turned up and that it was painted and being installed onto my car. I look at it and what do I see? An AMG bumper.

After arguing with them (they were slimey and incompetant) there was not much I can do as they said there were none in the world and they wouldn't be around until February. I was furious because I KNOW what I saw and there was a Brabus bumper at that shop waiting to be installed on my car.

I dont know how the AMG bumper turned up but my guess is they probably got a really high offer for the Brabus bumper and pulled the switch. The two idiots were going back and forth saying "Oh, I know I showed you the bumper in the box but I dunno if it was AMG, Brabus, I didn't check!".

@$$hole$

When I picked up my car from them yesterday it did look great but I was really hoping for the Brabus bumper as I know you guys have been for months. I had them pop out my orange reflectors and they are painting them body color today.. I'm psyched to see how they look.

They returned my car to me detailed, sparkling clean and it looks great. I'm really not sure if I want to stick with the AMG wheels that came stock or if I want to get the "CLK55-style" Brabus wheels..

AMG BRED - your car is soo butters I wanna get mine looking just like yours

Last edited by likuidM5; 11-25-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
when you looked at your brabus bumper.. did it look like this?

sorry if the pic is not much detail.. but from your description, it sounded like you might have a replica of the Brabus bumper?

anyways, i had recieved my bumper within a week of buying it from Brabus and they had agreed to drop ship it to the bodyshop and have it painted and all that.. all i had to do was wait for the phone call for them to fit it on which took about a day.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:27 PM

A couple of things:

1. Hopefully it's not too late, could you list the shop's name and address so that others can avoid what you had to go through?

2. If your amber side-markers have yet to be painted, make sure that they sand down the lettering, or all of the DOT info will remain visible under the paint.

3. I do wonder if you've gotten a replica AMG front bumper: Find out what material the bumper is made of, if it is an AMG/sport bumper made of fiberglass, it is a replica.

Sucky story, but I hope it all turns out well in the end.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

damn those guys sound SO shady - I definitely would have been fuming if I was in your position!!!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mike: if you're so sure that you've seen the Brabus bumper, why did you ask me to get you one? I would have to agree with others in here that the bumper that you saw was probably a replica. I have three customers all have been waiting for the real Brabus bumpers for 3 months now and Brabus NA does not have any. The last one they've sold was back in September and it was a fiberglass one. All the new ones coming in will be made of poly-u.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:41 PM

'03 CLK500
The name of the shop was "Conti Auto Body" in Syosset, New York.

Harris - when I had spoken to you it was before I had seen their Brabus bumper.

How can I find out if mine is a replica or not? Even if I asked them couldn't they say it was the right material and not fiberglass? I saw it unpainted and it seemed like kind of a hard plastic material (it was quality, not as bad as 'plastic' sounds) - I think its legit.

AMG BRED - that is what the bumper I saw looked like but it was gray (unpainted) not white.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you know the name of their supplier, you might just be able to call Brabus NA and ask them.