CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

::ECS Tuning:: Auxiliary Input Wiring Harness For Your CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
::ECS Tuning:: Auxiliary Input Wiring Harness For Your CLK

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Only - $39.56*

Sometimes simply attempting to listen to an external audio source requires extensive rewiring and difficult customization. The genuine Mercedes-Benz Auxiliary Input Wiring Harness makes the job clean and easy.

Listen to any audio source using a standard 3.5mm adapter, including any Apple product and any phone or Mp3 device.

*Price subject to change.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Awesome! How hard is the install? I was just at my radio shop and the guy said to hook up an AUX it would be a few hundred dollars.

So if this is a simple install and hooks right up to my stock 04 clk55 audio system IM IN!
Old 02-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by jkiddd33
Awesome! How hard is the install? I was just at my radio shop and the guy said to hook up an AUX it would be a few hundred dollars.

So if this is a simple install and hooks right up to my stock 04 clk55 audio system IM IN!
jkiddd33,

Thank-you for your interest in this Auxiliary Input Harness.

To answer your question, no, installation is not excessively difficult, but it does require removal of some interior components to gain access to where the harness must run.

The harness is designed to plug directly into the back of the radio in your car, and the auxiliary input jack will be located in the glove box. Of coarse, you can run the auxiliary input port to any location it will reach that you may desire, but it is designed to reach the glove box.

As long as you have the skills to remove some trim panels from the interior of your car to run the harness, you should have no trouble with installation.

I hope this information helps, and if you need any more information, please don't hesitate to post or send a PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 CLK320 Cabriolet W209 & 2011 BMW X3
My 2005 CLK320 Cabriolet does not have an auxiliary input jack in the glove box. Will I be able to use it? I do know how to remove the head unit to gain access to the rear of the head unit. There are many You Tube videos. Does this take the place of my CD changer or does it plug in some other place? My head unit does not have navigation.

Last edited by Timewarpone; 03-08-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Timewarpone
My 2005 CLK320 Cabriolet does not have an auxiliary input jack in the glove box. Will I be able to use it? I do know how to remove the head unit to gain access to the rear of the head unit. There are many You Tube videos. Does this take the place of my CD changer or does it plug in some other place? My head unit does not have navigation.
Timewarpone,

This Auxiliary Input Wiring Harness is the part that goes into the glove box. The 3.5mm female connector is installed into a hole that is in the side of the glove box, and then this harness is plugged into the main audio system wiring harness.

For this Auxiliary Input Harness to work, your CLK must be equipped with wither Audio 20, Audio 50 APS or COMAND. No other audio systems will work with this Auxiliary Input Wiring Harness.

In order to install the harness you will need to need to remove the passenger side kick panel in order to access the main audio system wiring harness. Once you do that, this Auxiliary Harness plugs into the main audio system wiring harness, and all you have to do then is select the auxiliary input on your head unit and enjoy.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:12 AM

First off I have no idea if my vehicle has Audio 20, Audio 50 APS or COMAND. Secondly, The device you sell doesn't look like it will interface with wires in the passenger side kick panel. What wires are they exactly? How do I know which ones to look for? Do I cut off the connector end of your device in order to interface them with the wires in the kick panel?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Timewarpone
First off I have no idea if my vehicle has Audio 20, Audio 50 APS or COMAND. Secondly, The device you sell doesn't look like it will interface with wires in the passenger side kick panel. What wires are they exactly? How do I know which ones to look for? Do I cut off the connector end of your device in order to interface them with the wires in the kick panel?
Timewarpone,

If you would like, you can send me a PM with your VIN and I can run it and see which audio system you have in your car. You can also have this done at a dealership, or by finding one of the VIN decoders that it offered online. Once you see the Data Card for your car, you will know which audio system you have.

If your vehicle is pre-wired for this Auxiliary Wiring Harness, there will be no need to cut / splice any wires. There will be a plug in the main audio system wiring harness into which you can plug this auxiliary input wiring harness.

Take a look at this thread which was posted by forum member sawloo. This guide is for the installation of this harness in a 2005 C230. The installation will be very similar to your CLK if it is pre-wired for this auxiliary harness.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM

The thread for swaloo was extremely helpful and answered most of my questions. The hookup for your device seems to easy. Now my only question is will it work in my vehicle after installing it. It probably will. The head unit in his car is identical to mine. (I thought your device plugged into the back of the head unit)

Last edited by Timewarpone; 03-13-2014 at 07:07 PM.