CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Electric Window Problems - 2005 CLK 320 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes CLK320
Electric Window Problems - 2005 CLK 320 Coupe

I am having two strange problems with the windows in my CLK that just started after I left my vehicle parked for a week. I searched for both but couldn't find anything too similar to the issues I'm having.
First, my passenger rear window will not go all the way up unless the front window is also all the way up. And when the passenger door opens and the windows move back, it doesn't lock back in place when the door is closed. So I'm having to let the passenger get out with the car still on, close the door, then roll up the rear window. If I roll up the window with the front passenger window down, it goes all the way up and then back down about an inch, regardless of if I continue to hold the window button or not.

Secondly, my sunroof doesn't slide any more. I believe I may have had this problem before this week and just didn't notice. When I am opening the sunroof, it goes in small increments of about one inch, and I have to keep re-pressing the button to get it open. When it closes, it usually slides all the way as normal, however it doesn't seem to stop when it should, it usually goes a bit too far and starts to tilt up.

Anyone had either of these problems? The passenger window is a more pressing issue, I'm not sure if it is a problem with the window-locking feature or with the rear window itself. Would rather not take it in to Mercedes and spend a bunch fixing it if there is something I can do myself.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 06:24 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Try resetting the door controller by pulling it's fuse #22 on the dash panel (end of the dash on the driver's side).

For the sunroof, try resetting the Overhead Control Panel by pulling fuse #9 (rear SAM, in the trunk).

Once you pull these fuses, you may need to re-sync the glass by opening halfway, then holding the switch in the full auto-up (or close for the sunroof) position for five seconds after the glass reaches the top of its travel (with the door closed).

BTW, these can by symptoms of voltage problems - I'd have the battery checked.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:03 AM

2005 Mercedes CLK320
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Try resetting the door controller by pulling it's fuse #22 on the dash panel (end of the dash on the driver's side).

For the sunroof, try resetting the Overhead Control Panel by pulling fuse #9 (rear SAM, in the trunk).

Once you pull these fuses, you may need to re-sync the glass by opening halfway, then holding the switch in the full auto-up (or close for the sunroof) position for five seconds after the glass reaches the top of its travel (with the door closed).

BTW, these can by symptoms of voltage problems - I'd have the battery checked.
Alright, so it worked for the sunroof but I'm still having the issue with the back passenger window. I tried pulling the fuse, as well as the other 2 around it which are listed as "rear window" too, and tried to re-sync the glass (which I did have to do for the sunroof). Maybe there's something I'm not doing right when re-syncing the glass?
Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I assume this is a left-hand drive vehicle so that the window in question is on the right side? Try pulling fuse #33 for resetting the right rear "door" control unit.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:52 AM

2003 CLK 320
Electric window problems

Having similar issues where my rear windows won't go up or down neither will driver door