CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

iPhone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
iPhone

Hi guys. I tried to do some searching but I think this topic might have been moved to archived since it's kinda outta date.
I have a 2005 clk320 with Comand. My ancient phone just broke and I am using my wife's old iphone4s. Probably why I couldn't find anything current
But, what would in your opinions be the best thing to by.
I want to Hook the 4s up so that I can use the phone over the speaker system use the controls on the steering wheel as we'll. I'm not interested in really having it play the music (if it comes with that, it's fine). I'm Really just interested in maybe plugging it into the center console plug and just using the phone.
I have a Bluetooth ear piece but I have to look at the phone to see who's calling and I can't hear that great while with it, figured the inboard speakers would be better.
Thoughts on this probably old topic?
Thanks!!!
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
So your car does not have the MHI in the center console, or are you saying it did have that and the old cell phone you used to dock in there is what broke? if you do have the MHI phone dock, then you can get a BT module to plug into it. MBZ makes one, as do a few aftermarket companies like Viseeo (see Ebay). If you do not have the MHI doc in the center console, then your best option for BT handsfree is the mCar unit (http://www.mCar.us). It emulates the MBZ electronics for the phone and also does add streaming audio.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:34 PM

CLK 320
Hi Rudney
thanks a lot for responding.
Not sure what the MHI is. My old phone was actually a Palm Pre from 1000 years ago (best phone OS ever) and I did not connect it to the car at all, just used a blue tooth earpiece.
Now that I have my wife's iPhone 4S I figured I would use the car connection if it is possible. I have Comand with the Navigation and phone controls on the steering wheel.
This is what my center console looks like, I have no other pieces.
Thanks so much!

Not sure what this plugs into...
Old 07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 134 Likes on 124 Posts
W204 C63 AMG, W212 E250 CGI, C207 E250 CGI
like Rodney suggested. try Viseeo. ive been using it for ages and works really well for me. has the option to transfer your phonebook (iphone) to your command as well.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:15 PM

CLK 320
Thanks for the response guys!
I'm gonna look into viseeo now. With the price things cost for our car it's great to know I'm not gonna buy something that doesn't match up.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:19 PM

CLK 320
1 more thing. There seems to be a few models. Will any of them work that says it connects to the Mercedes media interface? Not sure if they changed it.
Saw this one on Amazon and eBay.
Wanted to be sure I'm looking at right one. Thanks again.
Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: ViseeO Tune2air WMA1000: Cell Phones & Accessories