CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK320 Comments Wanted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208
CLK320 Comments Wanted

What are your opinions on the CLk320? Anything that I should know about? How does it fare against the competition? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 CLK 320 Coupe
I've had a 04' 320 coupe for about a week (with 250 miles on it already). The package includes xenon, parking sensor, navigation, appearance and sunroof. I am completely satisfied with the car except for the mileage. I am getting around 13.0 mpg in the city. I suppose the figure could move closer to the official claimed 20 mpg after the break-in period. I am crossing my fingers right now.

One thing I have to mention is the CLK's amazing storage capacity. I was tempted to try the folded rear seats out so the other day I went to IKEA and picked some rather large pieces of furniture. (The lengthiest among them all was 173CM long) and with a little bit of effort all the furniture were fitted in nicely. (Including one closet, one tea table, one rather big CD-rack, a clothes rack and some other relatively small items) Of course one should not expect to fit a queen size mattress into the seemingly tiny truck of the CLK, but comparing to my family's old sedan the use of space in the CLK is not a bit less than amazing.

As of "the competition", I am not so sure what you are referring to. In my opinion, the CLK is really in a class of its own. I considered several vehicles before the purchase and there was nothing even close to change my mind. If you want a unique, classy, and luxuries (check charcoal leather out; the other colors are quite cheap looking, unfortunately) coupe below 50k, I don't think you can do much better than the CLK.

Last edited by samwzhang; 12-29-2003 at 04:20 AM.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
I just picked up my new 2004 CLK-320 coupe 2 weeks ago. The car is gorgrous with equally gorgeous interior.

Although I like the 17-inch wheels, I opted against it because I prefer the wood trim than the aluminum trim. So, I am stuck with the 16-inch all-season. My plan is to use up these 4-season tires for a while then upgrade to 17-inch later. My stock wheels will be used as my winter wheels.

The options I have are as follow: Bi-Xenon, CD-Changer, Bose, heated seat and sunroof. The Bose system is a must because the stock system is absolutely sub-par.

Of course, the more HP the better but then its fuel economy will suffer. The CLK320"s 215 HP is suffice for my needs.

My previous car was a 1998 Honda Prelude and in comparison, I found the ride of my CLK is a bit on the soft side. I hope that this will change when I upgrade to 17-inch wheels.

Looking at all the features and niceties around the car, I am seriously considering the extended warranty.
Old 01-04-2004, 12:17 PM

2003 CLK 320
I have had my clk 320 2003 a year and one month and have 10,000 miles on the car. I am very pleased with the car this is my first mercedes. It is black opal and it shows alot of dirt but it looks great when cleaned up the interior is the light grey, it can get messed up real easy but I try to keep it spotless. I am very happy with the performance of the car and the interior features. If I had to do it all over again I would have no problem buying another clk320 and get the same color as above even thou it takes a little more work to keep it looking its best.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:30 PM

04CLK320
i completely agree with samwzhang. it's amazing the convience that the clk has brought, and i had no idea when i first bought it. i picked mine up in august and have put about 3500 miles on it since then. now that my break in period is over, my gas mileage has dramatically improved... averaging 23-24mpg, at least 27 on the highway.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:25 PM

I picked up my 04 CLK 320 about a month ago and have put 2000 miles on it. I love this car, it drives very smooth and is very quiet inside. I also agree about the amazing trunk space, I thought that with such a small coupe, I would have very little room to work with, but the fold down seats really help. The quality and finish of the vehicle is superior to all the other cars I had considered. Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase.
Old 01-06-2004, 11:43 PM

2003 CLK 320
I have to agree with everyone, I love this car, had it for 10 months, 10,000 miles. Only problems I had were winshield wipers were squeaky, promptly replaced. Also that ticking noise which is normal but they put some dampening material at the Service A so not as noticeable. Otherwise no other problems. Pleasure to drive and the capacity is amazing. Mileage is good on the highway ~27-28 but in LA local traffic rather dissappointing. Like Sam, I went to IKEA and fit so much stuff, queen size MALM frame, 10 ft carpet, coffee table. This stuff wouldn't fit in my Camry. Handling and performance has improved a little with my add-ons and after breaking in about 3000 miles, the car seemed much more responsive perhaps due to the adaptive transmission. I do wish I had gotten the 500 though but maybe I will upgrade later on. Overall, I am very satisfied with this car. I like it over the past E320 and E430 which I also drive a lot since the it seems more stable, handles better, and easier to park in small spaces.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:09 AM

2002 S500 & 2004 CLK320
I Picked mine up today

I just bought my 04 CLK 320 today from the house of imports,, Let me tell you something ,, Ohh my,, what a car,, I got the silver on black,, xenon, moonroof, cd changer, sky package, and wood dash, I love this car. I just got it today,, Already put 115 miles on it. I will talk some pics of it tomorrow and post on the board.
This car gets more heads turning then my 02 BMW 525I And the CLK is bone stock,, Cant wait to get my rims,, Thats next.. MAybe in 2 or 3 months.

Anyone know what the break in period sould end.

thanx