CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Perelli P-Zeros?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perelli P-Zeros?

Anyone have any opinions on this tire that came with my 500? I dont know if its just me thinking my alignment is off but the tires just seem to want to wander.

Is this the norm for low / wide profile tires? I would have thought they would be a bit quieter also. Could this be because of the cold weather?

thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
My CLK also came with the perellis and I do find it hard to keep her going in a straight line. One problem for me is pulling to the right...which if you do a search, you will find is a common problem on alot of models. I want to say it must be the low profile tires, but my old CLK W208 had low profile tires and I didn't have to concentrate as much to keep her going where I wanted her!

Small price to pay for having so much fun!! Plus it keeps me attentive to the road!!!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CLK500
Originally posted by Stiggs
My CLK also came with the perellis and I do find it hard to keep her going in a straight line. One problem for me is pulling to the right...which if you do a search, you will find is a common problem on alot of models. I want to say it must be the low profile tires, but my old CLK W208 had low profile tires and I didn't have to concentrate as much to keep her going where I wanted her!

Small price to pay for having so much fun!! Plus it keeps me attentive to the road!!!
My P-Zero Russos were ok (except for rollover during hard cornering) until the temperatures dropped into the 30s(f).

Now every little blemish in the road causes these tires to "track" or "tramline".

I've got just over 4,000 miles on this '03 CLK500 and I've not checked the tire pressure in 3 months. Given how quickly this behaviour started I'm guessing that the low temperatures have dropped the PSI. But that doesn't explain why this still happens after the tire has warmed up. Alternately it could be the fact that these are "summer" tires and the compound has turned rock hard and the tires are acting like ice skates.

As soon as I get my new custom forged wheels (probably after winter ) I'm ordering Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Here in Raleigh, NC, our winter conditions do not warrant winter tires but summer tires can be dangerous. It snowed 3" last Friday and it was quite an experience skating around on snow and slush (not ice!).