CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Any other sites for CLK's...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow someone should be a lawyer because he sure has great persuasive skills. I think OJ would rather have him as his lawyer than Johnny.
Point Im tring to make we all know OJ is guilty.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:37 AM

2005 SL65
Predator,

occasionally being presumptuous, i'll take it that i'm that special someone to whom you referred in your most recent post.

given that presumption, shall i take that compliment from the back of your hand or the front?

OUCH! that stung!

but i'll turn the other cheek...

all in good humor, i hope! david.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by Eich
Someone mentioned this word in one of the posts. This probably doesn't describe your intentions exactly but it's probably not that far off either...

Troll
An outrageous message posted to a newsgroup or mailing list or message board to bait people to answer. Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it.

Also, the person who posts such messages.
David = troll.

If it walks like a duck....
Old 02-06-2004, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
regarding posting on the 209 board, Eich, is possession of a 209 a necessary and/or sufficient condition for unimpeded access to this board? seriously, i'd very much like to know your thoughts on that.
You're asking a question that has an obvious answer. Of course, possession of a 209 doesn't mean unimpeded access to this board. But you're smart enough to know that a high percentage of the people who frequent this section, own a 209. I wouldn't even think to visit another section of this board or any other board and throw out comments like you have unless I was specifically asked. Why visit a board where the majority of the people there own a car you don't like ?...... That brings me to your next comment.....

please tell me that you're not trying to take me to task for the troll comment i passed only to Stiggs...
Nah - It's just that the definition seemed similar to what I percieved your intentions to be. While you have admirably remained somewhat light-hearted in most of your posts, I still have yet to see anything informative from you to the original author of the threads. What part of the troll definition doesn't fit your contributions to this thread ? I'd very much like to know your comments on that.

if i get a 209 -- 320, 500 or 55 -- then will you still pound on me for my thoughts be they good, bad or indifferent?
I will I would question your sanity for spending $50+k on a car you thought was uninspired and offers the same visual impact as a Camry !!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:36 AM

2004 clk500 coupe
my opinion that i am entitled to

this guy is really entertaining, right up there with the WWF, all sizzle no steak, virtually zero content to his spew, the last word wont be his, hopefully we can keep him perpetuateing his diahhrea of the mouth
Old 02-06-2004, 05:39 PM

2004 clk500 coupe
Originally posted by david_101
clkguy,

first and foremost, if you don't write scripts, then you should consider
trying because those lines sounded as if they'd come from lethal weapon or die
hard or something similar. really good stuff! i mean it. i know a fine,
reputable entertainment attorney out there -- and one in NYC too, though i
haven't been in touch with him for a few years -- if you need the contact. DID HE PROVIDE YOU WITH GOOD REPRESENTATION?

now to the academic part of this response...

i won't compete with your notion that you know much more than i about MB in
particular. you may; you may not. i will say that my first car as a teen was
my dad's 280 which required more than a bit of tinkering. all but two of my
cars have been MB or BMW. and it's been a few years more than 16. but that's neither here nor there, right? it's the depth of your knowledge, not the
period over which you accumulated your knowledge that really matters. true? WITH 16 YEARS AT MBNA I HAVE TRAVELLED MOST OF THE WESTERN REGION, IN A COMPANY SUPPLIED DEMO, AMONG THEM A 208 COUPE WHICH HAD MANY ISSUES, DUTIES VARIED BUT TECHNICAL HELP WAS MY REALM, INCLUDE 8 YEARS AT DEALER LEVEL, ALL ALONG TRAINING THRU MBAG, THE DAY WILL NEVER COME WHEN A SHADETREE BACKYARD KIND OF GUY
SUCH AS YOU WILL SURPASS THE KNOWLEDGE THAT MB INVESTED IN ME, SO I HAVE BEEN A REPRESENTATIVE OF MB AND GET THIN SKINNED WHEN PEOPLE OF YOUR CALIBER TALK ABOUT THEIR MARKETING STRATEGIES AND OTHER ISSUES OF WHICH YOU KNOW VIRTUALLY NOTHING

of course i believed i'd receive responses. i said outright that i was looking for lively chat. i hadn't counted on what seem like genuinely hostile,
personal responses.

why? because we're talking about CARS, not your family members, not you, not
some dangling pride and joy that gets polished every day or two.

so who here is doing the flaming? and who here really needs to get a life,
medicated or otherwise?

and again, why is it that there's nary a substantive response? just
overwhelmingly personal criticisms?

FYI, i think the 209 is superior to the 208 in most every way but appearance.
(strictly an initial opinion because i haven't spent much time in the car for
reasons you know.)

but if you care to wage attacks for my impressions, then you probably can tell
that i've been up for the challenge. still, why you continue to pound for an
opinion really does stymie me.

so here's the big Q:

if i get a 209 -- 320, 500 or 55 -- then will you still pound on me for my
thoughts, IF YOUR CONTRIBUTION IS A VALUABLE ONE IT WILL BE ADDRESSED AS SO

i mean, how many of you are for polite, honest chat, but only when it's what
you want to hear?

david

p.s. what kind of creature am i? priceless!

Last edited by clkguy; 02-06-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Almost a Member!

clk 500
i'm sorry, but david why dont you frick'in write a book!!! itll probably be shorter than all your posts. you kept mentioning gf, but continued to post. STFU
Old 02-07-2004, 05:42 AM

2002 S500 & 2004 CLK320
shut up

DAVID 101 SHUT UP ALREADY
Old 02-07-2004, 11:18 AM

2004 clk500 coupe
a proper word said

Originally posted by MARK335
i'm sorry, but david why dont you frick'in write a book!!! itll probably be shorter than all your posts. you kept mentioning gf, but continued to post. STFU
yes indeed, i will second the motion
Old 02-07-2004, 11:19 AM

2005 SL65
clkguy,

[weaving my way through the gathering mob…]

a very wise person once told me that if i want to understand where a person's coming from, then i should find out where that person has come from.

from your self-described credentials, i can appreciate the personal nature of your investment in this conversation.

i definitely am not well-versed or experienced in the technicals of MB or any other vehicle. i mean, i could toss out a few euphemisms and acronyms, understanding their meanings, but i wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the systems when the hood was open.

your entire characterization of me is unfounded and so far out in space that i might as well be a martian, eating moon cheese and bragging to my galactic rat pack that "earth girls are easy." but repeating what i believe and attempt to demonstrate, you're entitled to think as you wish.

regarding your credentials, how can anyone know whether or not you’re being truthful?

and please, don't turn it around. i never issued my credentials and i never claimed to be anyone other than a guy who's owned four MBs in more than 16 years. that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me BENZ.

oh, about representation...please be assured that my bases are covered. but thank you for asking. ;-)
Old 02-07-2004, 02:11 PM

2005 SL65
Eich,

you sir, are not unintelligent. that said, please forgive me for not attempting to disprove a negative.

as for the original Q, i really don't know of another forum that's nearly as trafficked as this.

as for where this thread has gone, it stopped being about cars long ago. it became a waltz into first amendment territory and understanding the meaning of the prefixture "civil," as in civilization. at least that's what it meant to me.

civil discourse is the needle to the thread of interdependence, which is the fiber in the fabric of society. again, all in my opinion.

my sanity...well, i may be certifiable insofar as my tenure on-board, but i've never been certified! (;-)

as that pertains to the 209, yesterday i spotted a powder-gray 55 cab that looked very good in motion. who knows, maybe all of clkguy's bashing about my head (emoticon to emoticon, that is) has knocked some sense into me.

david
Old 02-07-2004, 06:45 PM

2004 clk500 coupe
an opology to dave

clkguy,

[weaving my way through the gathering mob…]

a very wise person once told me that if i want to understand where a person's coming from, then i should find out where that person has come from.

from your self-described credentials, i can appreciate the personal nature of your investment in this conversation.

i definitely am not well-versed or experienced in the technicals of MB or any other vehicle. i mean, i could toss out a few euphemisms and acronyms, understanding their meanings, but i wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of the systems when the hood was open.

your entire characterization of me is unfounded and so far out in space that i might as well be a martian, eating moon cheese and bragging to my galactic rat pack that "earth girls are easy." but repeating what i believe and attempt to demonstrate, you're entitled to think as you wish.

regarding your credentials, how can anyone know whether or not you’re being truthful?

and please, don't turn it around. i never issued my credentials and i never claimed to be anyone other than a guy who's owned four MBs in more than 16 years. that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me BENZ.

oh, about representation...please be assured that my bases are covered. but thank you for asking. ;-)
dave as i mentioned, my skin is pretty thin when it comes to criticism of mercedes or my credentials, so may i offer you an APOLOGY, MBNA supported me,trained me and entrusted their reputation to me, so it may not justify the verbal assault on you, but i will trade comments with anyone willing to parlay, then when i chose a CLK500 and hear the negative comment(that you are entitled too) even general ones, you struck a nerve, we may be the kind of people that would meet at a MB event and become friends. but coming to a 209 forum with negatives seems worse than going to the 208 forum with same, we all here have something in common, and thats the love of our cars, so once again forgive me and as i posted a civil post warrants a civil response, and by the way, in my posistion i always had to be civil and you gave me an opprotunity to vent some frustrations, sorry you were on the recieving end. CLKGUY
Old 02-07-2004, 09:17 PM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
David -

I tend to agree with clkguy that you would probably be the kind of person I would get along with if we met in-person. Although I think you showed questionable judgement in your inital responses to these two threads, you have shown some class in your followup.

I'm going to leave these threads alone with one parting response a statement of yours:

of course i believed i'd receive responses. i said outright that i was looking for lively chat. i hadn't counted on what seem like genuinely hostile, personal responses. why? because we're talking about CARS, not your family members, not you, not
some dangling pride and joy that gets polished every day or two.
I don't completely agree with you there. Some people buy cars they can afford or that are practical. Others, like many of us here, can afford to buy a car that is maybe less practical and more fun, reflecting something about their personality and their taste. No one is offended in any way that you don't share the same opinion of a particular car. If everyone had the same taste, there would be no variety in the showroom. The problem we all had with you is that you chose to come into a place where mostly 209 owners go to exchange ideas and offered your very negative descriptive opinion of our choice without being asked for it.

Imagine going to a motorcycle convention with a sign around your neck that said Harleys have become hardly thrilling to the eyes, boring, run of the mill, been there done that and look like Hondas. You are entitled to your opinion but it's generally rude to throw it in the face of a group of people who are guaranteed not to agree with it.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:03 PM

2005 SL65
Eich and clkguy, jointly or severally...

i believe i've always maintained a civil demeanor and courteous tone during our dialogue. if i haven't, then please accept my apology. and please point out the infractions for which i just apologized sight unseen.

the written word won me a woman i had no right to pursue, let alone hope to ply with wit that fell from my stumbling tongue like globs of spackle from an unskilled laborers hand.

the written word can both start and end wars.

IMHO, on this board, the written word amounts to our credentials. had anyone reasoned with me, asked questions, offered facts -- which at least one of you could've done with the greatest ease -- instead of throwing slurs and punches, i would've listened intently.

mob rule is a horrid thing. fortunately, here it isn't enforced with weapons.

gentleman, i have friends and acquaintances from a range of societal strata and geography. some of my best are those with whom i've had the most horrific fights.

you both kept me on my toes without forcing me to dance to exhaustion.

that is a compliment indeed.

david.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:24 PM

2005 SL65
Eich,

i'm sorry to say i cannot agree that posting my unemotionalized thoughts on-board is tantamount to yelling fire in a crowded theater.

here, we all meet to share the same interest. i'm very interested in CLK talk and pointers, re. 208 and 209.

related to what i wrote in a nearlier post, if after having gotten a 209 (clearly liking it's appearance before, during and after purchase), i subsequently became disenchanted with its performance, reliability, durability, or other quality and posted my experiences and impressions, then would you react similarly to how you did after reading a 208er's posts?

yes, this is a hypothetical. but i must presume you understand precisely my point.

is it who makes the comments, the comments, or both? or can anyone simply post? or is it somewhere in between?

what's the rule? what are the limits?
Old 02-08-2004, 08:55 PM
Guest0001

David you must have alot of time on your hands. Maybe you should go check on your GF as you can annoy her instead of W209 owners. Maybe that is why she is not with you right now?

Anyways. I have shown lots of pics to 20 people of the W209 and even took some of my friends to the dealers and have heard only 1 negative comment about the car and that was from an MB enthusiast. Everyone elses jaw litterally dropped and thought it was georgous.

It seems like enthusiasts have a problem with the 209. While the rest of the world (90% of the population) thinks its a beautiful car. Women seem to like it much more though.

As for myself. I don't mind the CLK500 in flat black with some larger wheels and a drop. But I can't justify the price for it. (E500 and C32 seem more of a deal) But I have seen some nicely modded ones lately...

Last edited by Guest0001; 02-08-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:56 AM

Okay......if you eggheaded literary geniuses could please go back and look at my original post and recommend other MB sites it would be greatly appreciated. Geez...seven pages of this?

Thank You.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:05 AM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
is it who makes the comments, the comments, or both? or can anyone simply post? or is it somewhere in between?

what's the rule? what are the limits?
It is WHO makes the comments and WHY they made them...

I said I was leaving this thread alone but you specifically asked me a question so I will respond. If you owned a 209 and became disenchanted with performance, reliability, durability etc.., then you would have some facts based on ownership that would backup your statements and that information would be useful to people in here. Here you've only offered negative opinions of how the car looks (without being asked) in an obvious attempt to spark heated debate, while never providing any information that WAS asked for. How is that useful to anyone other than amusing yourself ? If you can't see the difference, then I'm not sure it can be explained any more clearly.

Even if your initial response to Nebraska was worded less rudely, you would have been much more well received here. Reusing one of your phrases as it applies to rudeness or trolling.. "a chair may take many different forms, but we generally know one when we see it -- we know them when we see them."

Nebraska,
Sorry I didn't offer this sooner...
BenzWorld

Last edited by Eich; 02-09-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:01 PM

2005 SL65
Eich,

i really hadn't intended to be rude. if i was, then apologies to N99.

also, i hadn't intended to spark anything that was heated. really, i hadn't.

as for impressions of an owner...

well, let me preface my comment by saying that i have have the maximum warranty extension on my 208, meaning that i don't foresee replacing it any time soon.

anyway, my thoughts are strictly style-related. i wrote that i believed the 209 superior to the 208 under the skin.

it wouldn't have taken ownership to change an impression of the exterior.

well, i hope that at some future time i'll have something to write here that is universally well-received.

amicably, david.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:06 PM

2005 SL65
clkguy...

because you live in the world of MB tech and undoubtedly are very knowledgeable, would you please help me to diagnose a few 208 problems?

and i'd gladly move to the 208 board, which is a more appropriate venue for such dialogue.

thanks, david.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:08 PM

2004 clk500 coupe
Re: clkguy...

because you live in the world of MB tech and undoubtedly are very knowledgeable, would you please help me to diagnose a few 208 problems?

and i'd gladly move to the 208 board, which is a more appropriate venue for such dialogue.

thanks, david.
shoot me a pm with the vitals, whats the problem, electrical, fuel delivery, mechanical?