CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is there a H/K Logic 7 sound tech on the board?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350A
Is there a H/K Logic 7 sound tech on the board?

I have a perplexing problem with the Harman-Kardon LOGIC 7 sound system on my 07 CLK350 cabbrio.

The car just turned 100K miles and very shortly after experienced a Transmission Computer Module failure. The dealer replaced and reprogrammed the module, which I understand requires an uplink direct to the factory.

Since I've had it back, if the car hasn't been started in awhile there is a long delay in the sound system startup, as if it was going through the diagnostic that I've seen demonstrated in some videos. During that time there is no option on the display for "sound". Eventually though, the "sound" bar does appear on the display and sound plays on AM/FM, Satellite, CDs, Nav, and phone but at a greatly reduced volume. Also, the balance and fade controls do nothing, almost like its in a "fallback" mode.

However, once the car is shut off and the system completely powers down by opening the door. Then the sound system powers up and plays normally and will continue to do so regardless of starts and stops until the car sits long enough for the current trip/time/distance display to reset (I think its about two hours).

The question is, since it seems that everything works normally except under certain conditions, is there a programming error or a required reset after the car was in for the TCM reprogram?

If anyone has encountered this before, especially a tech, I'd appreciate hearing about what eventually was discovered. If you don't know, please don't speculate. Thanks.

P.S., I'm pretty tech savvy and do understand the basics of the fiber optic system.

Brenda
Old 10-15-2015, 02:27 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2007 BMW 550i
interesting. it sounds like the whole system is being reset and reinitialized each time the car stops for a long time. i'd recommend checking out your battery. it might not be holding a charge correctly. next time your car is stopped for long time check out the voltages on the battery. other then that the most likely solution would be to force initialize the system from STAR.

There is no connection between your TCU and Sound system, most probably your battery wasn't in its best condition and the dealer probably left the key on for too long while he worked on it and it so happened your battery is really tired now.

Also everybody on the forum will be speculating, you can't ask for "no speculation", we're just a bunch of people helping each other out, nobody is getting paid here. especially with a problem like the one your having.