CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Express Open/Close for Rear Windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 134 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Express Open/Close for Rear Windows

Hello everyone,

I read the manual and did a bit of research and can't find an answer to a rather intriguing question I have.

Why wasn't the CLK designed with the express open/close power windows feature for the rear windows? (That is when you press the switch past the resistance point and window closes/opens automatically all the way)

The front windows have that feature so why not the rear? I know how the windows go up after closing the door to properly seal, but that functionality won't be affected by having the express feature.

I'm interested to know if any CLK has that feature and/or why do you think MB did not offer it.

Thank you in advance.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CL500 216
The reason is the same as for the SL, the roof control has to take over the windows before it can operate the roof, and not possible to combine any for functions. It is the same circuit for the coupe models.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 134 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Television
It is the same circuit for the coupe models.
It's unfortunate that they used the same circuit rather than differentiating between coupes and convertibles. It's probably worth their savings over our minimal inconvenience.

Thank you though for the concise answer!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:58 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,002 Likes on 870 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
There are aftermarket parts you can buy to enable this. They just wire into the harness for the motor to do the job. I installed them on my W163 which did not have express windows.

For cabriolets, the windows can be fully opened and closed with the top control switch. Press down on the switch once then release, then tap down and hold to lower the windows. To raise them, you pull up once and release, then pull up and hold. With the aftermarket SmartTop module, you simply double-tap to lower, or double pull up to raise.