CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New Car, Intro to myself and my car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CLK W209
The purpose of my post was not to get sympathy, nor do I expect any.

As for the car, I spent a huge amount of time maintaining it and getting it to the best it could have been. You'd have been hard pressed to find a better kept example. Not an exaggeration.

Everything I had worked hard for, and continue to do so at Medical school is on the line, from a decision I made, that at that time I did consider wholy safe to do so.

A decision that not only risks affecting myself, but the tax payers, whom will have invested incredibly significantly in me for my training; and any potential future patients I may have.

The purpose of that post was to hopefully encourage any other young people who may be at risk of doing something similar, and get them to rethink and consider what the implications could be.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Convertible
I got your message. I will keep it in mind for years to come.

How do you keep your car in great condition without garage? Pollen and mess blown with wind messes up the look all the time. I'm not even talking about bugs...
Old 05-11-2016, 07:24 PM

Did it go well?
Old 05-11-2016, 07:50 PM

CLK W209
I think it went promising, as does my solicitor. Usually for offences she said she'd advise a prepared statement, followed with a no comment interview. But in this instance, she suggested I appealed in a way that would allow me to express my personality and regret.

The traffic police officer was actually somewhat impressed with my thought processes, as I took him through how I made my decision to do an illegal manoeuvre, with photos. Ultimately, it was an illegal move, with disregard to the Highway Code. But he could understand why I thought I had the opportunity, suggesting it were due to the inexperience to control the torque of the engine.

As I say I won't know for certain for ~2 weeks, but until then, I remain hopeful.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:57 PM

CLK W209
As for keeping it clean, that's a struggle. Usually it gets a wash/week. Funnily enough as I read your post in my mail this morning, on stepping out the door, the car was rained on, and due to the wind, lots of plant matter stuck all over.

The car doesn't tend to look too dirty, it is really only VERY noticeable to me, when the alloys collect the brake dust!

If the car is dusty, I usually just get the hose and rinse off. And go for a quick blast, all the water runs off, and it's shiny once again.

Quarterly clay/polish/wax, and I use autoglym aqua wax every other or third wash, just to maintain the protection and give it that lovely gloss.

Autoglym Aqua wax is a brilliant product for a reasonably durable top-up.
Spray on, rub in with the first microfibre, drying the car as you do so, then buff off with the final microfibre. Car is then clean and dry. Also works on side and rear windows to keep the water off. I do use it on the alloys too, as I haven't applied a proper wax to them since their refurb in January. However this product has done a great job of preventing tar and brake dust adhering to the finish, and again, often a rinse is all that's needed.

Don't know if it's available in the states, but I'm a great fan of its convenience.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 PM

Well, I hope for best pal! As I said earlier.. fingers crossed. We all do stupid mistakes. One thing I don't tolerate is cell phone use IN HAND while driving. No excuses for that.