CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Can I make my Exhaust sound More Aggressive?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK Coupe 200 Komp 53 Plate
Can I make my Exhaust sound More Aggressive?

Can I make it any deeper without changing the system or back box I have heard of resonators would this help any suggestions?

Neil
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Re: Can I make my Exhaust sound More Aggressive?

Originally posted by cliffybabe
Can I make it any deeper without changing the system or back box I have heard of resonators would this help any suggestions?

Neil
remove resonator and replace with a straight pipe...It will be loud....
Old 02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Yep, increases sound and responsiveness too! Did it to my E:

Old 02-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Banned

Unhappy I DID

I did.

Too aggressive. I got stopped by the cops 3 times in a month. But no ticket fortunately.

If you like a deeper and louder sound, seriously, consider to replace the aftermarket performance exhaust.
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209
Re: I DID

Originally posted by CANAUTO
I did.

Too aggressive. I got stopped by the cops 3 times in a month. But no ticket fortunately.

If you like a deeper and louder sound, seriously, consider to replace the aftermarket performance exhaust.
WOw you did, that sucks, where in La did the cops pull you over. Well good to hear that you didnt get a ticket..
Old 02-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Banned

Very Lucky

So lucky, I guess I was nice to the cop, so he said there was no room for him to write down 1 more violation and asked me to drive carefully?! - But I wasn't speeding at all, I was just waiting at the intersection for a green light. Motorcycle cops in LA, watch out, they can get you at any time. Oh... give me a break, too many tickets....
Old 02-25-2004, 02:41 PM

Sorry to sound dumb but what is a resonator is it he catalic converter?

Neil

Trending Topics

Old 02-25-2004, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Very Lucky

Originally posted by CANAUTO
So lucky, I guess I was nice to the cop, so he said there was no room for him to write down 1 more violation and asked me to drive carefully?! - But I wasn't speeding at all, I was just waiting at the intersection for a green light. Motorcycle cops in LA, watch out, they can get you at any time. Oh... give me a break, too many tickets....
A cop is going to give you a ticket because your car sound so loud after removing the resonator????? You gotta be kidding. Removing the resonator will NOT make your car sound louder when idling, the difference is specially noticable when you step on the gas.

Also, changing to a performance exhaust will sound milder than removing the resonator? This is really interesting.....
Old 02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
98 W210 Advantgarde
Re: Re: Very Lucky

Originally posted by Harris
A cop is going to give you a ticket because your car sound so loud after removing the resonator????? You gotta be kidding. Removing the resonator will NOT make your car sound louder when idling, the difference is specially noticable when you step on the gas.

Also, changing to a performance exhaust will sound milder than removing the resonator? This is really interesting.....
Hey! That's exactly what I was about to say......

I did both on my E, with a Sebring muffler and I'm still not happy that its loud enuf - ITS ALMOST SILENT ON IDLE

Is Canauto subtly trying to sell his stuff .....again!!!?????!.... LOL….. I've noticed this guy trying desperately to promote his company on several forums and on different boards...... I guess its Ok when a guy is trying to make a living but making inaccurate statements like that sure makes one wonder how much he knows about cars ......

Last edited by Whitey; 02-25-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:12 AM

I dont want ot mess up my 3 year warranty though, would changing the bac box do that?
Old 02-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Banned

Unhappy Forgot to mention

Oops, forgot to mention yesterday that I have the customized muffler. I am a bit regret and am considering to change to the Carlsson touring dual exhaust system IF they are selling it.