CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help, pls advise me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes clk270 w209
Unhappy Need help, pls advise me

I have clk 270 5 cylinder , when i accelerate in 3'rd gear or more it stops my engine . I checked the fuel injectors they are working well , also the fuel tank is clean .
Did somebody had the same problem , or can somebody help me how to fix the problem .
Thank in advance
Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
I learned something new - they made 5 cylinder engines. Somebody may know, but more detail might help. When you say "stops", do you mean it literally shuts down? If not, what does is it do exactly? If yes, does it start right away again? Does it drive normally in first and second? When you say "accelerate" do you mean accelerate hard or any acceleration at all? The more detail, the more likely somebody might pinpoint your problem.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:10 AM

Mercedes clk270 w209
Mr Yidney,
It shuts down the engine when i accelerate hard .
Yes it starts immediately normal, and it drives normally first and second gear ,also third and fourth , but if i accelerate hard again it shuts down my engine again.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK 500, yr 2005
What it is that causes your car to shut down is more than likely giving a Diagnostic Trouble Code: use a scan tool and check for DTC from your OBD II connection under the drivers dash board.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
What I know about about diesel engines would fit in a very small thimble. We don't have that engine in the US. There may be any number of things that might make a diesel shut down that I'm totally unaware of. Checking for codes is a good idea, but if there are not any, on a gas engine I'd wonder first about fuel delivery - clogged filter - or maybe a cam position sensor. It's odd for a car to completely shut down under one circumstance but run normally otherwise. But again, people who know diesels may have a simple answer. I asked you for more facts not because I thought I could answer your question, but to help somebody who might know. You could try posting on BenzWorld as well. My non-scientific impression is that forum has a higher percentage of members from outside the US.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:52 PM

Mercedes clk270 w209
Today i was in diagnostic , they said to me it has an error to system, " WHEN ACCELERATING HARD IT DELIVERS HIGH PRESURE FUEL FROM THE PIPE TO COMMON RAIL " for that reason stops the ENGINE. do you know how would i fix !?
Old 06-17-2016, 08:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 CLK 320
Originally Posted by Tichy
Today i was in diagnostic , they said to me it has an error to system, " WHEN ACCELERATING HARD IT DELIVERS HIGH PRESURE FUEL FROM THE PIPE TO COMMON RAIL " for that reason stops the ENGINE. do you know how would i fix !?
I don't think " WHEN ACCELERATING HARD IT DELIVERS HIGH PRESURE FUEL FROM THE PIPE TO COMMON RAIL " is an error, rather it is a description of what is supposed to happen. It's a common rail diesel.

Ask them for the actual code.

Also, I think you might find better information in the Diesel Engine subforum

https://mbworld.org/forums/diesel-forum-76/