CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Installing an Aux In for stock radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 CLK 320
Installing an Aux In for stock radio

I made a note in "What did you do to your CLK today" about an easy addition of an AUX-In to my car, and I got a couple of PMs about what I did.

So rather than bury it in that thread, here it is:

I used kit 2034401808 from ECS

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...FREDhgod4O0Enw

The new aux-in socket is installed on the RH wall of the interior of the glove box and the cable is routed down the A pillar to an existing connection at the bottom of the A pillar.

1. Remove plastic scuff plate on pass. door (need wide trim removal tool)
2. Remove footwell trim piece at bottom A pillar (one small Torx screw)
3. Find the sets of plugs and sockets on the edge of teh footwell, near the A pillar. There should be an empty white one.
4. Remove triangular trim piece on ouitside of glovebox (between glove box and A pillar.
5. There is a pre-cut hole in the RH wall of the glove box, towards the front. The disc is held on with a couple of tabs. Push out with screwdriver
6. Insert the black circular end of the cable.
7. Route the cable down the A pillar and plug the white end into the white socket noted in step 3.
8. Test system - you'll need a male-to-male 3.5mm cable and a phone/mp3 player. Either a short cable if you want to keep the player in the glovebox, or a longer one if you want the player near the center console. Access the AUX source by double pressing the CDC button on the radio
8. Replace all covers, when all is confirmed to be working.

Easy. So, easy that I didn't even take any pictures, but here are some from a W203 post a decade ago

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...layer-etc.html
Old 03-27-2017, 10:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 CLK320 Cabriolet W209 & 2011 BMW X3
I own an 05 CLK320 Cabriolet and my setup was different then the one from ECS. I checked the link you posted and the 05 CLK320 is not listed. The part that I used and which worked for me I got on ebay for about $8.00 (Same location as you placed yours)
Old 03-28-2017, 01:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 CLK 320
That's interesting.

Mine is an 05 cab also, and I was given the part number by a friend who had just installed it in his 05 coupe. Obviously our kit comes with a female 3.5mm socket and yours with a 3.5mm plugs.

But the white connection plug look different. Yours has 12 circuits and mine has only 4. I wonder how they are both connected unless there are 2 empty white sockets in the flooring.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CLK W209
I remember eventually finding a wiring diagram about the connector. I posted a thread on here somewhere, or had it included in part of my thread. But I basically used the diagram I found in order to wire an aux cable directly into the connector, soldering the wire to it. That way I didn't even have to buy the right connector, I could just solder it in.

I also then routed the cable under the carpet and up through the tunnel to the centre armrest, a position where it's much more accessible for everyone in the car.