CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)

Old 04-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CLK500, 2003 CLK55, 2008 CLK550
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Post some pics of it installed. I wanna see
Sorry for the quality, I took these during installation, and havent taken any since. The view point is very different, but you get the idea.

Before Install:

After Install:

Old 04-28-2017, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Interesting. I like the wider screen. That's quite a sizeable gap on top though.What version of android is it running?

Which dash kit is that? Fits well.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:17 PM

When you say "gap", do you just mean the screen doesnt fit all the way to the top? If so, I think its because they use the 8.8" screen in lots of applications, and then just make the bezel around it fit the dash. So it could be filled with more screen, but honestly, its huge as is and I dont think bigger would be much better.

By dash kit, do you mean the carbon fiber? If so, I have no idea as it came that way when I bought the car. Its not a "bad" kit, but it looks better in pictures than in person. For somebody that doesnt own the car, it looks great. Since I drive it daily, I notice the little imperfections. The installer didnt get everything straight and even. And, I dont like the carbon fiber rings around the vent and door handles.

Eh, it looks fine enough that I haven't done anything about it. However, I think I'd like to sell off the dash pieces (I dont want to remove that ****, its difficult!!) and buy new pieces to finish in carbon fiber wrap. This is literally a sticker, and its really thick. Im not a big fan, but its not the worst. Better than the wood look! Haha.

Edit: Android 4.4 Im probably going to update if I can. Or, as you mentioned, flash a custom ROM down the road.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Originally Posted by 91ser
When you say "gap", do you just mean the screen doesnt fit all the way to the top? If so, I think its because they use the 8.8" screen in lots of applications, and then just make the bezel around it fit the dash. So it could be filled with more screen, but honestly, its huge as is and I dont think bigger would be much better.

By dash kit, do you mean the carbon fiber? If so, I have no idea as it came that way when I bought the car. Its not a "bad" kit, but it looks better in pictures than in person. For somebody that doesnt own the car, it looks great. Since I drive it daily, I notice the little imperfections. The installer didnt get everything straight and even. And, I dont like the carbon fiber rings around the vent and door handles.

Eh, it looks fine enough that I haven't done anything about it. However, I think I'd like to sell off the dash pieces (I dont want to remove that ****, its difficult!!) and buy new pieces to finish in carbon fiber wrap. This is literally a sticker, and its really thick. Im not a big fan, but its not the worst. Better than the wood look! Haha.

Edit: Android 4.4 Im probably going to update if I can. Or, as you mentioned, flash a custom ROM down the road.
I am talking about the gap between the top of the unit and the UCP...at least there seems to be a gap in the pics

Yeah the dash kit looks pretty good...if you ask me.

And yeah if it's the processor I posted about then you can probably update it. 4.4 is getting pretty old at this point.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:14 PM

Ill post some better pics sometime. There is no gap, but I can see what you mean from the picture.

I mean, its not a "bad" dash kit. In most respects I would even call it good! Ha. But there are just a few things I dont like about it, and a few things the installer could have done better. That being said, Ill take the carbon fiber stickers over the wood grain any day!

I just havent been motivated to update it past 4.4, as I really just listen to pandora/spotify and use wave to navigate. Do you have any features that would push me to move up to 5.1 or 6.0?

I am talking about the gap between the top of the unit and the UCP...at least there seems to be a gap in the pics

Yeah the dash kit looks pretty good...if you ask me.

And yeah if it's the processor I posted about then you can probably update it. 4.4 is getting pretty old at this point.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Yeah, I might eventually get mine finished in carbon fiber, might match the rest of the car better.

Well, a lot of the apps will stop working for 4.4. If you don't use many apps then it doesn't really matter. There's an update for mine for Android 6, up from 5, and I think the only feature that would make it worth it is split screen....and overall quicker, smoother operation most likely. I'll probably update when the play store starts giving me issues for Android being too old
Old 05-01-2017, 05:38 PM

I forgot about split screen!! Hmm, could be nice to have music and nav up at the same time. Thanks for the reminder about that feature!

Yeah, I might eventually get mine finished in carbon fiber, might match the rest of the car better.

Well, a lot of the apps will stop working for 4.4. If you don't use many apps then it doesn't really matter. There's an update for mine for Android 6, up from 5, and I think the only feature that would make it worth it is split screen....and overall quicker, smoother operation most likely. I'll probably update when the play store starts giving me issues for Android being too old