CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK320 Cabriolet
Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)

Need to bypass the Harman/Becker fiber optical amp in back of car (adapters shown in Seicane 2) in order to install Seicane HU (adapters shown in Seicane Bypass). The connectors from H/B to Seicane do not match. I know the speaker cables coming from the Seicane bypass cord, but don't know the corresponding wire colors for speakers from old H/B cable, and, more importantly, need to know POWER wires from old H/B to connect to Seicane.
Anyone to help??? Thanks

Seicane HU
Attached Thumbnails Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)-seicane.bypass.jpg   Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)-seicane.2.jpg   Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)-old.amp.jpg   Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)-seicane.-spk.-wrs.jpg  

Last edited by jjedwards49; 04-17-2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 04-20-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 CLK 500
Are you sure they sent you the correct bypass cable ? call them and ask them to send you the right connector .
Old 04-20-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CLK500, 2003 CLK55, 2008 CLK550
I second irok.

When I got my head unit, they sent over three different cable combos, of which, only one worked. The other 2 combos must have been for different year/model of car. Did they send you any other wire packages?

I know that my clk500 with the bose had VERY different connectors compared to the Harmand/Kardon system.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:55 AM

GL450
Seicane is a horrible company. My 9" android head unit had a bad antenna adapter. The DVD player failed shortly after installation. Their only response is to keep giving me BS troubleshooting tips we've already exhausted or send it back to China for service. Now they won't even do that, not that I want a hole in my dash for 3 months. They're just telling me to get it repaired locally. Of course I can't, all I can do is replace the DVD player which I will and live with terrible radio reception. Will just have to stream which works. Even if you get all working parts from Seicane, which is doubtful, it's feeding the troll. Odds are you will have have some sort of hassle with them. Rennlist is littered with reports of bad CANBUS adapters,too. Would have been better of going Alpine from the beginning and probably will replace this POS in a year or two. Don't walk, RUN, from Seicane.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:31 PM

So, did you join this forum to soley bash Seicane?

-You joined this month of this year
-You have 2 posts
-Both are identical and bash Seicane

I'm not going to say Seicane is the best, most reputable company out there. However, I have a Seicane head unit as well that has had no failures up to this point. I am pretty satisfied with most of the unit so far, with the exception of a few small things that I haven't tried to fix yet.

However, for $500 which included a damn good stereo and the CANBUS, Id be willing to buy a couple of Seicane units before I went to an Alpine. Ive had Alpines and LOVED the sound and quality. But there is not a single Alpine that is custom made to fit in my cars location. I can buy adapters and whatnot, but the Seicane looks factory, and actually looks 100x better than the actual factory unit that came in it.

So, best product in the world? No. But is it bad enough to make somebody search and join a forum soley on the fact that the unit they got was bad? Hmmm.........
The following users liked this post:
Leej (11-06-2018)
Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM

GL450
Two service calls working on the antenna issue, one bench testing the DVD player, no mirrorlink software provided which is simply a fraud, yeah, I joined to tell my story. Bashing? Public service announcement. It's about time I had an account here anyway. I've owned half a dozen MB's over the years, GL450 in the garage is out of warranty now so it's forum time for that one. Back to Seicane, I don't have a problem with the product their selling. I have a problem with their products breaking or bad out of the box and getting zero customer service from them. They flat out told me to see my local shop for repairs. Unless you're a DIY guy that doesn't want swapping stuff out over and over again, it's not worth buying the inferior product. You pay more in the long run in actual dollars and infinitely more in nerves.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:37 PM

Again, Im not going to say Seicane is the "best ever". I knew that when I ordered, I was getting a cheap chinese product. No doubt, I think spending 5 minutes on their website should give you some idea that you are buying cheap, chinese products. So, you are correct, there will probably be a higher instance of broken products.

However, what is your classification of inferior? Ive bought Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, Onkyo, ect and have also had products that are DOA, have parts that fail, and also have had to do self-repairs on them. The problem is, I have no information on the % of those failures for each company. So for your story of failure, how many stories like mine exists of a product that works fine? My Seicane has been in for over 6 months, nothing has failed, and for the price, I couldnt have touched an Alpine or Pioneer with the same features. Although, the Alpine probably does have a lower DOA %. However, I have no data to back up that statement.

Now, for a DOA, why weren't you able to ship it back to them for a return? If this is something they did not allow you to do right away, I can understand your frustrations. You mention they said to take it to a local repair shop. I mean, besides sending it back to them, what else would you expect? Their company is located in China and they have no local presence in the USA. So, I guess I dont see many other options than send it back or get it fixed locally. However, if they flat out said you cant send it back, now I see a very legitimate complaint.

Now, for anybody wondering about Seicane, if you are wondering what their customer service is like..............LOOK AT THEIR WEBPAGE!!! Hahaha. Its terrible!! Their forum is terrible. Im sure if you email them, you will get broken English. I have 100% no doubt that what icspres is saying about the customer service is true!!! You do get what you pay for. And for a $500 deck, you wont get good help. If I could offer any advice, Id say make sure if you have any problems, send it back for a new unit rather than trying to troubleshoot one that doesnt work.

As for the antenna issue, I had the same issue on my Pioneer. What I found was the antenna is a powered antenna that needed a "start" signal before it works (similar to an amp, the remote signal). So I bought an aftermarket cheapy antenna (non-powered) and that seemed to do the trick.

Originally Posted by icspres
Two service calls working on the antenna issue, one bench testing the DVD player, no mirrorlink software provided which is simply a fraud, yeah, I joined to tell my story. Bashing? Public service announcement. It's about time I had an account here anyway. I've owned half a dozen MB's over the years, GL450 in the garage is out of warranty now so it's forum time for that one. Back to Seicane, I don't have a problem with the product their selling. I have a problem with their products breaking or bad out of the box and getting zero customer service from them. They flat out told me to see my local shop for repairs. Unless you're a DIY guy that doesn't want swapping stuff out over and over again, it's not worth buying the inferior product. You pay more in the long run in actual dollars and infinitely more in nerves.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 PM

GL450
You're just reconfirming everything I've said. If you have a failure with Seicane, you will eat it. If you need to swap things in and out, you will eat the labor. If you need some idea of the failure rate of their garbage, read rennlist. Half the CANBUS adapters they ship are DOA. Far better off buying a reputable unit from a reputable shop and getting proper warranty service and support.

Thanks for the tip on the antenna. I'll run it by my install shop and see what they say. Getting tired of paying $100 every time we try something new.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:20 PM

Well of course I'll reconfirm certain things, because some things you said are spot on!

However, and I quote, you said "Seicane is a horrible company" and "Don't walk, RUN, from Seicane. That is not a PSA, and I think it is completely wrong for many customers. For example, me. The Seicane radio had every feature I wanted, plus more options (like extra aux ins and outs) that I couldnt get in other decks. I also couldnt get the custom bezel that perfectly matches up to the stock interior. I also couldnt get a stand alone Android solution. For me, I spent months searching, and Seicane had the features I wanted, and for me, I was willing to take the chance of getting a product from China with no local service.

For example, if you came on here and said "Harbor Freight is a terrible company because I break their sockets when I use them". Now, I would agree that they sell cheap sockets and that they will break. It just so happens that its something I'm willing to chance, and if it does break, i can buy 10 more before I get to the price of 1 snap-on.

Its not that HF is a terrible company, but yes, certain products of theirs are terrible and not worth buying. If thats the case with the CANBUS that they sell, by all means, inform the public! Post links to threads on Renntech.

However, if I went on forums and judged solely by the complaints, I dont think anybody would ever buy a Cayman, Boxster or non-turbo 911 with the IMS issue. And you can use Rennlist for that very argument too. Not many people talk about the success of a product, but many will talk about the failures. So Im just on here to counter your story, and inform people that maybe Seicane isnt quite as terrible as maybe you have made it seem. I am happy with my product from them. And the next stereo I install on a CLK will most likely be another Seicane. Even tho Ive had Alpine, Pioneer, Sony ect, I still like the features of the Seicane. And the flexibility I have as a DIYer.

Also, I bought a PAC CANBUS adapter that was DOA. So its not like its simply not going to happen with other suppliers.

Im still interested in some of the questions I asked in my last post about the return problems you had. Because again, if they wouldnt let you return a bad product, that is an issue. Or, if its just that you dont want to pay for shipping back and wait for it, well, thats on you. If you buy a cheap chinese product, there will be DOA issues. And yes, the downside is sometimes you have to ship stuff back, wait a month, and spend money on shipping. Sorry, thats part of the chance you take with Seicane. So Id really like to hear more about the return process and why they havent sent you a new deck. Because that, above all the other things, would make me question buying from them again.

You're just reconfirming everything I've said. If you have a failure with Seicane, you will eat it. If you need to swap things in and out, you will eat the labor. If you need some idea of the failure rate of their garbage, read rennlist. Half the CANBUS adapters they ship are DOA. Far better off buying a reputable unit from a reputable shop and getting proper warranty service and support.

Thanks for the tip on the antenna. I'll run it by my install shop and see what they say. Getting tired of paying $100 every time we try something new.

Last edited by 91ser; 04-25-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:25 PM

I'll try to dig up a little more information for you. I forget which wires do what, because as I mentioned, I just bought an aftermarket antenna.

Here is a video of the "amplified" antenna for the CLK:

Sorry to hear about having to pay $100 to a shop every time. Id be frustrated too!! And I agree, the Seicane is a better DIY deck than a "plug and play" from other companies. It "can" be plug and play, but I feel there is, as you have seen, a higher percentage of issues that need to be straightened out. Some that are user based, some are seicane issues for sure. Haha.

The following users liked this post:
jjedwards49 (04-25-2017)
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 PM

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but honestly, the OP will probably have this issue as well, so may as well address it here.

Powered or Amplified antenna:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...-antennas.html

or

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...gnal-poor.html
Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by 91ser
Im still interested in some of the questions I asked in my last post about the return problems you had. Because again, if they wouldnt let you return a bad product, that is an issue. Or, if its just that you dont want to pay for shipping back and wait for it, well, thats on you. If you buy a cheap chinese product, there will be DOA issues. And yes, the downside is sometimes you have to ship stuff back, wait a month, and spend money on shipping. Sorry, thats part of the chance you take with Seicane. So Id really like to hear more about the return process and why they havent sent you a new deck. Because that, above all the other things, would make me question buying from them again.
This sums it up. Flat out refusal to provide me with the software I paid for. This is after they promised me once to send it and never did. They also promised some update for the DVD unit as a stall tactic, later told me there was no software update. Won't even let me buy a new DVD player and ship it to me and refund me upon return. This I actually don't mind considering I can pick up another 12v DVD player cheaper than the shipping, but just goes to show. My last attempt at customer service with them, and I don't mind posting the entire exchange over the antenna and DVD, and they're flat out refusing to support me in any way.

I'm sticking with SUCK company, RUN, don't walk, RUN. They don't deserve to be doing business here.

Hello please fix it at your local car repair shop.

Tina
Follow us on Facebook Twitter Youtube Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest

We are always trying our best to provide you the best service.If there is any questions,please let us know.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Seicane Team
www.seicane.com

Date: 2017-04-24 06:14
To: sales1@seicane.com
Subject: RE: RE: AutoReply: RE: RE: seicane limited: Shipment # 105272953 for Order # 105279803

My Cayenne has been in the body shop for a few months. I love my car. It's like new inside and out and the Seicane unit was supposed to be a dream. Listen, my DVD player is completely dead, has been since delivery. You never gave me the mirror link software and I want what I paid for. I want my DVD replaced. I'll be happy to give you a deposit, PAY for a new DVD player and you refund me when I send the dead unit back. But I want my DVD player and I want my mirrorlink software. I don't know what to even do about the antenna anymore. I can't leave a giant hole in my dash for months while I ship the unit back to China and I shouldn't have to pay all the labor to swap it in and out, so I'm just stuck and will just give up on the antenna issue if you JUST FIX THE OTHER ISSUES. PLEASE. I paid through paypal which isn't going to help me at all so I'm reduced to begging for what I paid for. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me.

Bob
President
ICS
(703)

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 188 Posts
CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
This sums it up. Flat out refusal to provide me with the software I paid for. This is after they promised me once to send it and never did. They also promised some update for the DVD unit as a stall tactic, later told me there was no software update. Won't even let me buy a new DVD player and ship it to me and refund me upon return. This I actually don't mind considering I can pick up another 12v DVD player cheaper than the shipping, but just goes to show. My last attempt at customer service with them, and I don't mind posting the entire exchange over the antenna and DVD, and they're flat out refusing to support me in any way.

I'm sticking with SUCK company, RUN, don't walk, RUN. They don't deserve to be doing business here.

Hello please fix it at your local car repair shop.

Tina
Follow us on Facebook Twitter Youtube Google+ LinkedIn Pinterest

We are always trying our best to provide you the best service.If there is any questions,please let us know.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Seicane Team
www.seicane.com

Date: 2017-04-24 06:14
To: sales1@seicane.com
Subject: RE: RE: AutoReply: RE: RE: seicane limited: Shipment # 105272953 for Order # 105279803

My Cayenne has been in the body shop for a few months. I love my car. It's like new inside and out and the Seicane unit was supposed to be a dream. Listen, my DVD player is completely dead, has been since delivery. You never gave me the mirror link software and I want what I paid for. I want my DVD replaced. I'll be happy to give you a deposit, PAY for a new DVD player and you refund me when I send the dead unit back. But I want my DVD player and I want my mirrorlink software. I don't know what to even do about the antenna anymore. I can't leave a giant hole in my dash for months while I ship the unit back to China and I shouldn't have to pay all the labor to swap it in and out, so I'm just stuck and will just give up on the antenna issue if you JUST FIX THE OTHER ISSUES. PLEASE. I paid through paypal which isn't going to help me at all so I'm reduced to begging for what I paid for. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me.

Bob
President
ICS
(703)

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.

I feel your pain but I can't say I agree.

These units can be had for around 350$ so I don't really see what you're complaining about. A top of the line Kenwood is about 800$ (nevermind the 1500$ MSRP) so that's over twice the price. If you bought the Kenwood you'd still have to send it back for repairs so no difference there. You can't expect VIP service for a Chinese unit you got for 300$. Also, who the hell still uses DVDs or mirror link software? What is this 2007? It's an ANDROID unit. It can do everything your phone does. Rip your DVDs and put them on an SD card or flash drive.

Also, let's not forget what your're really getting. You're getting Android in your car with pretty good hardware. You can install apps, run any bluetooth devices you want (OBD for example) etc etc. With the Kenwood, for example, you're getting 5 year old hardware, completely locked ROM you can'to do anything with. Great deal huh. Have you taken a look at other OEM units that run Android in the latest cars nowadays? They run hardware from 5 years ago as well and the dealer charges probably in the thousands for the system?

There's a lot of bashing of Android units going on and I don't think people are getting the right idea here...on this forum:

- Yes, you have to do your research on which one to buy. Look and READ here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...oid-head-units
- No they don't fail out the box more than other brands (at least in my experience). I am running 4 of them currently with 0 issues.
- Yeah they sound great, provided you don't buy some bootleg hardware. Yes, you will need external amplifiers to run your speakers.
- Yes, you have to know how to mess with Android to get them to work perfectly.
- No, you don't have to buy their antenna adapters or overpriced CAN adapters. Buy proven hardware from well known sources like pac-audio.com.
- Yes, you have to know how to hook them up. If you forget to hook up the power for the antenna amplifier and then complain about no radio reception, you're not very smart.
- No, you don't have to use their crappy GPS antennas and put them under your dashboard. Buy an antenna adapter and use the OEM antenna if your car had navigation.
- Yes, "pro audio" shops and installers are full of crap when they bash these units. How much profit margin do you think there is in a 300$ Chinese unit vs a 1500$ Kenwood? Right.
- No, neither the Chinese unit nor the Kenwood will run exactly like you want it to, unless you're good with electronics and coding to make things exactly the way you want them. Except you don't even get the chance with the more expensive, reputable units because they're...LOCKED.
- Yes, the external microphones that come with these units are worth 2 cents. If call quality worries you, get a decent microphone and wire it somewhere appropriately. I wired a much better mic to the stock location in my w209, used the same rubber mounts the stock mic had to cancel vibrations. Call quality is excellent.
- No, the DVR cameras you get with these units won't be on par with a 500$ Blackvue dash cam. If you want quality, spend the money.
- Yes, IF there is a hardware fault you will have to fix it locally. The units are too cheap to warrant shipping to China both ways to fix a 7$ DVD drive. Take it apart and fix it, or take it to somebody who can. It'll probably run you under 50$.
- I've dealt with 2 different manufacturers and support has been outstanding from both. They reply to emails quickly, offered bootleg software for free, offered experimental/beta ROMs etc.

So, in conclusion yeah, you have to do your homework and/or know what you are doing. If you don't want to, or are not experienced in this "field", then wait till Mercedes, or whatever car you have, introduces a system that's 7 years old -hardware wise - for 2500$ and get the car with it preinstalled. Your DVD drive will work perfectly, even when it comes out in 2025.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:49 AM

GL450
The 9 inch Android I have in my Cayenne did not cost $350. It costs almost twice that before the several accessories. It is also not the same as buying in Alpine at your local dealer and having them install it because a local dealer will stand behind their work in their products. Instead, I am paying for every bit of diagnostic work we do. I bought their most expensive unit with every possible option and spent probably just under a grand with them. I have also spent an extra couple hundred at least diagnosing their problems. I will pay more to replace the DVD player at least. And the antenna will never work. The unit is defective. Setting the record straight. I didn't buy this thing because it was cheap. I bought the unit because it was a perfectly fitted 9 inch full Android tablet. They are very, very close to a really cool product. They just need better quality control and any semblance of customer service or honor. The fact that they sell defective s*** and don't support it when it breaks, I again stand by my recommendation. Run, don't walk. Run.

Last edited by icspres; 04-26-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
The 9 inch Android I have in my Cayenne did not cost $350. It costs almost twice that before the several accessories. It is also not the same as buying in Alpine at your local dealer and having them install it because a local dealer will stand behind their work in their products. Instead, I am paying for every bit of diagnostic work we do. I bought their most expensive unit with every possible option and spent probably just under a grand with them. I have also spent an extra couple hundred at least diagnosing their problems. I will pay more to replace the DVD player at least. And the antenna will never work. The unit is defective. Setting the record straight. I didn't buy this thing because it was cheap. I bought the unit because it was a perfectly fitted 9 inch full Android tablet. They are very, very close to a really cool product. They just need better quality control and any semblance of customer service or honor. The fact that they sell defective s*** and don't support it when it breaks, I again stand by my recommendation. Run, don't walk. Run.
Well, you should've done your homework. Paying anything over 500$ for these units is madness. They go for much much lower than that usually and you SHOULD buy them precisely because they're cheap.

You don't seem to be experienced with electronics. Have somebody replace the DVD drive, it's probably standard and you can probably source it locally very cheap.

What's wrong with the antenna? Which antenna are you talking about?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 PM

GL450
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Well, you should've done your homework. Paying anything over 500$ for these units is madness. They go for much much lower than that usually and you SHOULD buy them precisely because they're cheap.

You don't seem to be experienced with electronics. Have somebody replace the DVD drive, it's probably standard and you can probably source it locally very cheap.

You're the guy posting without reading or fact checking, sad but true, pointing fingers just to be corrected time and again. Try finding me a similar 9" android head unit, or the Seicane unit available at lower than $600. I wanted the OBD2, rear cam, DVD player, mirrorlink, total invoice was about $900 I believe. Not sure what you mean by "probably standard" on the DVD drive. Is that one of the technical terms I seem to be lacking from my vocab? It's a 12v external with RCA outs. There are a "couple" on the market at about $30-35 that are sized about as you'd expect an external 5.25 enclosure so it'll fit in the glove where I've chosen to mount it. You could have looked that up like the price of the units before posting your contrary and uninformed opinion, but yeah, I've done the research and happy to post.

I'm not a car stereo guy, but as for electronics, started my career building literally thousands of computers and servers, then networking, data center, became a CCIE in '97, own a company that does high end cyber, neteng, systems and cloud for the federal gov't, far from tech illiterate. But I don't do car stereos. Got me there.

The antenna port on the Seicane is defective. Period. It's been tried with powered and unpowered, single antenna or dual with a Y adapter, results always the same. If you have anything actually helpful to post, love to hear it.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:54 PM

I paid over $500 as well ($550?), but I believe I have the same unit as icspres, with the 9" screen. You can get the "factory" looking ones for $350, but I LOVE the look of the 9" screen with zero factory buttons. Well worth the extra if you ask me.

Isnt Mirrorlink just a standard part of Android 5.1? What "software" do you need for mirrorlink? Or do you have a non-android phone? Im a little confused about this mirrorlink "software". Shouldnt it be in the android settings?

Yup, they mentioned they would buy a local dvd player because its cheaper than paying for the shipping from china. I believe they just included it in the order because stuff was already shipping, so why not include it. But Im just guessing here.

Honestly, the antenna dealio is not well documented. It took me a while of searching before I figured that issue out. And I would not consider myself an electronics newb, so I understand how easy that is to overlook. Also, before I found that fix, I just bought an unpowered universal antenna anyway. It doesnt get great reception, but i never listen to radio anyway, so meh.

Last edited by 91ser; 04-26-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:03 PM

Seicane 8.8" Screen

This is the one I have. Im guessing its the same or similar to icspres's deck as well. I really love the looks of this one over any of the other "factory" looking ones. I hate all the clutter of the stock looking buttons. This unit is just so much cleaner once installed.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
You're the guy posting without reading or fact checking, sad but true, pointing fingers just to be corrected time and again. Try finding me a similar 9" android head unit, or the Seicane unit available at lower than $600. I wanted the OBD2, rear cam, DVD player, mirrorlink, total invoice was about $900 I believe. Not sure what you mean by "probably standard" on the DVD drive. Is that one of the technical terms I seem to be lacking from my vocab? It's a 12v external with RCA outs. There are a "couple" on the market at about $30-35 that are sized about as you'd expect an external 5.25 enclosure so it'll fit in the glove where I've chosen to mount it. You could have looked that up like the price of the units before posting your contrary and uninformed opinion, but yeah, I've done the research and happy to post.

I'm not a car stereo guy, but as for electronics, started my career building literally thousands of computers and servers, then networking, data center, became a CCIE in '97, own a company that does high end cyber, neteng, systems and cloud for the federal gov't, far from tech illiterate. But I don't do car stereos. Got me there.

The antenna port on the Seicane is defective. Period. It's been tried with powered and unpowered, single antenna or dual with a Y adapter, results always the same. If you have anything actually helpful to post, love to hear it.
It's great you started you career piecing finished electronic components together, but, unfortunately you have no idea about electronics. When's the last time you opened up a piece of hardware and did some soldering? What no Cisco certifications in that? You're crying over a broken external USB/RCA DVD drive

You think "Seicane" designed and assembled their own DVD drive or do you think they used an off the shelf product that somebody else makes? Even better, do you think Seicane is even the manufacturer of these units at all or do you think they simply get purchased in bulk and get branded differently and sold at different price points? Price wise you have to know where to look. The cheapest I found is 360$...and guess what...you can get it even cheaper than that. I am confused though, you are so amazingly well off and can't afford the 50$ shipping back to China?...or even a brand new unit? What's 500$.

"The antenna port is broken" is a phrase a luddite would use. Which antenna? You get no radio reception? You get not GPS reception? "It's been tried with powered and unpowered," Powered and unpowered what? Adapters? Antenna amplifiers? Man, if only we could open the head unit up and check the radio board and make sure everything is attached and soldered correctly. I mean, certainly somebody who owns "a company that does high end cyber, neteng, systems and cloud for the federal gov't" could handle that much right?

Regardless, if you're so tech savvy, I am looking forward to you fixing the issue yourself, and posting a tutorial for other people that may have a similar problem in the future. That's what forums are for, not for bolstering your e-ego . Even better, get another external DVD drive for your 80's music, install an app that streams radio and move on with your life...or ship the unit back to China so they can fix it.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
I paid over $500 as well ($550?), but I believe I have the same unit as icspres, with the 9" screen. You can get the "factory" looking ones for $350, but I LOVE the look of the 9" screen with zero factory buttons. Well worth the extra if you ask me.

Isnt Mirrorlink just a standard part of Android 5.1? What "software" do you need for mirrorlink? Or do you have a non-android phone? Im a little confused about this mirrorlink "software". Shouldnt it be in the android settings?

Yup, they mentioned they would buy a local dvd player because its cheaper than paying for the shipping from china. I believe they just included it in the order because stuff was already shipping, so why not include it. But Im just guessing here.

Honestly, the antenna dealio is not well documented. It took me a while of searching before I figured that issue out. And I would not consider myself an electronics newb, so I understand how easy that is to overlook. Also, before I found that fix, I just bought an unpowered universal antenna anyway. It doesnt get great reception, but i never listen to radio anyway, so meh.
Interesting, can you post some pics of the unit you have? I was seriously considering it before I went with Joying. I thought it would look good but did not like the older processor/hardware in general.

Price wise - these units are manufactured by the same people and plenty of resellers slap their ROMs on them and charge different prices. Buy a cheap one, install a custom ROM, done. The unit you have is probably MTCB? What Android version is it running?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:52 PM

Post #18. I dont have any current pictures of it installed if thats what you want. Let me know and I can snap some shots.

Interesting, can you post some pics of the unit you have? I was seriously considering it before I went with Joying. I thought it would look good but did not like the older processor/hardware in general.

Price wise - these units are manufactured by the same people and plenty of resellers slap their ROMs on them and charge different prices. Buy a cheap one, install a custom ROM, done. The unit you have is probably MTCB? What Android version is it running?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:06 PM

Who pissed in your cheerios this morning?

Seriously?!?! Ive been soldering most of my life. From race cars, to stereos, to motherboards and video cards to do voltage mods for overclocking. Even with my background, I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST SOMEBODY DO THIS TO A NEW UNIT!!!!!

First off, as soon as you open a new unit, the warranty is gone. And thats just not smart. Second, there is no guarantee that when you open it that any of the solder joints are bad. It could also be a component such as a capacitor (which yes, ive had to replace on my onkyo). Third, sometimes a broken solder joint is extremely hard to see, and has to simple be resoldered to be sure. Which, I am not going thru the entire board to check the work.

When you get a defective product, you send it back. If I bought a new Xbox and it was DOA, I would NEVER suggest opening it, even with my background. Send it back!! If you get a new LG tv, DOA, dont open it, send it back. If you get a new Seicane thats DOA, you are suppose to open it up and check the solder joints? Nope, follow the above advice such as other products and send it back.

There is no point in challenging this persons background or skills. It is not his job to fix a defective product.

Also, I think its pretty obvious he meant radio antenna.

So, are you claiming he broke his radio antenna on purpose because he believes that using it will replace his job as an.........antenna? Or maybe Luddite is used in different respects in the 21st century?

It's great you started you career piecing finished electronic components together, but, unfortunately you have no idea about electronics. When's the last time you opened up a piece of hardware and did some soldering? What no Cisco certifications in that? You're crying over a broken external USB/RCA DVD drive
Old 04-26-2017, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216

Seriously?!?! Ive been soldering most of my life. From race cars, to stereos, to motherboards and video cards to do voltage mods for overclocking. Even with my background, I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST SOMEBODY DO THIS TO A NEW UNIT!!!!!

First off, as soon as you open a new unit, the warranty is gone. And thats just not smart. Second, there is no guarantee that when you open it that any of the solder joints are bad. It could also be a component such as a capacitor (which yes, ive had to replace on my onkyo). Third, sometimes a broken solder joint is extremely hard to see, and has to simple be resoldered to be sure. Which, I am not going thru the entire board to check the work.

When you get a defective product, you send it back. If I bought a new Xbox and it was DOA, I would NEVER suggest opening it, even with my background. Send it back!! If you get a new LG tv, DOA, dont open it, send it back. If you get a new Seicane thats DOA, you are suppose to open it up and check the solder joints? Nope, follow the above advice such as other products and send it back.

There is no point in challenging this persons background or skills. It is not his job to fix a defective product.

Also, I think its pretty obvious he meant radio antenna.

So, are you claiming he broke his radio antenna on purpose because he believes that using it will replace his job as an.........antenna? Or maybe Luddite is used in different respects in the 21st century?
Post some pics of it installed. I wanna see

Obviously you would never open a unit under warranty...But really...you think something you bought from China has a warranty??? . These units are very simple, and judging from countless threads on other forums it boils down to the antenna not being connected at all, bad solder joints or bad radio board altogether. If sending it back is not an option he needs to fix it, which should be easy with his "background", which he brought up, not me. No, instead he chooses to complain. He got plenty of suggestions on how to fix his complaints from my posts alone.

Luddite is indeed used differently. Also, the unit has 2 antenna ports, you need to be specific. Sometimes, these units have issues with GPS as well, not just radio reception.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:53 PM

GL450
Interwebs are full of people we'd rather not know. I'm done with the guy. Said what I needed to say here.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK55 W209, CL63 W216
Interwebs are full of people we'd rather not know. I'm done with the guy. Said what I needed to say here.
No, tell us again how terrible Seicane is. Your contributions are much appreciated

For anyone else who has a head unit (seicane or other resellers) with the R16 CPU check out http://red-mod.ru/forum for mods, ROMs etc...Might have useful info.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need Power to Seicane (COMAND replacement)