CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

got some Info on Kleemann CLK500 SUpercharger.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2004 | 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
got some Info on Kleemann CLK500 SUpercharger.

It costs 12500 US with installation, Here's the letter from representetive of kleemann which was sent to me.

USA cars differ from European spec. vehicles, specifically the ECU of the vehicle. Because the European market gets what is equivalent to 95 octane fuel, they are able to run more timing advance, and thus, the euro. cars make more power. As you can see, it's only about a 15 HP difference, which can be made up with our ECU upgrade ($1000.00). Our ECU upgrade will add another 15-20 HP with similar torque gains. The ECU is speficially designed to work with the KLEEMANN kompressor system, and your top speed limiter will be raised to 187 MPH. We call this stage 2 kompressor tuning. It is possible to get more than 500 HP with stages 3 and 4, and we also offer limited slip differential conversions, which will reduce performance times. 0-100 km/h should be in the high 4-second range, 4.8 to 4.9 and the quarter mile should pass in the low 13 second to high 12 second range, depending on traction conditions. Trap speed should be in the 100-105 MPH range.
Please let me know if you have any questions about stages 2,3 or 4, or our LSD conversion kits.

I do not understand why 0-100 and 1/4 looks so slow, No traction to the ground? STOCK CLK55 was tested 4.6 0-100 and 13.2 i belive with 105 mph? so i guess all that supercharge power is usefull 120 mph +??? Dunno i would be much intrested in better 0-100 0-200 km/h times especially in Canada where there is no autobahns to go over 300 km/h.

What do you think guys?

I also have pricelists for brakes suspension, if anyone intrested i can e-mail it or smth...
Old 04-23-2004 | 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are alot of Kleemann owners on this board. Their SC systems absoultely rock. You don't necessarily see staggerring leaps in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times because off the line traction is severely limited by the tires you can put on. If all you care about is doing standing start 1/4 miles, I guess it matters. That being said, the additional hp and torque is completely usable and will transform your sedate CLK5000 into an absolute beast. You can aklways do some csutom work to get wider tires if you want.
Old 04-23-2004 | 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally posted by Sleestack
There are alot of Kleemann owners on this board. Their SC systems absoultely rock.
Can someone make a review....i'm seriously considering putting it.... and wanna hear it from the owners. Thats what i though, But i bet it kicks *** from a rolling start tho...
Old 04-23-2004 | 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am a Kleemann owner so I was kind of giving my review as well.
Old 04-23-2004 | 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I am a Kleemann owner so I was kind of giving my review as well.

How about 100-200 km/h acceleration how fast is it?

Is Your car faster than E55?

Tell me more about it
Old 04-23-2004 | 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My car is a bit different because it has been with Evosport for the past 18 months being converted into a 6.3 liter Kleemann Supercharged CLK. We expect it to put out close to 700 hp.

That being siad, I did drive it with a Kleemann SC for several months prior to this round of tuning. The kleemann system is going to make your car a beast, especially from a rolling start. You will be feathering the throttle just to keep your car cruising at normal highway speeds and any heavy footed action will send your car hurling past your surroundings. I think you will be extremely satisfied with the reults from 100kph to 200 kph. I wish I could give you more concrete performance numbers, however, I never ran any 1/4 mile tests with my car. I had it dyno'd plenty of times and the hp and torque numbers were definitely there.

Your car is lighter than an E55 so you might be faster, however, keepin mind that the E55 is also supercharged, has .5 liter more displacement and is seemingly underrated by the factory. I do believe you will be running pretty tight with the E55, however, I don't know for sure. You will certainly be faster than 99% of the cars on the road and probably about as fast as you want a CLK to go.
Old 04-23-2004 | 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Do you think limited slip differential would help to improve the traction and times?

And how are you planning to put 700 hp to the ground? With 700 hp I assume there will be a lot more traction problems

I'm new to CLK, is there any widebodies for it on the market?
Old 04-26-2004 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
BUMP, and another question...

How bad does supercharger affect the consumption?

Is it possible to drive the car in the winter? and/or Switch power off?

Will i need better brakes?
Old 04-26-2004 | 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm really not sure how an LSD would affect performance on these cars. I do know that wider tires would definitely help. My car is having custome fender flare work done to fit a much wider setup (trying for 305s or 315s). I don't know if there are widebody kits for the W209. We are just modifying a Lorinser DTM F1 kit. It won't be 700 to the ground. That will be at the crank.

As for consumption. Ifyou are heavy footed and at wide open throttle, you will notice increased fuel consumption. I was getting about 10 mpg and expect tot get a bout 7mpg once the 6.3 liter conversion is complete.... but I drive very heavy footed.

I would highly advise a brake and suspension upgrade.

I don't think you can switch off the SC for the winter. Nevertheless, you can get the car to behave quite normally by not applying excessive throttle.
Old 04-26-2004 | 07:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I'm really not sure how an LSD would affect performance on these cars. I do know that wider tires would definitely help. My car is having custome fender flare work done to fit a much wider setup (trying for 305s or 315s). I don't know if there are widebody kits for the W209. We are just modifying a Lorinser DTM F1 kit. It won't be 700 to the ground. That will be at the crank.

As for consumption. Ifyou are heavy footed and at wide open throttle, you will notice increased fuel consumption. I was getting about 10 mpg and expect tot get a bout 7mpg once the 6.3 liter conversion is complete.... but I drive very heavy footed.

I would highly advise a brake and suspension upgrade.

I don't think you can switch off the SC for the winter. Nevertheless, you can get the car to behave quite normally by not applying excessive throttle.

Thanks alot i apriciate your help!!!

So basicly if i drive normally i shouldnt get 10 mpgs

Last question reliability?.... what do you think, how long would that set up last untill i run into problems with supercharger or the engine?

Thank for all your answers again, I already found kleemann representetives in Montreal, and most likely will do all the modifications there after the summer.
Old 04-27-2004 | 12:50 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by BoBcanada
Do you think limited slip differential would help to improve the traction and times?
From what i understand from Kleemann LSD will help cut down the slipage of tires and give you i believe a 40/60 traction. IMO LSD should be a must when you do the Kleemann kompress kit. I'm in the process of doing the stage 3 and maybe 4 just doing a little more homework.
Old 04-28-2004 | 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Last question reliability?.... what do you think, how long would that set up last untill i run into problems with supercharger or the engine?

Thank for all your answers again, I already found kleemann representetives in Montreal, and most likely will do all the modifications there after the summer.
Old 04-28-2004 | 07:09 PM

2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 500
dunno the answer..but..damn..i wish I had enough money for a super charger lol
Old 04-29-2004 | 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
bump

what do you think, how long would kleemann supercharger last on CLK 500 untill i run into problems with supercharger or the engine?
Old 04-29-2004 | 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I think I recall seeing Lucas indicate that on his current V8 (perhaps it is a V12 and I'm forgetting) he has over 70k miles.