CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 320
New brakes

Well, got done with the C32 brake install with Porterfield pads and Stoptech S/S lines. To tell you the truth, I don't feel that much difference than stock. Was expecting during normal braking with normal pressure I would be stopping sooner. Was I wrong to think that? Anyways, haven't had the opportunity to really push my brakes so maybe they will have some benefit from high speeds. My experience differs from the 203 people, are their stock rotors different? Or can something be adjusted to make the pedal firmer? I am happy with the Porterfield pads though, no more nasty brake dust. I am really too lazy/busy to be cleaning my wheels every week or less even.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Calboy, where did you get your brakes? I need a new set...
Old 05-11-2004, 11:18 AM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
So brake dust has lesson dramatically? I have to clean my rims after everytime I drive my car when I get home! These factory brake pads give off too much brake dust. I'm in need of new brakes anyway, so I would like to get pads that don't generate a lot of brake dust.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:23 PM

2003 CLK 320
I got the brakes from a private seller but there is a better deal at the other c class forum. In any case, the brakes are much improved after a hundred or so miles. I guess this is because originally the rotors surface had tiny ridges from the machine surfacing so there was less contact with the pads. After this wore through to be smooth, there wasa a concomitant improvement in brake feel. As for dust, there really isn't that nasty black stuff. There is a thin light coat after a couple weeks that is barely noticeable. Now I don't have to worry about brake dust between washings and it made cleaning the wheels a lot easier. Definitely recommend these pads.