CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Phone Mount - Nice One I Found

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 CLK350 COUPE AMG SPORT
Phone Mount - Nice One I Found

Note: I have no affiliation with the seller and do not receive any financial gain from the sale of this item.

I was looking for a nice phone mount for my 2009 CLK350, and I stumbled across a seller on ebay who offered a really nice set up.

It came in a color that matched my interior almost perfectly, leaves not trace if you remove it, and looks almost factory and keeps my phone very handy.

Seller is kudausa (Ebay) and the product is below. I am currently using double sided adhesive until I decide to screw down the phone cradle to the holder. They have other colors and the shipping is super fast! First one came damaged and they sent the replacement before asking for the damaged product back. (they paid shipping both ways.) The whole setup was $60.

Sorry the photo is sideways...it was straight in my album, but rotated when posted.

Just thought I would share.

Mods: if this is against the rules, please delete.
Attached Thumbnails Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-mount-1.jpg  
Old 09-18-2017, 05:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2009 CLK 350
nice cradle..

ive got the same interior..Stone.
Couldn't find Kudausa on Ebay.
The following users liked this post:
blackduc1 (09-18-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by daking1959
ive got the same interior..Stone.
Couldn't find Kudausa on Ebay.

My bad...wrong name...correct name is http://myworld.ebay.com/kudausa.

Great guy and a really nice product!!
Old 10-02-2017, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clk550
Looks nice, is it easy to remove the phone? How exactly does it work?
Old 10-03-2017, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by w209socal
Looks nice, is it easy to remove the phone? How exactly does it work?
The mount is designed with 2 tabs; One fits between the carpet seam in the passenger foot well, and the other fits between the wood trim on the console.

Insert one tab into the carpet seam, then bend that tab as you align it up to the dash. Both tabs are coated with a non-scratch material.

Once lined up, you just push the device into place. It is easy to adjust the position, and you can remove and start over if you didn't get the placement you like on the first try.

Once positioned, you attach a swivel base with double sided tape. He provides 2 pieces, so you can remount if you placed it too high or too low. Optionally, 4 screws are provided if you want to really lock it down. The screws only penetrate the device, not the car, so no permanent holes in the dash.

There is a friction screw to adjust the tension on the swivel mount. Then attach the phone holder and your done.

It looks factory installed once in place, and it is only a few inches from the shifter, so it's close at hand and you don't have to take your eyes off the road if you use SIRI.

My first one was damaged in transit; he sent a replacement the same day and paid return shipping. Just an honest guy who is a perfectionist about his products.

I can take more photos after work if you would like. Just let me know.

Thanks,

blackduc1
Attached Thumbnails Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed.jpg   Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-2.jpg  
Old 10-03-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by blackduc1
The mount is designed with 2 tabs; One fits between the carpet seam in the passenger foot well, and the other fits between the wood trim on the console.

Insert one tab into the carpet seam, then bend that tab as you align it up to the dash. Both tabs are coated with a non-scratch material.

Once lined up, you just push the device into place. It is easy to adjust the position, and you can remove and start over if you didn't get the placement you like on the first try.

Once positioned, you attach a swivel base with double sided tape. He provides 2 pieces, so you can remount if you placed it too high or too low. Optionally, 4 screws are provided if you want to really lock it down. The screws only penetrate the device, not the car, so no permanent holes in the dash.

There is a friction screw to adjust the tension on the swivel mount. Then attach the phone holder and your done.

It looks factory installed once in place, and it is only a few inches from the shifter, so it's close at hand and you don't have to take your eyes off the road if you use SIRI.

My first one was damaged in transit; he sent a replacement the same day and paid return shipping. Just an honest guy who is a perfectionist about his products.

I can take more photos after work if you would like. Just let me know.

Thanks,

blackduc1

Here are a few more shots...decided to go for a quick break, because...well work sucks. Sorry about the sideways pictures, they always load like that, and I don't know why?
Attached Thumbnails Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-3.jpg   Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-4.jpg   Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-5.jpg   Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-6.jpg   Phone Mount - Nice One I Found-phone-installed-7.jpg  

Old 10-03-2017, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clk550
Originally Posted by blackduc1
Here are a few more shots...decided to go for a quick break, because...well work sucks. Sorry about the sideways pictures, they always load like that, and I don't know why?
Really appreciate that, going to pull the trigger. Best one i've seen so far
The following users liked this post:
blackduc1 (10-03-2017)