CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A little help please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 350
A little help please

M

Last edited by Derek Likos; 04-23-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500
I had the exact MAF issues for 6 months. Changed the MAF 3x and then the prob went away when I tossed my 55k intake with k&n’s. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe the intake wasn’t sitting snug.....
Old 04-22-2018, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 133 Posts
2012 C300 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by Derek Likos
I know theres alot of threads out there about this but i just want to bash this company real quick and say F@$% THEM, i bought there air filters, had them in my car for less than 100 miles. Noticed a little idle problems so i switched back to paper. Today i went for a drive ( with the paper filters ) i came to a stop and my car started to rattle and all of the warning lights came on, i quickly pressed on the gas and zoomed home afraid of stalling, right when i was about to turn the car of the CEL came on. Im almost positive its because of my MAF sensor, i have the spray but cant get the damn thing off, would it be okay for me to spray it without taking it off? Im really pissed off, i had them on for less than 100 miles, they even made a video "proving" that oil doesn't get into the system, they are f@#$ing lying out their asses. I really believed them and shouldnt have. I found some MAFs from bosch for 80 bucks, should i just replace it? And will my CEL go off or do i have to delete the code.
Which company? I only use MANN Filters which is OEM for MB.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:48 PM

Clk 350
Originally Posted by lowpost
I had the exact MAF issues for 6 months. Changed the MAF 3x and then the prob went away when I tossed my 55k intake with k&n’s. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe the intake wasn’t sitting snug.....
where yiu able to drive the car? Im afraid too
Old 04-22-2018, 06:53 PM

Clk 350
Originally Posted by xsever
Which company? I only use MANN Filters which is OEM for MB.
k&n, they are gsrbage, i went back to paper filters within 100 miles and out of no where my car tried to stall on me ( all of the lights came on ) i quickly pressed on the throttle and all warning lights went away, i raced home as quick as possible and as soon as i pulled into my drive way the CEL came on. Im afraid to drive it now, i dont know if its gonna break down on me
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Clk 350
and what do you mean 55k intake? And did yiu take it somewhere amd they told you that you needed a new intake
Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 AM

Clk 350
If someone could help out on what i should do it would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-23-2018, 06:15 PM

Clk 350
is this the code that you got that made you have to get a new intake manifold?
Old 04-23-2018, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Originally Posted by Derek Likos
k&n, they are gsrbage, i went back to paper filters within 100 miles and out of no where my car tried to stall on me ( all of the lights came on ) i quickly pressed on the throttle and all warning lights went away, i raced home as quick as possible and as soon as i pulled into my drive way the CEL came on. Im afraid to drive it now, i dont know if its gonna break down on me
I've used K&N filters for 5+ years w/o issues. I have cleaned and re-oiled them twice. Vacuumed the loose stuff from them at each oil change. If it is affecting your MAF sensor, it could be due to too much oil in the filter. When I clean and lube mine I use the spray lube, let it set for a couple hours, use a vacuum (wet vac) on them for about 10 minutes. I suction the air input side of the filter. Let them set in front of a fan for a couple hours, suction again, then install.

You should not have to remove the MAF to clean the sensor. If you look into the MAF you will see a small seemingly glass enclosed reddish device toward the driver side. I believe that is the sensor and you can spray it through the screen. The MAF cleaner spray evaporates pretty quickly. Give it a couple shots of spray. The sensor should look clear and you should be able to see the red (I think) internal device through the clear covering. Wait a couple minutes and give it a couple more shots. I also spray the MAF sensor at each oil change.