CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk w209 cabrio mod

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209 cabrio
Clk w209 cabrio mod

Hello! Iam mike from Portugal, and new owner of one clk 200 w209 convertible, i want to do some mods, one is get the prior design pd63 body kit, i have one question?,Anyone have done this mod ? I just went to the bodyshop and the guys are telling me they not sure how to do the dual exaust system since my car just have one tip, and other thing is, under the car i have the place to put the spare wheel(idont know the name of it) and when instaled the rear bumber that is going to be easily seen or noticeable? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2018, 09:58 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Hi Mguel, welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile. List your specific car model and year, and add your country as location. This will appear on the left panel, below your name, on all your posts and will get you better information.

I can;t help with the Prior Designs kit information, but I can tell you that adding dual exhaust to a W209 cabriolet is not easy, due to the extra stiffening in the chassis. There are some options. The easiest would be to "fake" the second exhaust outlet. It won't be functional, but will look correct. Another option is to use an aftermarket muffler with dual outputs and route the second output "inside" the bumper to the other side. Of course you could always remove the spare tire well and then you'd have plenty of room for a true dual-exhaust setup.

There have been others on the forum that have done this, so search the forum for more details.