CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK500 Cabriolet
Question Bluetooth

I am sure this has been answered, but I am new to the MBWorld and would like to get/pair my phone to the 2005 CLK500 I just purchased. I have seen many options but not sure where my car fits into them. I have a spot in the glove compartment but there is no bluetooth option in setting, any thoughts?
Old 12-30-2018, 11:29 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others to give you better information. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

The factory cell phone interface was a rare and expensive option. Note that the option for "cell phone pre-wiring" is just a piece of wire and not the interface. The interface itself is $1000 in (hard to find) parts plus a labor. It's based on an old, proprietary analog cellular connection for specific Nokia and Motorola phones. To get Bluetooth, there is a puck that plugs in an all settings are on it. This puck talks Bluetooth to your phone, and emulates an old analog phone to the car.

Look in the center console for the MHI plug (see example below). If you have this, then you need a "puck". If not, then there are some options like the Grom interface, or better yet, replace the radio with an aftermarket head unit that offers modern features.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLS450, W108 280SEL, 2009 CLK550, Sold: 2012 E63 PP, 2017 Silverado, 2016 Cayenne GTS, 2005 911
Rodney's the guy to know and has helped me a ton in the past. I will just add that the puck's can be hard to find and while we were lucky to have one in our 2009 CLK550 when we bought it used, it's really starting to act up. I am considering just buying one of these speaker's that clip to your visor and is essentially a speaker phone that talks to your mobile phone. My neighbor has one and while not an OEM fix, it's an option to get BT into the older cars without BT technology. Below is a link to what i'm looking at, it's $55.

Amazon Amazon