CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

ABS Light, Speedometer, Tight Steering - What do they have in common?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 500
Exclamation ABS Light, Speedometer, Tight Steering - What do they have in common?

I’m new, thank you for allowing me to join. Located in Sarasota/FL. White/Black CLK500 Cabriolet.

My 2005 Clk 500 convertible had a issue develop. All at once my speedometer quit, fuel numbers went to zero, steering became tight, ABS light is on, Brake symbol for service came on and the display screen says it faulty. Check Engine light is on, Code is P0600. Less then a week ago, the valve covers were removed with new gaskets installed. Fuel line was disconnected but reattached with no issues. Mechanically the car is running fine with the exception of the heavy steering.

I appreciate any help as this problem was no existent and within a minute all these errors occurred. Brakes are fine, no work has happened at the wheels/sensors. Car has sat for several days, same problem when I restart it.

Thanks

Last edited by Driccio62; 03-13-2019 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 03-13-2019, 10:46 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Could be a voltage problem. Since the steering is heavy, maybe the power steering pump is not working well, which could be that the serpentine belt is dragging, which could also affect the alternator.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2020 GLC 43 AMG SUV; 2020 Audi Q8 55 Prestige; 2005 CLK55 AMG Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Driccio62
I’m new, thank you for allowing me to join. Located in Sarasota/FL. White/Black CLK500 Cabriolet.

My 2005 Clk 500 convertible had a issue develop. All at once my speedometer quit, fuel numbers went to zero, steering became tight, ABS light is on, Brake symbol for service came on and the display screen says it faulty. Check Engine light is on, Code is P0600. Less then a week ago, the valve covers were removed with new gaskets installed. Fuel line was disconnected but reattached with no issues. Mechanically the car is running fine with the exception of the heavy steering.

I appreciate any help as this problem was no existent and within a minute all these errors occurred. Brakes are fine, no work has happened at the wheels/sensors. Car has sat for several days, same problem when I restart it.

Thanks
Similar happened to my '05 CLK55 at 78K miles. Ultimately I needed to replace the ABS Module - ended-up buying a new one (~$1,300) after attempting a rebuild; MB sells an updated version now.