CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help! My CLK is a mess

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209
Help! My CLK is a mess

I have a 2007 CLK350. The drivers side door control module went bad. I called a local Mercedes dealership to order a new one but they do not recognize my VIN. I called MBUSA and they cannot find my VIN either (I sent them a picture of the VIN directly from the car and the title). My states Motor Vehicle and my insurance recognizes the VIN as a Mercedes but for some odd reason Mercedes doesn't. I am waiting for a call back from them. I wouldn't be too worried about the VIN but the the door control module has to be programmed by the VIN...ugh. So since Mercedes cant find my VIN I had a local mechanic look at it. He took the door apart to see if the DCM had any corrosion but it was good. After he put the panel back, both my back windows went down about an inch. He said lets unhook your battery for a few hours, maybe everything will reset.....2 hours later I reconnected the battery. Now both back windows are down about 3 inches and neither control will put them up. I understand that the drivers side back window wont go up until I get a new DCM for that side, but why would the back passenger side window not go up either? The front passenger side window works fine. Anyone have an experience like this and cold possibly offer me some guidance, I would be forever grateful. TIA PS....I took fuses #32 &33 out to reset the windows but it did nothing.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:27 PM

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts
2023 E450 AT, 1996 S420, (sold) 2004 CLK320 Convertible (v8, 6 speed)
Hello Michelle, post your VIN so I can check what is going on with it. I'm not 100% sure but I think that door modules are not VIN-coded (I may be wrong). I can double check later today. Did anyone tried to rear error codes from door modules?
Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Where did you buy the car? Did the car have any records when you bought it? Post your vin number!
Old 06-16-2019, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLK 350 Coupe
I have the same issue with my windows
Old 06-16-2019, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
You probably have but.... did you try the switches in the back?
Old 06-16-2019, 09:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Michelle Roy
I have a 2007 CLK350. The drivers side door control module went bad. I called a local Mercedes dealership to order a new one but they do not recognize my VIN. I called MBUSA and they cannot find my VIN either (I sent them a picture of the VIN directly from the car and the title). My states Motor Vehicle and my insurance recognizes the VIN as a Mercedes but for some odd reason Mercedes doesn't. I am waiting for a call back from them. I wouldn't be too worried about the VIN but the the door control module has to be programmed by the VIN...ugh. So since Mercedes cant find my VIN I had a local mechanic look at it. He took the door apart to see if the DCM had any corrosion but it was good. After he put the panel back, both my back windows went down about an inch. He said lets unhook your battery for a few hours, maybe everything will reset.....2 hours later I reconnected the battery. Now both back windows are down about 3 inches and neither control will put them up. I understand that the drivers side back window wont go up until I get a new DCM for that side, but why would the back passenger side window not go up either? The front passenger side window works fine. Anyone have an experience like this and cold possibly offer me some guidance, I would be forever grateful. TIA PS....I took fuses #32 &33 out to reset the windows but it did nothing.
Werd means "I agree," not "Weird."