CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is this the intelligent air conditioning button?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209
Is this the intelligent air conditioning button?

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I have a carbon filter inside my clk cabin. I know from reading forums that cars with intelligent air conditioning system have an carbon filter inside the cabin and others just have one filter above the battery. Is this button of which picture was added the button for the intelligent air conditioning system meaning I have a carbon filter which I can change? Thanks.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 CLK 350
I have that button and this is the first I've heard of the intelligent air conditioning... all I know is that when it is active, the air works incredibly harder to cool the cabin. I was under the impression it meant it was going through a carbon filter, so maybe I do have intelligent air conditioning.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk w209
Originally Posted by Monty3038
I have that button and this is the first I've heard of the intelligent air conditioning... all I know is that when it is active, the air works incredibly harder to cool the cabin. I was under the impression it meant it was going through a carbon filter, so maybe I do have intelligent air conditioning.
Hello, yes that's what I was thinking. It means then that I have the carbon filter there which can be changed. I know that if there is no what ever you call it, means you don't have the carbon filter to change.

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
Originally Posted by Monty3038
I thought that button shut off taking in outside air and recirculated the cabin air through the charcoal filter. I believe the intent was to eliminate external bad smells (say you're in slow traffic in a tunnel with road kill, or passing a paper mill or animal slaughter plant, or whatever you think stinks).