CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W209 Recall.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 07:51 AM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
2014 E350 Sedan
After keeping my car for several hours for the inspection, my dealer informed me that it did "not need the sunroof replacement." They washed it and my wife picked it up later that same day and also returned the C300 loaner.
The following users liked this post:
Hk91308 (08-21-2020)
Old 10-03-2020, 03:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CURRENT:W209 2009 CLK350 Coupe FORMER: W245 2006 B200
The dealership I went to has a large glass window into the service area so you could see what was happening. Mechanic took less than 5 minutes looking at the sunroof. I assume there is a batch number printed on the sunroof frame. Car then drove off. Reviewing dashcam footage after, it went straight to the car wash. So all in all, a waste of time besides a free wash and free coffee...
Old 10-03-2020, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes Benz CLK 320; 2002 GMC Sierra
I did make the appt to have my CLK sunroof recall completed. Again I drove the 135 miles to the dealer. This time I decided to have them trouble shoot and repair whatever it was in back of the glove box that had been making an obnoxious, plasticky rattling sound in back of my glove box, or more precisely, in back of the switches in the dash that hold among other things, the seat heater switches and cup holder. Also I had discovered that the windshield washer was not working which will make driving the car through the fall and winter here very dicey. (I suspected a washer pump, but the headlight washer does work, so I dunno).
I dropped off the car and as promised, they presented me with a loaner. The loaner was a 2020 Mercedes Benz E450 4-Matick that had around 2000 miles on it. I have written about the experience elsewhere in this forum.
Anyway, the sunroof did NOT need to be replaced, and the rattling sound was two bolts that were improperly installed on the right side exhaust which is right in back of where I thought the noise was coming from. Apparently someone at the last dealer to service the car before I bought it had done some sort of service to the exhaust in that area (I need to check my service history and find out what it was.). The washer was not repaired although the service tech wrote something about needing to adjust the hood latch as no other problem was found and the washer was working properly when the car arrived. (It was not).

So back the car will go around the middle of the month, and this time it will be just for the windshield washer and it WILL get fixed before I leave. (the labor cost will be ALL their's, also! GRRRRRRRRR).

But for the record, although I am a tad annoyed at having to make the 300 mile round trip again this month to have an item for service repaired AGAIN, all in all, I can only say that so far I think Mercedes of Portsmouth seems a good place to have a Mercedes serviced. Besides, I will again get to have a leisurely lunch with my son who lives two hundred miles in the opposite direction and whose wife doesn't let hiim off his leash very often.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 424 Likes on 350 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by Hk91308
Brought my car into Mercedes Henderson and within 30 minutes of leaving the dealership - they stated my sunroof is not affected as part of the recall. What a waste of time, you figure they’d know by the VIN #
Pain in the A$$ they can be. I gave them my vin over the phone to make sure I wasn’t wasting my day.