CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2005 CLK500 Fuel Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 02:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLK500 Cabriolet
2005 CLK500 Fuel Leak

My car recently suffered the exact same fuel sending pump failure as other M-B vehicles, requiring replacement of the Sender and Filter units. Cost of $1100.
Mercedes-Benz, after enough complaints of the same component engineering problem with other M-B models eventually offered those owners an extended warranty of +15 years.

For some reason (actually, no logical reason at all), they did not include my model/VIN. When 'discussing' this, the M-B representative could or would not actually answer questions about WHY my model was not included. Instead, she could only basically read from a script that said that my VIN was not already on the list. Um, no kidding—which is the reason why i wrote a comprehensive appeal letter, with supporting data and receipts.

So, what's the story? What is the logic? It's the same design flaw that afflicted other people. Why is it incumbent upon me to only have my failure after enough other people with the same model have also already complained? Obviously, the fault in the design still afflicts my car/model, as... obviously, this is not an instance of user-initiated failure. I cannot make these components fail. There is no upkeep/maintenance i can do. The fault is assuredly not mine. Why do other people get relief?