CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Electric Seat won't recline back CLK W209

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 02:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK 500
Electric Seat won't recline back CLK W209

Hi guys,

Have an issue with my driver seat.

The driver electric backrest will fold forward but wont recline back, which now is at a point that if I move the seat forward anymore it will be non drive-able if I cant get it to fold back.

When i press the forward switch It makes a clicking noise exactly the same as the other working switches do in the dash and around the floor/under seat area.

All other movements work fine e.g forward/back and the seat cushion tilt.

I have checked all the fuses next to steering wheel and in the boot all are fine.

I have disconnected battery for an hour with no luck.

I tried seat reset *moving seat backwards on rails all way, the holding 5 seconds. Then moving it forward to end of rail and holding 5 seconds* no luck.

Tried tapping the motor with a wrench, no luck :')

I have read that the *Seat Control Switch* ( Switches on door to move seat positions ) can sometimes need replacing?

Taking everything into consideration does anyone know it its likely to be the Seat Control Switch or a under Seat Model problem?

Im assuming motor is fine as it will move forwards just not backwards, also it makes the same clicking noise as the working switches it just wont move back.

Hopefully iv listed enough info for somebody to know what i'm on about or know the solution

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks
Jay