CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Burning oil once a week on start up after car sits.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 06:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 CLK 350/. 2009 CLK 350/2005 Both White
Burning oil once a week on start up after car sits.

Cylinder one burning oil and misfire. So about once a week after my car sits for a day when I start it up blue smoke comes out of the exhaust for a few seconds . Last year it was idling rough after warm up not so bad so i checked the coil pack it was fine then i looked at the plus and sure enough fouled. I was able to drive all cylinders ok just had a check engine light .
Now it missing firing to the point were the coil pack is shutting down until I do a restart then after 5 min fails again . It never did that before I'm worried its a bigger problem.

I’m getting a misfire which tells me obviously the plug is getting fouled. What I’m trying to figure out is Could It be a valve seal or rings my theory is if it was rings it would be every day more prevalent or am I wrong. If it was valve seals how difficult of a job is this I mean I’ve done them on American engines when I was a young kid and it was fairly easy.

I know the standard procedure is to run a compression test and check that first but I’m just trying to see if anybody has any ideas first

Last edited by karayjay; 03-05-2020 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:31 PM

OK so here’s an update I came home and I remove the spark plug it was clean not that oil fouled that makes me nervous. You see a while ago my car was running rough no check engine light but running rough then the check engine light would come on and I would reset it but the car was perfectly drivable but it was annoying at lights the check engine light would come on because of simple misfires but everything would continue running.
I went on eBay and I got a coil pack just in case even though I swapped it and it continued to say so no one and I said what the hell why not.

Then I remove the spark plug and saw how file that is inside I got it I guess I have a valve seal leak which falls my plugs that’s why have burning oil once a week. Today I found my old coil pack which was probably good no need to replace it a while back I change the spark plug which really did need to be changed and it seems to be running OK I’m praying that maybe that coil pack I bought that I didn’t need just went bad coincidently or a loose connection.

Can anybody else tell me what would cause a cylinder to shut down completely just one what are the components because what I was doing to get to work was I would shut off the car restarted the and it ran nice for about 3 miles and then fail again and running on five cylinders all the way home

Last edited by karayjay; 03-05-2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:32 AM

Well I figure it out COIL pack was bad, I put back my original one I took at a few months back and it works great.