CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My car can't lock/unlock.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 CLK
My car can't lock/unlock.

Hi guys i make this post because i have this problem for 1 year and no one know what it could be on french mercedes forum. I didn't bring the car to Mercedes Service because i want to solve the problem by spending the less money i could.
Ok so let's explain , i have a CLK W209 and the key is not working only for opening,closing the car and the trunk. I changed the battery key and it's still not working. Then my battery car died so i needed to change the battery and everything well until the key still not woring.
I'v check the fuse in the trunk about the unlocking/locking and no one are blowed. Check thoses from the side of the driver dashboard and they're all good. My Infrared is working (look like it's a bit weak i didn't compare to another CLK..) and when i push lock or unlock the red button appear meaning that the key battery is good. I tried to push lock and unlock at the same time for few seconds and then it appear twice time (i reset it as it's explained in the driving manual for CLK) still not working..

I'v commanded a module antenna for my CLK because some people told me it could be in fault because of the frequency , i changed it and it was working only one day. I could unlock the car far from 50 meters as before..

Last day i was working in the interior of my car when everything was mounted well and close the doors , push on the key to lock the car and it work perfectly but only 1 meters far from the infrared door.. Then 30mn after not working at all.. If i want to open the car i need to push on unlock maybe 20 or 40 times and stick the car to the door infrared..

I tried all the things i'v seen on youtube or internet and nothing is working..

I have the old version of key , here is some pictures.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,044 Likes on 967 Posts
1999 E300TD
Buy a bowl of moules and run to any dealer who will diagnose the problem and then you go fix,maybe
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2006 CLK500 cabriolet
I don't know how you can drive around with that white frost on your windshield. It will block your visibility and you may even get ticketed.