CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SRS error message

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-09-2004, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK200K
SRS error message

anyone know what is this about, i saw this today on my cluster and it seems to be some service that i need to go for. Can anyone tell me what is this and also what is the fault?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:02 PM

2003 CLK320, Sliver, Ash Leather, Command System, Xeon lights, K3, K4
I would like to know also, my car is displaying the same error!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Almost a Member!

1995 E200-124
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by shadowlord
anyone know what is this about, i saw this today on my cluster and it seems to be some service that i need to go for. Can anyone tell me what is this and also what is the fault?
SRS refers to the Supplemental Restraint System, i.e. airbags and seatbelts.

If you are receiving a warning message, or the SRS warning light has failed to extinguish after ignition, it is telling you that there is a fault somewhere in the system and that, as a consequence, the airbags and seatbelt restraint mechanism have been deactivated.

There are a number of reasons why this happens. Three, in particular, come to mind.

1. The SRS Control Unit has failed (expensive).

2. The clock spring situated just below the steering wheel has broken.

3. Wiring corrosion (more likely on older models).

I presume that your vehicle is still under warranty, so take it to a dealer for a diagnostic check. They will plug your car into their Star Diagnosis system which should be able to retrieve the relevant error code(s) to pinpoint where the fault lies.

I drive a 1995 E200-124 which recently suffered this fault. If you are interested, details can be found on the E-Class (W124) forum.

Frankly, I am amazed that the SRS system is still causing problems for owners. Mercedes-Benz should have resolved this 'known issue' years ago.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
or a loose connector anywhere in the car. All the YELLOW connectors are SRS connectors. There are a few under the seats also. Check those too.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:30 AM

CLK200K
Thanks echo200 & sunman, in my case the SRS goes "off" it comes "on" once a while, while i am driving, i called my mechanic this morning, he mentioned that it could be my handphone being too near to the passenger seat which does sound right.???

I will bring it in and have the start check on it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by echo200
SRS refers to the Supplemental Restraint System, i.e. airbags and seatbelts.

If you are receiving a warning message, or the SRS warning light has failed to extinguish after ignition, it is telling you that there is a fault somewhere in the system and that, as a consequence, the airbags and seatbelt restraint mechanism have been deactivated.

There are a number of reasons why this happens. Three, in particular, come to mind.

1. The SRS Control Unit has failed (expensive).

2. The clock spring situated just below the steering wheel has broken.

3. Wiring corrosion (more likely on older models).

I presume that your vehicle is still under warranty, so take it to a dealer for a diagnostic check. They will plug your car into their Star Diagnosis system which should be able to retrieve the relevant error code(s) to pinpoint where the fault lies.

I drive a 1995 E200-124 which recently suffered this fault. If you are interested, details can be found on the E-Class (W124) forum.

Frankly, I am amazed that the SRS system is still causing problems for owners. Mercedes-Benz should have resolved this 'known issue' years ago.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
How expensive is this SRS control unit? My light came on yesterday, and I have to prepare for the worst.