CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Help! recurring P0335 despite CPS replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 04:54 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Black 2004 CLK (w209) 320 Cabrio auto transm. "Elegance" trim; <br /> 2014 A180 black man.
Angry Help! recurring P0335 despite CPS replacement

Hi ladies and guys!

To make it short, recently my 320 Cabrio stalled a couple of time without warning. And restarted like nothing happened after ca. 20 minutes. ODBII showed only 1 code: P0335. Usual suspect: the CPS.

Ordered a Delphi CPS and replaced it. Cleared the P0335 code and checked that is was cleared. However the stall repeated. After ca. 20 minutes running, the engine stalls. ODBII reports same P0335 code. Went back in the engine and pulled the CPS connector. Looks clean and dry. Seal looks fine. Reseated it again (damn thing to do with big fingers and no direct view). Checked the wiring from CPS and did not see any visible damage. Though the wires are covered in a stainless steel mesh, so can't really see inside.

I'm lost. Any clue where to look next? Any lead to a post about recurring P0335 despite CPS replacement? I've googled quite many posts but couldn't find any similar issue.

Thanks a million for any leads

PS: for anyone that would consider replacing the CPS, trust me you can do it. It's quite a simple job. Yup it's in a really tight place. Watch carefully the many videos on the net. All you need is E8 socket, ratchet, some extensions. It takes about 1h if you don't drop the E8 screw. If you drop the E8 screw, it takes much longer...